Originally Posted by necrioth
I was able to get my system to work as follows:
1) Set the TV to use option 1 for inputs: " Method 1: Select this method if there is only one source input button on the remote, and each time the button is pushed the next input label is cycled to in a set order."
2) Setup your input list as follows:
3) Choose "InputNext" as the button that scrolls between inputs.
4) Since the first time you press the "InputNext" button, it only brings up the menu and you have to press select to actually select an input, we need to add a couple extra button presses. For each activity that uses your TV, add the following extra button presses at the end of starting the activity:
TV - Send "InputNext"
TV - Send "Select"
5) Since there is no direct input, the help button will not allow easy fixes when the inputs don't change correctly. As a "fix" I added the "InputNext" and "Select" button to my extra buttons for each activity so I can manually fix things for those occasions where an IR command is missed/skipped.
This was able to take me from fuming angry that there were no direct inputs to at least be able to tolerate it. This isn't a perfect solution, but it is definitely better than chucking my $75 Harmony remote. I hope this helps everyone!
It's far easier to use mode 3, set up only the inputs your TV has if you've deleted any (hint, DO NOT use TV as an input name, it treats it like a built in tuner, I had to name it TV2, though in retrospect cable box would have made more sense, I named it TV on the TV because it was faster than using the stupid remote to key all that in, I wanted the labels on the remote to match the TV menus). Then just pick input next for your menu, input next to cycle the menu and select to select the input on the next screen after the inputs list. This saves you having to do custom set up jiggery on every activity you have now or add in the future. As long as your good about pointing your remote at your gear you shouldn't have any issues, and worst case the help button will still work correctly with this setup vs using custom commands.