or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Official OPPO BDP-93 Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official OPPO BDP-93 Owner's Thread - Page 811

post #24301 of 26593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboyz View Post

It won't happen in Source Direct mode, just so you all know.

Not using Source Direct and still don't see it. Not saying you don't, but in my setup (Oppo 93, Anthem MRX, Panasonic 65VT50) it's just not happening whether I go direct HDMI to my display or through the receiver.
post #24302 of 26593
I guess now that I caught it, I look for it.
If you aren't looking for it obsessively, you won't see it.
post #24303 of 26593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboyz View Post

I guess now that I caught it, I look for it.
If you aren't looking for it obsessively, you won't see it.
Now those are the problems I like to solve. wink.gif
post #24304 of 26593
but it really is there, I guess that nobody cares though…

frown.gif
post #24305 of 26593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboyz View Post

but it really is there, I guess that nobody cares though…

frown.gif
I'm super picky. It just doesn't happen in my system.
post #24306 of 26593
I see the same intermittent frame skip issue as Fanboyz has been describing. He's not imagining it. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time to diagnose and experiment. I think he may be right about source direct fixing the problem, but I haven't spent enough time with it to confirm.
post #24307 of 26593
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirica View Post

I'm super picky. It just doesn't happen in my system.
Never seen it either and I'm SOOPER picky!wink.gif

Had it occurred on my system I would have definitely seen this anomally as I'm quite sensitive to randomness.biggrin.gif
post #24308 of 26593
But it doesn't do it on source direct, proving it's not my other gear or an HDMI thing.
And two different 93s exhibit the same issue. That means everyone is affected.
post #24309 of 26593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboyz View Post

But it doesn't do it on source direct, proving it's not my other gear or an HDMI thing.
And two different 93s exhibit the same issue. That means everyone is affected.
It's a curiosity for sure. But 2 93's is not statistically significant. I'll keep reading to see what you find out!
post #24310 of 26593
Fanboyz,
Are you actually expecting a different answer this time than the last times you posted this? There is no new information to work with.
--Bob
post #24311 of 26593
sadness.
I'll just keep it in Source direct
4 EVER.
post #24312 of 26593
Quote:
Originally Posted by abilyeu View Post

I see the same intermittent frame skip issue as Fanboyz has been describing. He's not imagining it. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time to diagnose and experiment. I think he may be right about source direct fixing the problem, but I haven't spent enough time with it to confirm.

What's needed is a readily reproducible case.
--Bob
post #24313 of 26593
Quote:
Originally Posted by abilyeu View Post

I see the same intermittent frame skip issue as Fanboyz has been describing. He's not imagining it. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time to diagnose and experiment. I think he may be right about source direct fixing the problem, but I haven't spent enough time with it to confirm.


Source direct fixes it.

I proved it with 3 weeks of testing.
post #24314 of 26593
I just purchased Judge Dredd on blu ray and tried to play it and the player says unknown disc and then no disc. This came in a one disc "Blu Ray+Digital+Ultraviolet" copy with both 2d and 3d all on one disc. Is there something that needs to be done to play it? I don't have the 93 hooked up to internet as it is unavailable in the room it is in but have never had this problem before. The latest firmware is installed and BD-Live is off, secondary audio is on.
Thanks
post #24315 of 26593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

What's needed is a readily reproducible case.
--Bob


You just need to live with a 93 for a while, eventually you may catch it.
You can't induce it, believe me I have tried.

My guess is the recent changes to the Qdeo to make it do DVDs play at 24p and handle 1080i video "better", may thrown the Qdeo out of whack.
Somehow just passing through 1080/24p the Qdeo overwhelms it, even though it doesn't process the signal it certainly has to acknowledge it and repeat it. There is where the culprit lies...
post #24316 of 26593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboyz View Post

You just need to live with a 93 for a while, eventually you may catch it.
You can't induce it, believe me I have tried.

My guess is the recent changes to the Qdeo to make it do DVDs play at 24p and handle 1080i video "better", may thrown the Qdeo out of whack.
Somehow just passing through 1080/24p the Qdeo overwhelms it, even though it doesn't process the signal it certainly has to acknowledge it and repeat it. There is where the culprit lies...

Have you gone to Oppo with your suspicion about which firmware update might be responsible for what you're seeing? I seem to remember that in certain cases Oppo might downgrade your firmware for you if you had good reason for needing it. Testing for such a glitch might be considered reason enough.
post #24317 of 26593
The 93's cant be downgraded outside of Oppo doing it at their lab.
All that needs to happen is abilyeu needs to report his experience to Oppo, that way it gets more attention on their bug list.
post #24318 of 26593
Just tried Judge Dredd 3D and got a black screen with a green line in the middle. Hope a new firmware will be out soon to correct this.
post #24319 of 26593
Thread Starter 
Even if it gets more attention you still run into replication. Bob has already stated that a reliable replication is necessary. It may be possible that they can "count the frames" by comparing the number of frames the player has played versus the number of frames on the source, but most of the testing I have seen OPPO do has always been "eyes on." That is, they have to be able to see if in order to do something about it. OPPO can't really create a fix if they are not able to reliably see the error occur, create a fix, then verify that the error has indeed been eradicated with no additional playback anomalies.

