or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › XBMC Media Center : Setup Guide, Knowlege Base & Support
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

XBMC Media Center : Setup Guide, Knowlege Base & Support - Page 67

post #1981 of 3139
is there an add on so the media center remote will start and control xbmc, many threads everywhere and most are dated.
post #1982 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac25 View Post

is there an add on so the media center remote will start and control xbmc, many threads everywhere and most are dated.

Look for MCERemote in Program Add-ons.
post #1983 of 3139
FWI for everyone : There is a bug with TrueHD in the new Eden + HD audio patch, you need to set XBMC to decode TrueHD to PCM because bistreaming of TrueHD is broken. Works fine for DTS-HD MA, DTS and DD (bitstreaming i mean). Just noticed it last night.

Aside from that, everything was fine with the upgrade
post #1984 of 3139
is it possible to play DVD-A thru XBMC (Eden with the hd audio patch)?
post #1985 of 3139
Thanks,

I will wait for the fully working HD audio pack.

PS: does anyone know which are the best low profile graphics cards that support HD audio and also preferably have DDR5 memory bandwidth?

Thanks.
post #1986 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by a5ian300zx View Post

Thanks,

PS: does anyone know which are the best low profile graphics cards that support HD audio and also preferably have DDR5 memory bandwidth?

Thanks.

That's a tough combo.

This looks interesting: HIS Radeon HD 6670 1GB (128bit) GDDR5 H667FN1G

If you drop the ddr5 requirement, I really love my Asus GT430:
ASUS GeForce GT 430 (Fermi) 1GB 128-bit DDR3 ENGT430/DI/1GD3(LP)

It has be absolutely flawless on all versions of XBMC on Win7. It also has been great for dabbling with MadVR and LAV.
post #1987 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars99 View Post

Are you using MQ or MQ3? MQ3 should work fine but I think support for regular MQ was dropped?

I enjoy a lot of skins but I've settled on Nox as my primary one. I run a few others on test machines but Nox has the features I desire most.

Thank you Lars.

I may change to Nox to see how it performs.

Ever since the last update, my system has been wonky. It's quite annoying actually.
post #1988 of 3139
@GreenEyez Thanks for the background images.
post #1989 of 3139
Everytime I seem to update xbmc my playercorefactory.xml i have with rules applied is overwritten, is there anyway around this?

For those using tmt 5 (i am not) but similar circumstances apply, how do you stop xbmc from overwriting the playercorefactory?
post #1990 of 3139
I liked XMBC before and booted it a live AMD version on my laptop just to see what all the fuss was about.

But I still wanted to use Media Browser because of its more direct integration with Media Center. MB doesn't support streaming channels yet and MC's Internet TV is a bit incomplete for things like You Tube which I depend on for some shows on RT like Keiser Report and Capital Account.

Thus far I like the software and the streaming video add-ons for You Tube and ESPN3 are worth it, especially since its FREE!!!

I am going to try Rom Collector next to see if that's a viable option over the current version of Game Browser since an update is expected before the end of the year (2011).

One thing I would like help on is how to make the "Movies" show up in the Home menu. Currently it has "TV Shows" (which is on my server as //servername//video/tv shows) but "Movies" (//servername/movies) doesn't show up.

What gives?

Thanks for the tut Green Eyez!
post #1991 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post

I liked XMBC before and booted it a live AMD version on my laptop just to see what all the fuss was about.

But I still wanted to use Media Browser because of its more direct integration with Media Center. MB doesn't support streaming channels yet and MC's Internet TV is a bit incomplete for things like You Tube which I depend on for some shows on RT like Keiser Report and Capital Account.

Thus far I like the software and the streaming video add-ons for You Tube and ESPN3 are worth it, especially since its FREE!!!

I am going to try Rom Collector next to see if that's a viable option over the current version of Game Browser since an update is expected before the end of the year (2011).

One thing I would like help on is how to make the "Movies" show up in the Home menu. Currently it has "TV Shows" (which is on my server as //servername//video/tv shows) but "Movies" (//servername/movies) doesn't show up.

What gives?

Thanks for the tut Green Eyez!

Under system->settings there is an option to 'hide' different things on the home screen.
You need to uncheck the hide 'movies' button.
post #1992 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murilo View Post

Everytime I seem to update xbmc my playercorefactory.xml i have with rules applied is overwritten, is there anyway around this?

For those using tmt 5 (i am not) but similar circumstances apply, how do you stop xbmc from overwriting the playercorefactory?

That's odd. Updating XBMC shouldn't touch anything in your userdata directory, and it never has for me. On my Windows machine I store the playercorefactory.xml in /Users/HTPC/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/userdata. AFAIK, anything in Roaming/XBMC will never get overwritten by XBMC during an upgrade.
post #1993 of 3139
You sure it's XBMC proper and not an update to an add-in that is overwriting playercorefactory?
post #1994 of 3139
This is not news but with the eden release and my new ipad3 I installed some different remotes and re-evaled the old ones I had one my phone. I've gotta say constellation is impressive on the ipad and its free (ad supported). I've been using it non stop for 3 days and am very impressed...


http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xbmc-...437807301?mt=8

Another tip: if you're the kind of user than doesn't venture far from the stock skin but still yearn for something cooler. Check out the NEON Skin. Its got a lot of really great views...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83337

available directly from XBMC appearance settings menu.

and another BTW: Just when I thought Nvidia had finally squashed all the HDMI audio driver bugs on my ION1 rig many years after it was originally release I found another one last night. Nividia always had channel mapping issues over HDMI with 7.1. They fixed it last year finally but the bug still remains. if I enter the setup GUI on my receiver and exit back out it re-negotiates the HDMI connection and when it does it messes up the channel mapping and Front Left comes around Side Surroung Right and so one. Arg.... Luckily I dont venture into the AVR GUI very much but the bug is very real and only fixed by reboot of the HTPC.
post #1995 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars99 View Post

You sure it's XBMC proper and not an update to an add-in that is overwriting playercorefactory?

