or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Soundbars › Ysp 2200
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ysp 2200 - Page 3

post #61 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostylou View Post

Many thanks for sharing Bucinno2000,

Between this, and the GLOWING review that a Yamaha rep shared with me( he said he thought it sounded better than the 4100 and 5100, and also a tight punchy fast subwoofer).. well Davyo.. I 'think' this could be your last soundbar

Hey Frosty

My "last" soundbar,,,, wow, that would be weird,,, what would I do with my life if I was'nt buying, checking out and returning soundbars,,,,, I might have to do something constructive with my life,,,,, perhaps I will finish my research into unlocking the mysteries of cold fussion.

But yes,,, I have been in search of soundbar nirvana,,,, on paper the 2200 looks like it "could" be that bar,,,,, and I do hope it is, as I am getting a bit ragged out packing up and retruning soundbars.

Cheers
Davyo
post #62 of 590
I'm quite excited about this product, as none of the existing soundbars seem 'just right.' I did a little digging and found someone posting a mini-review.

avforums.com/forums/speakers/1374870-yamaha-ysp-2200-sound-bar-mini-review.html

(I can't paste a real link because I don't post enough )

This review is very positive, but I am waiting to see a comparison between the YSP 2200 and the Sony or JVC soundbars. Based upon the specs and initial impressions, it sounds like the YSP 2200 may be worth the price premium.

Davyo, I've been following your soundbar extravaganza recently and I am greatly looking forward to your review of the YSP 2200.
post #63 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyKidd View Post

I'm quite excited about this product, as none of the existing soundbars seem 'just right.' I did a little digging and found someone posting a mini-review.

avforums.com/forums/speakers/1374870-yamaha-ysp-2200-sound-bar-mini-review.html

(I can't paste a real link because I don't post enough )

This review is very positive, but I am waiting to see a comparison between the YSP 2200 and the Sony or JVC soundbars. Based upon the specs and initial impressions, it sounds like the YSP 2200 may be worth the price premium.

Davyo, I've been following your soundbar extravaganza recently and I am greatly looking forward to your review of the YSP 2200.

Thanks for the link. I can't wait to hear one in person. No doubt, that the 2200 is a real winner.
post #64 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyKidd View Post

Davyo, I've been following your soundbar extravaganza recently and I am greatly looking forward to your review of the YSP 2200.

Im greatly looking forward to my review as well

Cheers
Davyo
post #65 of 590
http://www.buy.com/prod/yamaha-ysp-2...218861712.html

Edit Price shot back up to hell! davyo I hope u got in on this one...
post #66 of 590
Quote:

Thank you very much for posting that, cant beat that price,,,,,,,, it's ordered, with 2 day delivery.

I've order thur Buy.com before and never had a problem so hopefully its really in stock and I get it in the next few days.

If all goes right,,, I will be posting a YSP-2200 review in 3 or 4 days and a YSP-2200 vs the JVC BA1 review as well.

Cheers
Davyo
post #67 of 590
holly crappp 500$ just a few days after launch??? that price is amazing!! like i said you americans are soooo lucky

davyo looking forward to your review, i do hope that it will be the ultimate soundbar....RDV in 96h i guess!

@
post #68 of 590
@buccino2000

can you please specify what are the model numbers of the old soundbars you had????

and when you say the ysp 2200 is bettehr than all 3 of them is it:
1) quite better ?
2) a little better ?
3) hugely better ?

coz man if i double the money i want to hear a night and day difference, not only in sound clarity but also in surround!!!!

@drfreeman

you never were really satisfied with YSP (too expensive and lack of midrange, right?); i was stunned when you said the CT150 compared to the YSP you have and is even better on certain aspects!!!

frankly i trust you but never have i read in any pro review that YSP have been beaten....but your point made me choose the CT350 (going to get one in january) and not spend my money on a YSP's............unless davyo convinces me that the 2200 is a HUGE upgrade to the CT and JCV
post #69 of 590
Ok,, a quickie update,,,, my new credit card I used to order the 2200 a few minutes ago got declined,,,,, its a new never used card so I have to contact my bank to find out what the problem is,,, meaning my order/shipping will be delayed a few days until I get to the bank,,,, so much for using the new'est credit card I just got last week

Cheers
Davyo
post #70 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by nenito2k View Post

@buccino2000

can you please specify what are the model numbers of the old soundbars you had????

and when you say the ysp 2200 is bettehr than all 3 of them is it:
1) quite better ?
2) a little better ?
3) hugely better ?

coz man if i double the money i want to hear a night and day difference, not only in sound clarity but also in surround!!!!

