or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › XBMC Media Center : Setup Guide, Knowlege Base & Support
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

XBMC Media Center : Setup Guide, Knowlege Base & Support - Page 66

post #1951 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post

Hey all, I downloaded the AMD distro of XBMC to check it out to a flash drive. While I found it interesting, I had no reason to install it until I found more about it.

This was a few months ago...

I am on the verge of updating my HTPC with all new hardware. The only carry overs would be the 640GB install SATA drive, my two externals (250GB and 500GB) and case Antec Sonota III with 500W Earthwatts efficient PSU.

I am closing to adding a SSD to the mix and wanted to replace Macro Tube (You Tube is broken), Second Run TV (bit of a clunky interface) and Hulu plug-in (not really a plug-in) with one program and given the ESPN 3 Plug-in for XBMC and Sportsdevil, I though; Why not?

Could I accomplish all my streaming needs with XBMC?

BUMP! Please answer this.
post #1952 of 3139
I'm still a noob when it comes to HTPC but I have been doing a lot of research lately. I am currently using a Boxee Box and their list of apps is pretty good and I believe they do have an ESPN 3 app. They also have some apps that I could not find for XBMC which might just be a case of me not finding the right repository. However, Since I have the majority of the apps I need linked to my Boxee account, I plan on running WMC as basically the home page when I get my HTPC set up. I will have it default to Live TV so that when I turn it on it goes to the last channel I was watching like if I turned on my DirecTV box.

I found some files that will allow you to integrate programs into the Windows Media Center main screen. What I plan to do is integrate Boxee, XBMC, and Hulu Desktop into WMC which already has Netflix integration. This way I can switch between all of the programs based on whether I want to watch the various apps or plugins XBMC and Boxee offer, stream Netflix or Hulu, watch live or recorded TV, or watch my collection of local media. I hope that offers some help but I'm sure some of the seasoned vets here will have a better solution.
post #1953 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post

BUMP! Please answer this.

I can't answer your specific streaming needs, but why not give it a chance? XBMC doesn't cost anything and it's easy to remove if you dislike it.
post #1954 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 6 Pack View Post

I'm still a noob when it comes to HTPC but I have been doing a lot of research lately. I am currently using a Boxee Box and their list of apps is pretty good and I believe they do have an ESPN 3 app. They also have some apps that I could not find for XBMC which might just be a case of me not finding the right repository. However, Since I have the majority of the apps I need linked to my Boxee account, I plan on running WMC as basically the home page when I get my HTPC set up. I will have it default to Live TV so that when I turn it on it goes to the last channel I was watching like if I turned on my DirecTV box.

I found some files that will allow you to integrate programs into the Windows Media Center main screen. What I plan to do is integrate Boxee, XBMC, and Hulu Desktop into WMC which already has Netflix integration. This way I can switch between all of the programs based on whether I want to watch the various apps or plugins XBMC and Boxee offer, stream Netflix or Hulu, watch live or recorded TV, or watch my collection of local media. I hope that offers some help but I'm sure some of the seasoned vets here will have a better solution.

There is no boxee support for any of the PC (Microsoft or Apple) platforms anymore if memory serves me correctly.

Most of what you want can be included in WMC+MB or XBMC.
post #1955 of 3139
Looking for HD backdrops/backgrounds?

http://htbackdrops.com
post #1956 of 3139
FYI, the final version of XBMC 11 should be arriving soon (strings were updated to the final names, merge with master was done today bla bla) so once it`s up i`ll update the guide for Eden. Probably tomorrow, since it`s usually a 1 day delay between the final changes showing up on github and the binary release (judging by the previous release, beta and RC).

Thanks guys for the suggestions on the file storage providers, i`ll try them out. I know mediafire, but was never happy with the upload speeds. I`ll try the rest and upload the entire wallpaper pack today.
post #1957 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars99 View Post

I can't answer your specific streaming needs, but why not give it a chance? XBMC doesn't cost anything and it's easy to remove if you dislike it.

I know it doesn't cost anything. I know there's a ESPN3 plug-in, which looks like it works better than using Second Run TV which is somewhat tedious when trying to access different replays or live events.