Second, your issues do not need to be reported more than once. If OPPO has said they put it on the bug report list, then that is all that is necessary. No additional reporting will make OPPO work harder on the issue. That is now how they operate. OPPO works completely on: how easy it is to reproduce, how likely it is that they can resolve it, how many resources it may take to resolve it, and what is required to resolve it. If the numbers do not add up, or there is something that limits their ability to work on it, then unfortunately it will remain an unresolved bug.
post #24320 of 26593
DREDD 3D - the 93 continues to default (?) to 2D - disc displays correctly on my Panasonic player - first real blu-ray error I've encountered in 12 months
post #24321 of 26593
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTSPOOK View Post

DREDD 3D - the 93 continues to default (?) to 2D - disc displays correctly on my Panasonic player - first real blu-ray error I've encountered in 12 months

Welcome to AVSForum.

Does the disc give you a message about not finding a 3D display?

What happens if you set the player to 3D = Forced?

-Bill
post #24322 of 26593
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiman24 View Post

Just tried Judge Dredd 3D and got a black screen with a green line in the middle. Hope a new firmware will be out soon to correct this.


Hi,

To get around this when the menu appears start the movie in 2D first, after the logo comes up press the menu then switch to 3D the movie will start from where you stopped from and play in 3D correctly.
post #24323 of 26593
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAZUKI67 View Post

Hi,

To get around this when the menu appears start the movie in 2D first, after the logo comes up press the menu then switch to 3D the movie will start from where you stopped from and play in 3D correctly.

Thanks will try in a few
post #24324 of 26593
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE-C View Post

I just purchased Judge Dredd on blu ray and tried to play it and the player says unknown disc and then no disc. This came in a one disc "Blu Ray+Digital+Ultraviolet" copy with both 2d and 3d all on one disc. Is there something that needs to be done to play it? I don't have the 93 hooked up to internet as it is unavailable in the room it is in but have never had this problem before. The latest firmware is installed and BD-Live is off, secondary audio is on.
Thanks
Just an update- I have an Oppo 83 and an old Pioneer Elite 95 and the disc plays in both of those players -- still says "unknown disc " in the 93. Any suggestions?
post #24325 of 26593
The menu comes up - sometimes with both 2D and 3D options - sometimes with only 2D - once it claimed I didn't have 3D enabled equipment. When pushing the 3D start (when available) it shows the film in 2D. The suggesti
on of starting in 2D then going to the menu and re-selecting 3D did work. I am on auto-3D selection at the moment.
post #24326 of 26593
The menu comes up - sometimes with both 2D and 3D options - sometimes with only 2D - once it claimed I didn't have 3D enabled equipment. When pushing the 3D start (when available) it shows the film in 2D. The suggesti
on of starting in 2D then going to the menu and re-selecting 3D did work. I am on auto-3D selection at the moment.
post #24327 of 26593
The menu comes up - sometimes with both 2D and 3D options - sometimes with only 2D - once it claimed I didn't have 3D enabled equipment. When pushing the 3D start (when available) it shows the film in 2D. The suggesti
on of starting in 2D then going to the menu and re-selecting 3D did work. I am on auto-3D selection at the moment.
post #24328 of 26593
The menu comes up - sometimes with both 2D and 3D options - sometimes with only 2D - once it claimed I didn't have 3D enabled equipment. When pushing the 3D start (when available) it shows the film in 2D. The suggesti
on of starting in 2D then going to the menu and re-selecting 3D did work. I am on auto-3D selection at the moment.
post #24329 of 26593
The menu comes up - sometimes with both 2D and 3D options - sometimes with only 2D - once it claimed I didn't have 3D enabled equipment. When pushing the 3D start (when available) it shows the film in 2D. The suggesti
on of starting in 2D then going to the menu and re-selecting 3D did work. I am on auto-3D selection at the moment.
post #24330 of 26593
The menu comes up - sometimes with both 2D and 3D options - sometimes with only 2D - once it claimed I didn't have 3D enabled equipment. When pushing the 3D start (when available) it shows the film in 2D. The suggesti
on of starting in 2D then going to the menu and re-selecting 3D did work. I am on auto-3D selection at the moment.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Official OPPO BDP-93 Owner's Thread