@drfreeman

you never were really satisfied with YSP (too expensive and lack of midrange, right?); i was stunned when you said the CT150 compared to the YSP you have and is even better on certain aspects!!!

frankly i trust you but never have i read in any pro review that YSP have been beaten....but your point made me choose the CT350 (going to get one in january) and not spend my money on a YSP's............unless davyo convinces me that the 2200 is a HUGE upgrade to the CT and JCV

doc...i also would like to know if there is now any slight chance for us to see you compare the ct 150 // 350 ??? is that doable with your friend?
post #71 of 590
I placed an order from buy.com earlier today, and it appears to have gone through. They are now only listing it at full retail, but I think that is because buy.com is out of stock and they are showing a listing from another vendor. It would not shock me if the price was an error and they cancel the order, but I will let people know if/when it ships.
post #72 of 590
I ran across this deal quite by accident on froogle yesterday and placed the order. Within an hour it had already reached the shipping state & my card was charged. Seems legit & being honored. Went with the free shipping, it says 7-9 days but I've always had my stuff from buy.com /w free in half that time. VHT210 is going back for sure, sick of not having the LED volume.
post #73 of 590
Quote:


Thank you! You Are the Man. I didn't waste any time, placed my order while eating breakfast this morning. Took several hours to receive an e-mail from Buy.com confirming that my 2200 was on its way to the warehouse, but receive it I did.

Glad I decided not to wait since the price went back up to list price. But since I'm a cheap SOB and chose the free (slower) shipping option, might be awhile, considering the season, until it gets to me but I've got my YSP-800 to keep me company until then.
post #74 of 590
Totally missed that. I've been on this thread everyday.

If someone finds a great deal on it, PLEASE email me at td2243@gmail.com

thanks so much.
post #75 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by nenito2k View Post

@buccino2000

can you please specify what are the model numbers of the old soundbars you had????

and when you say the ysp 2200 is bettehr than all 3 of them is it:
1) quite better ?
2) a little better ?
3) hugely better ?

coz man if i double the money i want to hear a night and day difference, not only in sound clarity but also in surround!!!!

@drfreeman

you never were really satisfied with YSP (too expensive and lack of midrange, right?); i was stunned when you said the CT150 compared to the YSP you have and is even better on certain aspects!!!

frankly i trust you but never have i read in any pro review that YSP have been beaten....but your point made me choose the CT350 (going to get one in january) and not spend my money on a YSP's............unless davyo convinces me that the 2200 is a HUGE upgrade to the CT and JCV

Hi!
I owned only the polk surroundbar 42, i think this was the first one producted... compared to this i got a great improvement in sound quality, and superb improvement in estethic side and congestion of cables...
then i could compare in various store with SAMSUNG HW-C450 and Pioneer HTP-SB300..
even in this case i had more involvement with surround sound, and very clear definition of the whole sound panel.. all seemed being powerful but with no directional sound in the surround sides, great front panel but no more...
I had to consider the connections-side too... the other provided only 2 hdmi input at most, and i didn't want to spend extra on a hdmi-switch of good quality.. and for future upgrade this Ysp has 1.4 hdmi, so it's 3D-proof!! even if i'm not intended to upgrade to 3D...
i agree with you that the extra bucks provide great improvements, but i think that in av sector we often spend great amounts of money, on a 1:3 scale, only for a 5% improvement in quality... so there's no mathematic "i spend 800 and so i obtain twice what i get with 400"... imho...
in my parameters these extra-money were good-spended!!
The more i listen to this YSP 2200, the more i like its sound!
post #76 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckf1 View Post

Thank you! You Are the Man. I didn't waste any time, placed my order while eating breakfast this morning. Took several hours to receive an e-mail from Buy.com confirming that my 2200 was on its way to the warehouse, but receive it I did.

Glad I decided not to wait since the price went back up to list price. But since I'm a cheap SOB and chose the free (slower) shipping option, might be awhile, considering the season, until it gets to me but I've got my YSP-800 to keep me company until then.

Heads up I just got my tracking and it will be here tomorrow. This was with the free (7-9 business day) shipping. It does require a signature.
post #77 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iano View Post

Heads up I just got my tracking and it will be here tomorrow. This was with the free (7-9 business day) shipping. It does require a signature.

