or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › XBMC Media Center : Setup Guide, Knowlege Base & Support
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

XBMC Media Center : Setup Guide, Knowlege Base & Support - Page 6

post #151 of 3139
Wow, this is the best guide I have found so far. I just spent hours getting TMT5 working, wish I would've found this sooner.

For some reason I can't access your playercorefactory file for TMT5 on Mediafire. All I get when I click the links is all kinds of add/spam popups and then it fails, I had to kill my browser process. Would you mind posting the XML text itself? Mediafire sucks a**!!.
post #152 of 3139
GreenEyez - a new DSPlayer build has been uploaded to rapidfire - see here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=61355&page=391 post #3909.

Unofficial. but initial testing suggests that is solid.
post #153 of 3139
How does xbmc handle truehd? Does it decode and send out lpcm?
post #154 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman1991 View Post

GreenEyez - a new DSPlayer build has been uploaded to rapidfire - see here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=61355&page=391 post #3909.

Unofficial. but initial testing suggests that is solid.

+1, tested and rock solid on 20 MKV rips with HD audio. One thing didn`t work, playback of a Blu Ray folder structure (VC-1 video, True HD, it was "Devil (2010), for the record). I`ll investigate this.

I`ll add it to the guide when it`s posted on the DS Player official build thread (i think seb wants to add it, if not i`ll add it to the guide anyway).
post #155 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by natrone06 View Post

How does xbmc handle truehd? Does it decode and send out lpcm?

I think only reads the Dolby Digital core. The DS Player build we were talking about bitstreams True HD and DTS-HD via ffdshow.
post #156 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuench View Post

Wow, this is the best guide I have found so far. I just spent hours getting TMT5 working, wish I would've found this sooner.

For some reason I can't access your playercorefactory file for TMT5 on Mediafire. All I get when I click the links is all kinds of add/spam popups and then it fails, I had to kill my browser process. Would you mind posting the XML text itself? Mediafire sucks a**!!.

Ups, sry. I use AdBlock for Chrome (there is also the Firefox version) so i never see ads. I`ll repost it on megaupload.

Here you go : http://rapidshare.com/files/43891021...orefactory.xml
post #157 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman1991 View Post

App Data is a hidden folder - you may have to unhide it from Control Panel\\Folder Options\\View\\Show Hidden Files, folders and drives.

The path is C:\\Users\\Username (Whatever you chose during Win set-up)\\AppData

Got it sorted, thanks
post #158 of 3139
Ive set up my network and everything and I've been trying to stream 720p .avi movie files to the XBOX but it seems like theres a framerate issue that pops up... Peculiar thing is that it only happens when the scene is bright... For example the entire opening of Boardwalk Empire is a pretty bright/outside scene on the beach and its choppy when I stream it... Theres NO issues when I play it in VLC on my PC though.

When the actual show starts and the scenes are not as bright the frames are fine.

I played Dispicable Me and it was almost unwatchable as the frames were too choppy. Theres no issues with the sound quality so I cant understand why it would be doing this...

Before you ask, I have my PC and XBOX hooked up via ethernet through the router.

Anyone had this issue before?
post #159 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by natrone06 View Post

How does xbmc handle truehd? Does it decode and send out lpcm?

Yes that is how it is handled natively - because as far as I know TrueHD tracks do not carry a core track (only DTS-HD). Core DD is either included as a seperate track, or has to be decoded from the TrueHD stream.
post #160 of 3139
I was finally able to download the playercorefactory.xml example for TMT5 today.

Not sure if you guys are aware, but TMT5 has issues starting in fullscreen. The recommended workaround is to start it from a batch file using "start /max ...". I have played with both the MCE version and the standalone launched from XBMC and have found the standalone works better for me.

Hideconsole is enabled to hide the batch file launch window. Hidexbmc is disabled so TMT launches on top, without this I found that XMBC hides and you see the desktop while TMT launches. I also don't do anything with the cursor (warp or hide) because that caused TMT to display it's overlays when it launched due to the mouse movement. Using the uTotalMediaTheater.exe vs. uLaunch... prevents the Arcsoft popup logo.

PlayerCorefactory.xml
Code:

 
   
     C:\\Program Files\\Scripts\\TMT5.cmd
     false
     true    
     none
   
 
 
   
 
TMT5 Maximize Batchfile (TMT5.cmd)
Code:
::----------------------------------------------
:: Start TMT5 Main Program
::----------------------------------------------
start /max "TMT5" "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ArcSoft\\TotalMedia Theatre 5\\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" E:
post #161 of 3139
ARGGGG I installed that media center master program, and I am able to get meta data for individual files easily. But I can NOT get it to just run meta data search for ALL of my movies. The help page on there site has no help for this

let me add, I own a life time membership. and can only seem to do meta for each movie individually. Arg
post #162 of 3139
Can anybody confirm if XMBC using DXVA can display subtitle?
post #163 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by takagari View Post

ARGGGG I installed that media center master program, and I am able to get meta data for individual files easily. But I can NOT get it to just run meta data search for ALL of my movies. The help page on there site has no help for this

let me add, I own a life time membership. and can only seem to do meta for each movie individually. Arg

Media -> Re-Fetch all media titles
post #164 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by echoesian View Post

Can anybody confirm if XMBC using DXVA can display subtitle?