I have seen the plug-in list and its okay. I already have Hulu Desktop integration. The only thing left is Crackle and Amazon Unbox...

Boxee is still available to download, its just after this last release they are not going to update the desktop versions anymore.
post #1958 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post

I know it doesn't cost anything. I know there's a ESPN3 plug-in, which looks like it works better than using Second Run TV which is somewhat tedious when trying to access different replays or live events.

I have seen the plug-in list and its okay. I already have Hulu Desktop integration. The only thing left is Crackle and Amazon Unbox...

Boxee is still available to download, its just after this last release they are not going to update the desktop versions anymore.

There are also several unofficial plugins, like BlueCop that contain additional data sources.
post #1959 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars99 View Post

There are also several unofficial plugins, like BlueCop that contain additional data sources.

I found all the plug-ins and was looking at editing the first page menu since I would only use it for streaming content. I will use Media Browser for TV Shows and Movies.

However I knew XBMC supported Rom Collector and three/four different game databases while Game Browser for Media Browser only supports the database they made for their plug-in.

That sort of has me rethinking how and what to use for XBMC. I can remove MacroTube since I still get get You Tube to play (even with the latest fixes) and still get Revision3 and TwIT. I can remove the browser because there is a You Tube plug-in that even supports Leanback. There is also a plug-in for Crackle!

I was going to buy the motherboard for my A6-3500, but the server is really tight on space now and I'll go ahead a buy an external 2TB since they are on sale and around they price they were before the floods in Thailand.

I am going to do some more research on XBMC, thanks.
post #1960 of 3139
hey guys, quick question.

my playlists are showing movies that do not exist, or in the wrong playlist. how do i refresh my library so they display the proper movie lists?

thanks
post #1961 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokarz View Post

hey guys, quick question.

my playlists are showing movies that do not exist, or in the wrong playlist. how do i refresh my library so they display the proper movie lists?

thanks

Clean your library.
post #1962 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars99 View Post

Clean your library.

how?
post #1963 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokarz View Post

how?

1st link on google "xbmc clean library"

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Settings/Videos
post #1964 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin View Post

1st link on google "xbmc clean library"

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Settings/Videos


i need to use google more.
post #1965 of 3139
So does the final/release version of XBMC 11 Eden support HD audio bit streaming? If not, it's still a non-starter for me and I'll stick with Media Browser / 7MC.
post #1966 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsinclair View Post

So does the final/release version of XBMC 11 Eden support HD audio bit streaming? If not, it's still a non-starter for me and I'll stick with Media Browser / 7MC.



i asked this exact same question a few pages back. look for a link to a patched version of XBMC 11.

YES! it does support HD audio bit streaming.
post #1967 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyez View Post

Real life kept me busy this week so i haven`t updated the guide yet. My new furniture should arrive tomorrow so i`ll be busy the next days.

Anyway, in the meantime here is the link to the HD audio patch, in case somebody hasen`t noticed it yet : download

And for backgrounds, well, here are mine :















I have around 1.3 GB worth of images on my machine, similar to these, if somebody knows a good uploading service similar to megaupload so i can post them, let me know.






GreenEyez, did you ever got a chance to upload these images? I love to grab them.
post #1968 of 3139
https://github.com/downloads/DDDamia...%20HDAudio.zip

Watch out this is RC2 with the HD audio patch. There is no Eden final with the HD audio patch since Eden was released just 3 hours ago.
post #1969 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokarz View Post

GreenEyez, did you ever got a chance to upload these images? I love to grab them.

These exact images (the one in my post) or the entire pack i was talking about? Because if you`re talking about these images, just click on them, they are linked thumbnails, clicking on any of them takes you to the final/big image. Then right click -> Save as etc.

As for the pack, tried yesterday, but my PC went to sleep during the upload (i was taking a shower and not at the machine) at 65%, lol, and the transfer cancelled. I got pissed and didn`t try again. I`ll try again now and PM you when i`m done.

