or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › DIY Speakers and Subs › Dayton OmniMic Precision Measurement System
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dayton OmniMic Precision Measurement System - Page 10

post #271 of 2086
Thread Starter 
Thanks Bill, That was from my post #70, figured everyone already saw or grabbed it - I added it to the first post now - I didn't know what else to call it, so I named it "User info / Manual"
post #272 of 2086
Let's get some feedback on usage!!! I'm dying here!
post #273 of 2086
Well I went ahead and ordered one up this evening.

James
post #274 of 2086
I just ordered too. Couldn't miss out on the Free Dayton pocket speaker

I am in S. CA though so I won't get it until Friday, I can hear all the feedback b4 even receiving my kit.
post #275 of 2086
What's funny is I got one of those little speakers when I ordered my Aviatrix stuff and my daughter grabbed it for her ipod. Now I will have two of those little things. It actually did not sound bad for what it is.

James
post #276 of 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by exojam View Post

What's funny is I got one of those little speakers when I ordered my Aviatrix stuff and my daughter grabbed it for her ipod. Now I will have two of those little things. It actually did not sound bad for what it is.

James

Free always sounds good to me
post #277 of 2086
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaudio View Post

I just ordered too. Couldn't miss out on the Free Dayton pocket speaker
.

LOL - I got 3 of those freakin free speakers - I told my rep I really didn't need another, he said it was put of his hands

FOH - post up some info, your the only one we know who has one at this point
post #278 of 2086
So Warp, when can we expect a shoot out between those and your TC setup?

I guess you could make a video of the TC shooting them across the room on heavy bass info

James
post #279 of 2086
Pfft, yeah but are his 'awesome' LMS subs wireless? Get with the times, ya bunch of geezers. Nothing is cool anymore if it isn't wireless and I don't see anywhere on his subs that says they are able to play mp3's or stream Netflix.
post #280 of 2086
Thread Starter 
LOL

Yeah - I think about 1000 of these may have some serious potential for a serious line array....
They just may put my whole system to shame... Now you guys got me thinkin about my next build

The RED FURY LINE ARRAY !!!!!!!!


post #281 of 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpdrv View Post

LOL

Yeah - I think about 1000 of these may have some serious potential for a serious line array.... put my whole system to shame... Now you guys got me thinkin about my next build


WarpFury! -- Better than PocketWarp!
post #282 of 2086
Thread Starter 
Totally diggin that built in KICK STAND !!!!! Oh Yeah !!!!
post #283 of 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post

Will OmniMic be able to measure electrical freq response, like an EQ's output?

You can do that with a quality sound card and free software.
post #284 of 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpdrv View Post
Totally diggin that built in KICK STAND !!!!! Oh Yeah !!!!
I can send you mine so you can have quadraphonic sound

I'll be happy if I get my OmniMike by Friday. It'll give me something to do over the weekend.
post #285 of 2086
Excited to see what those of you that ordered this think of it. I would have loved to get this to play with for the weekend but I'll be in Vega$. I'll order mine when I get back.
post #286 of 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray View Post

You can do that with a quality sound card and free software.

I've got more money than time and patience; the plug&play aspect of OmniMic is what attracts me.
post #287 of 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post

I've got more money than time and patience; the plug&play aspect of OmniMic is what attracts me.


Got it
post #288 of 2086
I second Noah's statement.

It would also be nice if everyone (many) was using the same software and mic. It would make comparisons easier.

Is there a functionality that generates a file you can post to the web or are we going to be down to print screens?
post #289 of 2086
Subscribed. I am also thinking of purchasing this product from Parts-Express. Will be waitng for everyone else's thoughts on this product.

Enjoy that kick stand Warpdrv. Can we say easily amused. Just Kidding
post #290 of 2086
Got my kit today. Other than installing it on my netbook and looking at the SPL graphs of my voice I've done nothing with it. Very neat kit though. Up and running in about three minutes.

I hope this thing works well, because installing this thing onto my netbook with a USB cable is priceless compared to breaking out all the equipment necessary for REW.
post #291 of 2086
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post

Got my kit today. Up and running in about three minutes.

Now that's what I'm talkin about !!!!

I still haven't gotten a ship notice
post #292 of 2086
woot! we're close to a mini-review...I can almost taste it! just like chicken.
post #293 of 2086
How is TrueRTA these days for user-friendliness?

I don't need distortion or CSD, just freq resp.
post #294 of 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpdrv View Post

Now that's what I'm talkin about !!!!

I still haven't gotten a ship notice

I didn't get a ship notice either but I called and mine was shipped yesterday, I bet yours went out too. PE has been slacking on the shipping notices lately.
post #295 of 2086
I haven't gotten a ship notice on my last 2 or 3 orders.

Go to their website and click on you "Your Account" then "My Order History" and then on the Invoice Number. If it has shipped it will have Fedex numbers on the invoice and you can click on them and takes you straight to the Fedex tracking page.

Moto
post #296 of 2086
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaudio View Post

I didn't get a ship notice either but I called and mine was shipped yesterday, I bet yours went out too. PE has been slacking on the shipping notices lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX48 View Post

I haven't gotten a ship notice on my last 2 or 3 orders.

Go to their website and click on you "Your Account" then "My Order History" and then on the Invoice Number. If it has shipped it will have Fedex numbers on the invoice and you can click on them and takes you straight to the Fedex tracking page.

Moto


Yeah, says it didn't ship there either....
Guess I gotta give them a call...
post #297 of 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post

How is TrueRTA these days for user-friendliness?

I don't need distortion or CSD, just freq resp.

I hated it.

If you want just Freq resp. and you want it cheaper then the new Dayton mic then why not use HOLM??

Its probably the easiest tool I have used for getting a frequency response.
post #298 of 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by t6902wf View Post

I second Noah's statement.

It would also be nice if everyone (many) was using the same software and mic. It would make comparisons easier.

Is there a functionality that generates a file you can post to the web or are we going to be down to print screens?

Its not really important to have the same software, what is important is that everyone understand what properties should be used (ie. Smoothing, Axis values, etc).

Lots of the pros use Praxis, SoundEasy, etc already and its not hard to see a plot from any piece of software.

As for capturing/posting charts. You can always use free screen capture software like Screenhunter (its easy and free). You save the file as a jpeg and upload it.
post #299 of 2086
I'm confused on this thing looking at the PE page.

The mic plugs into the USB on the computer, but how does it output the tones. I see there is two discs there so I would hazard a guess that one is for the drivers and the other is an output of test tones like soho's dvd.

Correct or no?
post #300 of 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post

I'm confused on this thing looking at the PE page.

The mic plugs into the USB on the computer, but how does it output the tones. I see there is two discs there so I would hazard a guess that one is for the drivers and the other is an output of test tones like soho's dvd.

Correct or no?

Correct
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: DIY Speakers and Subs
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › DIY Speakers and Subs › Dayton OmniMic Precision Measurement System