Ofc it can, it has had that functionality for a long time.
post #165 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuench View Post

I was finally able to download the playercorefactory.xml example for TMT5 today.

Not sure if you guys are aware, but TMT5 has issues starting in fullscreen. The recommended workaround is to start it from a batch file using "start /max ...". I have played with both the MCE version and the standalone launched from XBMC and have found the standalone works better for me.

Hideconsole is enabled to hide the batch file launch window. Hidexbmc is disabled so TMT launches on top, without this I found that XMBC hides and you see the desktop while TMT launches. I also don't do anything with the cursor (warp or hide) because that caused TMT to display it's overlays when it launched due to the mouse movement. Using the uTotalMediaTheater.exe vs. uLaunch... prevents the Arcsoft popup logo.

PlayerCorefactory.xml
Code:

 
   
     C:\\Program Files\\Scripts\\TMT5.cmd
     false
     true    
     none
   
 
 
   
 
TMT5 Maximize Batchfile (TMT5.cmd)
Code:
::----------------------------------------------
:: Start TMT5 Main Program
::----------------------------------------------
start /max "TMT5" "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ArcSoft\\TotalMedia Theatre 5\\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" E:

Thanks a lot, i`ll modify the player core xmls in the guide with the "hide XBMC" option set to off. As for that TMT5 bug, you can also fix it by creating a shorcut to the uMCEDVDPlayer or normal exe and right-clicking on it, then setting the run option to "maximize". And ofc, poting the xml file to the shortcut.
post #166 of 3139
News : Aeon MQ 2.6 has been released. It includes a new look, and a new way to download the skin, via the Aeon addon repository, which also means updates will come automatically now via the auto-updater in XBMC. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=81601

News 2 : A new build of DS Player is comming up shortly, since the previous one that Steel linked had a small bug (OSD now showing up when you press pause during a movie). Not a deal breaker, but i preffered to wait for the new build before i re-include it into the guide.
post #167 of 3139
okay after registering and walking away for 2 hours I came back and it was fetching. So dunno Guess it's automated?

edit:
also added the aeon installer. downloading now
post #168 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyez View Post

Media -> Re-Fetch all media titles

would this not refetch everything? i have 2300 movies..
Is there a way to make it simply fetch new additions?
post #169 of 3139
Yes it will, i thought that`s what you wanted. If you only want to fetch new movies, just enable the auto-scan function in MCM (Application -> Use Auto-Scan)
post #170 of 3139
Okay fixed my other issue. Great little program

Is there a way to bulk movies? Have all my bond movies file under one poster? scream, star trek, star wars. that sort of thing?
post #171 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyez View Post

Ofc it can, it has had that functionality for a long time.

Does it able to display subtitle nicely without artifacts? Because with ffdshow DXVA + subtitles via MPC-HC and WMC7 is showing artifacts...
post #172 of 3139
Hey Greeneyez,

Is there any way you can add a tutorial on how to install/set-up the cinema experience? I have installed it but can't figure out how to set it up to work.
post #173 of 3139
The Media Center Master site is offline.
Can anyone please share the install file ?

Thanks.
post #174 of 3139
Too many choices these days!

I had Media Browser all set up and working nicely, MPC-HC using DXVA. But decided to try XBMC again after reading this, updated my ATI drivers and it's working now with DXVA. Of course I also had to try and see if I could get MadVR renderer working since it's been updated, no DXVA of course but it does now work for me, too. What to do....what to do...

I do think I like the XBMC interface better.
post #175 of 3139
Could XBMC be installed to a popcorn hour? I like the small PCH
post #176 of 3139
You can set up YAMJ on the PCH and it can look very much like XBMC depending on the skin you use. For example, the Aeon skin.
post #177 of 3139
Hmm worth a try. I just like the simplicity of the PCH. but do like XBMC. guess I need to do some playing around
post #178 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by takagari View Post

Could XBMC be installed to a popcorn hour? I like the small PCH

The official response from the Team XBMC members on the forum is : never on current models. The Realtek/Sigma models currently available today don`t offer 3D hardware acceleration needed to run that fancy GUI XBMC or 7MC/Media Browser have. The same reason why YAMJ needs a PC/WHS backend to run.

ARM arhitectures are another thing. XBMC has already been ported to the first generation Apple TV and works fine. They are also working on porting it to the Boxxe Box since it uses the Intel CE4100 SoC which offers 3D Hardware acceleration.

PS : Why didn`t you build a mini-ITX HTPC if you wanted small? Those things are as small as they get, a little bigger than a WD Live
post #179 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLIVE View Post

Too many choices these days!

I had Media Browser all set up and working nicely, MPC-HC using DXVA. But decided to try XBMC again after reading this, updated my ATI drivers and it's working now with DXVA. Of course I also had to try and see if I could get MadVR renderer working since it's been updated, no DXVA of course but it does now work for me, too. What to do....what to do...

I do think I like the XBMC interface better.

Try Media Portal? Boxee? Just to give you more interfaces to work with, haha
post #180 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by echoesian View Post

Does it able to display subtitle nicely without artifacts? Because with ffdshow DXVA + subtitles via MPC-HC and WMC7 is showing artifacts...

Subs work fine for me, PGS and SRT. Are you using an Intel HD Graphics GPU? those things have major issues with open source decoders like ffdshow DXVA or the MPC-HC ones.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Computers
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › XBMC Media Center : Setup Guide, Knowlege Base & Support