Hmmm my playercore factory was just in c://programfiles/xbmc/system/

I am going to try putting it in roaming appdata area.

If it is a program how would i ever decipher what program is doing it, I dont think any program should be fiddling with it.

If it happens again i will post what it says in there, everything is overwritten and it then just explains what the playcorefactory is and how to use it.
post #1996 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murilo View Post

Hmmm my playercore factory was just in c://programfiles/xbmc/system/

I am going to try putting it in roaming appdata area.

If it is a program how would i ever decipher what program is doing it, I dont think any program should be fiddling with it.

If it happens again i will post what it says in there, everything is overwritten and it then just explains what the playcorefactory is and how to use it.

Here's the XBMC wiki on that file.

I wasn't suggesting an external program as the culprit, but an internal add-in that you are using inside XBMC.
post #1997 of 3139
Thanks, all i know is i noticed right after i update xbmc its overwritten.

Updated to last eden yesterday, was even thinking it might get overwritten again, sure enough right after the update its overwritten.

This is about the 3rd time i notice it always right after i update xbmc, otherwise its fine.
post #1998 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murilo View Post

Hmmm my playercore factory was just in c://programfiles/xbmc/system/

I am going to try putting it in roaming appdata area.

Yea, if your playercorefactory.xml file is/was in the xbmc/system directory it will definitely get overwritten every time you update XBMC. You really want it in the appdata area so that doesn't happen.
post #1999 of 3139
So i put it in appdata folder, but now i cant play anything using the internal player?

It tries to open everything including internet streams with an external player.

In the c://programfiles/xbmc/system folder this never happen.

What am i doing wrong now..
post #2000 of 3139
Hmm maybe thats what the one in system folder is for that keeps getting overwritten, i will report back.
post #2001 of 3139
LoL yup that was my problem.
post #2002 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murilo View Post

So i put it in appdata folder, but now i cant play anything using the internal player?

It tries to open everything including internet streams with an external player.

In the c://programfiles/xbmc/system folder this never happen.

What am i doing wrong now..

Yea, the one in the system directory is kind of the "default" one. The one in the user directory is meant to be in addition to that. You can choose to have your custom rules run before the system ones by using action=prepend in the rules definition. In 99% of the cases you want to prepend the rules like this:


...
post #2003 of 3139
Out of curiosity does xbmc support 3d? I dont even know about 3d technology really, i am looking at a new tv and getting rid of my few year old projector.

I may never even watch 3d, but just curious if it does support it, if not im guessing i would have to use tmt 5?
post #2004 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan4081 View Post

Under system->settings there is an option to 'hide' different things on the home screen.
You need to uncheck the hide 'movies' button.

I don't quite see that.... I looked under "System" and then "Settings" and don't see that, sorry.
post #2005 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post

I don't quite see that.... I looked under "System" and then "Settings" and don't see that, sorry.

Going to be under System/Skin/Home Screen, or similar - dependant on the skin you use.
post #2006 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman1991 View Post

Going to be under System/Skin/Home Screen, or similar - dependant on the skin you use.

Standard skin. Gotta screen cap?
post #2007 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post

Standard skin. Gotta screen cap?

In the stock Confluence skin it is under System/Skin/Home Window Options...there you Uncheck 'Hide-Movies'.

Have you already added your movie share and set content to Movies, and let XBMC scrape your content?
If so, the option should be where I mentioned.
post #2008 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan4081 View Post

In the stock Confluence skin it is under System/Skin/Home Window Options...there you Uncheck 'Hide-Movies'.

Have you already added your movie share and set content to Movies, and let XBMC scrape your content?
If so, the option should be where I mentioned.

I added my movies folder, twice. I have to go into files just find the movies themselves, all metadata (but for Never Say Never Again, 007) is available.

I added them the same way I added the TV Shows. The only difference is how its shown on the server.

Movies was: //servername//dvdmovies/movies

I have since moved that folder into the Video folder (WHS 2011) and the source is now: //servername//videos/movies

I think its a source related issue, but I'll check the settings again, thanks.
post #2009 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post

I added my movies folder, twice. I have to go into files just find the movies themselves, all metadata (but for Never Say Never Again, 007) is available.

I added them the same way I added the TV Shows. The only difference is how its shown on the server.

Movies was: //servername//dvdmovies/movies

I have since moved that folder into the Video folder (WHS 2011) and the source is now: //servername//videos/movies

I think its a source related issue, but I'll check the settings again, thanks.

Sounds to me like you need to 'set content' on your movie folder.
Set it to this folder contains movies, choose your scraper as moviedb or imdb, and let it scrape your content.
Then the option will be available to have movies on your main menu.
post #2010 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan4081 View Post

Sounds to me like you need to 'set content' on your movie folder.
Set it to this folder contains movies, choose your scraper as moviedb or imdb, and let it scrape your content.
Then the option will be available to have movies on your main menu.

Okay watching some racing currently, I have to finish some other stuff (Bionic Six database work) and I'll work on that a bit later.

Thanks

Edit: I got it working now, you were right I didn't have a scrapper set up for the new folder when I changed positions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Computers
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › XBMC Media Center : Setup Guide, Knowlege Base & Support