Edit : 26 minutes of upload time remaining, jeez fileserve is slow (or they may not have servers close to Eastern Europe). Filesonic doesn`t let you share links, and mediafire caps at 200MB for the file size.
post #1970 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyez View Post

These exact images (the one in my post) or the entire pack i was talking about? Because if you`re talking about these images, just click on them, they are linked thumbnails, clicking on any of them takes you to the final/big image. Then right click -> Save as etc.

As for the pack, tried yesterday, but my PC went to sleep during the upload (i was taking a shower and not at the machine) at 65%, lol, and the transfer cancelled. I got pissed and didn`t try again. I`ll try again now and PM you when i`m done.

Edit : 26 minutes of upload time remaining, jeez fileserve is slow (or they may not have servers close to Eastern Europe). Filesonic doesn`t let you share links, and mediafire caps at 200MB for the file size.


Thanks! I've already saved all the images you've posted.

Was inquiring about the 1.3gb pack.
post #1971 of 3139
Here you go : http://www.fileserve.com/file/5AJ3nEX/Wallpapers.rar . It`s only half of the images, since i need to sort out the other half (my pictures folder is a mess). Not all of them are 1080p, most of them are higher resolution that 720p, but desktop resolutions like 1680x1050, if you need help cropping/cutting in Photoshop, them to HDTV resolutions like 1080p or 720p let me know
post #1972 of 3139
I love that one with the girl and the headphones. I had to add that one to my set of images. Thanks.

I just got Eden final not too long ago so I guess I'll be finding out how well that works soon enough. I never had any problems with Beta 1 so I never went to the other Beta's or RC's.
post #1973 of 3139
Yeah, i hand picked most of my backdrops, took me almost 1 day to get all of them.

Btw, Eden + HD audio patch now available, with some fixes for the patch, from DanielA (the developer) : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/59102680/xbm...0120325-dx.exe
post #1974 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyez View Post

Yeah, i hand picked most of my backdrops, took me almost 1 day to get all of them.

Btw, Eden + HD audio patch now available, with some fixes for the patch, from DanielA (the developer) : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/59102680/xbm...0120325-dx.exe

I would hold off on using that new Eden + HD audio patch as users are reporting serious problems with it.

Eden RC2 + HD patch was rock solid....stick with that until the dust settles.
post #1975 of 3139
Thanks for the heads up. I am quite happy with RC2 and HD audio.
post #1976 of 3139
I saw in Aeon MQ3 you could make home buttons, but I couldn't figure out how to add anything to them. Here's what Im looking to do: add a Documentary button to the home screen and have all my documentaries only show up there. I failed google because I couldn't find anything. Im not expecting anyone to tell me how to do it, but if you have written or know where a good tutorial is please let me know. Thanks. Also, a big thanks to the regulars on here that help us out. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I appreciate your time and effort.
post #1977 of 3139
Well you can do that with the add button function and Smart Playlists. Since today i`m updating the guide for Eden, i`ll include this into it and PM you. Somebody else asked me some time ago about this, but i forgot the instructions i sent him on how to do it )) .

As for the patch, i`ll test it out today on my machine anyway, and see how it goes.
post #1978 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan4081 View Post

I would hold off on using that new Eden + HD audio patch as users are reporting serious problems with it.

Eden RC2 + HD patch was rock solid....stick with that until the dust settles.

what problems, with eden or the patch ? Link to the thread/discussion ?
post #1979 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyez View Post

Well you can do that with the add button function and Smart Playlists. Since today i`m updating the guide for Eden, i`ll include this into it and PM you. Somebody else asked me some time ago about this, but i forgot the instructions i sent him on how to do it )) .

As for the patch, i`ll test it out today on my machine anyway, and see how it goes.

Sounds great! Thanks.
post #1980 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac25 View Post

what problems, with eden or the patch ? Link to the thread/discussion ?

Looks like some are having problems with the Eden+HD Audio patched build that has been posted by Daniella:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121877

Read the last 20 or so posts on that thread....on the flip side some other posters are now posting success with the same build.
So ymmv.....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Computers
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › XBMC Media Center : Setup Guide, Knowlege Base & Support