or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Oppo BDP-95?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Oppo BDP-95?  

post #1 of 52
Thread Starter 
Got the new Music Direct catalog - on page 48 they're advertising the Oppo BDP-95 for $979.00

According to an e-mail from Oppo -"There is no information about this product that we can disclose at this time. All we are confirming is that this will be a replacement to the BDP-83SE, so its audio and video capabilities will exceed this product's specifications."

Does anyone have any info on this model??
post #2 of 52
Also, how about the BDP-93 vs the BDP-95?? We demand to know!!
post #3 of 52
Don't expect any info until after the 93 is officially released to the general public. People need to learn to have a little patience.
post #4 of 52
For those of you who have none (patience that is)...

http://www.musicdirect.com/product/89632

Balanced stereo outputs! I know what my next universal player is going to be...

Martin
post #5 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhconley View Post

For those of you who have none (patience that is)...

http://www.musicdirect.com/product/89632

Balanced stereo outputs! I know what my next universal player is going to be...

Martin

That sounds amazing.
post #6 of 52
That certainly appears to be the design goal.
--Bob
post #7 of 52
I like the looks of the front panel of the 95. Are there any pictures of the back of the 95? Any word of the Sabre DACs used and their implementation?

Bill
post #8 of 52
Apart from the Eject button, I don't see any hard buttons !
Is this merely a prototype or is the 95 indeed going to have touch buttons (and how to use them in the dark ?) ?
post #9 of 52
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...=#post19544382

Read starting from there and the next few posts. Long/short: This is going to be real and apparently not just a 93 with a few extra tricks if I read rdgrimes correctly.
post #10 of 52
Here's a link I added on the locked 93 thread that can be useful here.

DJoel
post #11 of 52
for those of you that don't have the musicdirect catalog please refer to http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post19516797
post #12 of 52
post #13 of 52
Price seems a bit high. Is it really worth $180 more than the universal Denon 2011?
post #14 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP View Post
Price seems a bit high. Is it really worth $180 more than the universal Denon 2011?
I would think the BDP-95 will have a much better analog section than the 2011. That is the reason why I bought the 83SE and will more than likely buy the 95.

Bill
post #15 of 52
One would think so as the current BDP-2010CI used Burr-Brown PCM-1782 24-bit/192-kHz DACs. The specifics against unreleased BDP-2011UDCI don't seem to say what it is using?

Whereas the current Oppo BDP-83SE used ESS Technology ES9016 - 4 DACs per channel for its Stereo output and ESS Technology ES9006 - 1 DAC per channel for its 7.1ch output.

Not quite equal against Analog performance.
post #16 of 52
According to Denon, "the new DBP-2011UDCI features inclusion of the very latest Anchor Bay Technologies decoding Engine and Scalar, as well as all-new Burr-Brown 32-Bit, 192-kHz Audio DACs on all channels for unprecedented high-definition audio playback. For ultimate-quality image resolution, it features HDMI v1.4a outputs with 3D and CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) capability and 36-Bit Deep Color. Further enhancing performance, it features independent pathways for interlaced and progressive display, plus the DBP-2011UDCI has a full complement of advanced decoding circuitry, with decoding of all the latest HD audio formats from Dolby and dts." BB DACs are no slouch (although my reading on the ESS Sabre DACs seems like they are incredible).

Both the Denon and the Oppo have 3D and Netflix. Looks like one of them will find its way to my rack next year (will also upgrade to a 3D plasma). I can't wait to see the respective reviews when these bad boys are available.
post #17 of 52
I'm more interested in the 95 than I have many of Oppo's previous models but still would like some competition for it


I wonder if we'll see a DBP-4011UDCI.

I thought the DBP-2011UDCI was supposed to be out in August?
post #18 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post

I'm more interested in the 95 than I have many of Oppo's previous models but still would like some competition for it


I wonder if we'll see a DBP-4011UDCI.

I thought the DBP-2011UDCI was supposed to be out in August?

There are several rumors to what exactly happened but still very much delayed. In the meanwhile some of the AVS members are using the new $2500 Denon DBP-A100 which should be a higher grade player then the $799 DBP-2011UDCI if you go by Denon pricing. My assumption is that this model is more or less what the DBP-4011UDCI would be, just renamed for their 100th.

It should be interesting when all these models (Oppo & Denon) are compared by reviewers when available.
post #19 of 52
Thanks - I'm guessing the DBP-A100 is more like a DBP-4010UDI but I could be wrong. I didn't see any mention of 3D or netflix so I'm guessing it will be replaced with something more feature rich (I could have missed those items - I can easily miss the obvious ).
post #20 of 52
Boy, This seems really strange. The 93 has barley hit the streets and already they are coming out with a new model [in 1st qtr 2011]. That''s new for Oppo.
post #21 of 52
Yes. I understand that. It just seems wierd, that's all. But as with all things Oppo, there's probably a method to the madness. Also, I don't want to complain here too much cause I may wind up purchasing one.
post #22 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by javry View Post

Boy, This seems really strange. The 93 has barley hit the streets and already they are coming out with a new model [in 1st qtr 2011]. That''s new for Oppo.

doesn't seem strange to me. the 93 is the upgrade of the 83; the 95 is the upgrade of the 83se. the latter pair are aimed at audiophiles seeking excellent analog output and willing to pay for it.

I find myself wondering if Nuforce will do a upgrade of the 95.
post #23 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by javry View Post

Boy, This seems really strange. The 93 has barley hit the streets and already they are coming out with a new model [in 1st qtr 2011]. That''s new for Oppo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javry View Post

Yes. I understand that. It just seems wierd, that's all. But as with all things Oppo, there's probably a method to the madness. Also, I don't want to complain here too much cause I may wind up purchasing one.



javry, are you responding to your own post?
post #24 of 52
yeah bud. I think I am. I do that every once in awhile.
post #25 of 52
haha, schizoid!

I'm pretty darn impressed with the digital (HDMI) on the 83, so I guess that excludes me as an audiophile. ;(
post #26 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote2 View Post

doesn't seem strange to me. the 93 is the upgrade of the 83; the 95 is the upgrade of the 83se. the latter pair are aimed at audiophiles seeking excellent analog output and willing to pay for it.

I find myself wondering if Nuforce will do a upgrade of the 95.

e-mail from NuForce - " We're still trying to coordinate with OPPO about the possibility. Once we have any new updates, we'll announce immediately on our official website"
post #27 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

I'm pretty darn impressed with the digital (HDMI) on the 83, so I guess that excludes me as an audiophile. ;(

not at all, that's not what I meant. it just means you aren't one who is "seeking...analog output".
post #28 of 52
The 95 looks very promising. Oppo, if you're listening, please add a digital input(s) (coax, optical or usb) so you can utilize the dac for other sources.
post #29 of 52
^ So I could run DD 5.1 via coax out of my cable DVR, for example? Oh, yeah!
post #30 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by johsti View Post

The 95 looks very promising. Oppo, if you're listening, please add a digital input(s) (coax, optical or usb) so you can utilize the dac for other sources.

absolutely! (am I correct in assuming that what you mention can be done with the discontinued 83SE model?)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players
This thread is locked  
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Oppo BDP-95?