Outstanding and just in time for the holidays!
post #78 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by buccino2000 View Post

Hi!
I owned only the polk surroundbar 42, i think this was the first one producted... compared to this i got a great improvement in sound quality, and superb improvement in estethic side and congestion of cables...
then i could compare in various store with SAMSUNG HW-C450 and Pioneer HTP-SB300..
even in this case i had more involvement with surround sound, and very clear definition of the whole sound panel.. all seemed being powerful but with no directional sound in the surround sides, great front panel but no more...
I had to consider the connections-side too... the other provided only 2 hdmi input at most, and i didn't want to spend extra on a hdmi-switch of good quality.. and for future upgrade this Ysp has 1.4 hdmi, so it's 3D-proof!! even if i'm not intended to upgrade to 3D...
i agree with you that the extra bucks provide great improvements, but i think that in av sector we often spend great amounts of money, on a 1:3 scale, only for a 5% improvement in quality... so there's no mathematic "i spend 800 and so i obtain twice what i get with 400"... imho...
in my parameters these extra-money were good-spended!!
The more i listen to this YSP 2200, the more i like its sound!

Your post is a tad bit confussing the way it is writen,,,,,, you already own the YSP-2200 ???,,,, correct ????

Cheers
Davyo
post #79 of 590
Hello Davyo!
It was a confusing post as a response to Nenito's one... and i'm a little confusionary as i don't write in english too often!!! Sorry!!
Yes, i bought the YSP 2200 last saturday, here in Italy it was sold since the beginning of December... retail price 799€, if you convert on dollars ((((
post #80 of 590
post #81 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by buccino2000 View Post

Hello Davyo!
It was a confusing post as a response to Nenito's one... and i'm a little confusionary as i don't write in english too often!!! Sorry!!
Yes, i bought the YSP 2200 last saturday, here in Italy it was sold since the beginning of December... retail price 799, if you convert on dollars ((((

Cool,,, congraduations on the new soundbar purchase !!!!!!

How would you rate the surround sound and the onscreen menu's ?

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Davyo
post #82 of 590
in specs, it doesn't list a sub out, how do I use my velodyne sub with this
post #83 of 590
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsaints View Post

in specs, it doesn't list a sub out, how do I use my velodyne sub with this


it comes with a sub
post #84 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsaints View Post

in specs, it doesn't list a sub out, how do I use my velodyne sub with this

It has a positive negative type connection for the sub
post #85 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley07 View Post

Says only 6 left?!?!

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-YSP-220.../dp/B004E10JZW

Geez!!! They're gone!!
post #86 of 590
I got my shipping notification late last night, it appears to have shipped from a warehouse fairly close to me, it is schedule for delivery today. Can't wait to wire it up and see how much of an improvement it is over my Niro.
post #87 of 590
Can't wait for the reviews you lucky bastards/guinea pigs who are getting it very soon.
post #88 of 590
Mine got here about 2 hours ago. Setting it up was pretty easy, the hardest part involved moving my TV around to get to the wiring routed behind it and remove my existing speaker. As a baseline, I have been using a Niro 1.1 Reference for the last 7 or 8 years.

Setup:
Plugging in everything was basically a breeze. I was a little surprised that I needed to plug the composite video output into my TV to see the configuration screens (I had assumed it would be available via HDMI), but other than that no hiccups. The setup program took a few minutes to run. I could not get ARC to work, but I think that is an issue with my TV (Vizio VXT553SV), a lot of people report issues with ARC on that set. Consequently, I used optical out from my TV for most sources, but plugged my Bluray player into the bar via HDMI so that I could get 7.1 from it. I did not need to extend the legs at all, they cleared my TV stand at their lowest position.

Initial thoughts:
I quickly ran through a few scenes in Avatar (5.1), as well as the Pan around sequence on the HD Basics disc (7.1). Channel separation is superior to my previous system, and rear channels definitely feel like they are a bit behind me. Not sure how well it compares to a well setup discrete system, but the room I am setting it up in is sub-optimal for either a real system or surround par (non rectangular, different materials and reflectivity of the walls, etc). Despite that, and the fact that my sitting position is off center, the system does seem balanced between left and right with just the basic calibration.

Later today or tomorrow I will actually watch some movies, and play some Dance Dance Revolution.
post #89 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo View Post


How would you rate the surround sound and the onscreen menu's ?

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Davyo

For the onscreen menu can't say anything as i used the display on the bar only, but it was clear in the main settings in this display mode too... after christmas i'll take some time for a more precise customization!!
for the surround sound.. i think the 5.1 is well-expressed, not like real surround but very close...
i think the result depends on the source used, from Blu-ray or mkv with dts(at least..) the surround effect is clearly appreciable, less in satellite programs and tv.. my room is not so regular, and the overall quality depends on this too.. even in these conditions i feel very satisfied!
i hope you'll get this soon to have a second e very important opinion!!!
post #90 of 590
Icerbarg i'm happy i'm not the only one who owns this bar!!!!
I expect your opinion to see if we have the same satisfaction on this Ysp...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Soundbars
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Soundbars › Ysp 2200