Originally Posted by Joe 6 Pack
I've had that issue with a couple TV shows. I'm using the Aeon MQ3 skin so I'm not sure if it is different for other skins but this is how I fixed it. I went to that show and clicked I on the keyboard to bring up the info screen and then selected reload. This brought up a notice saying their was local metadata in the folder where I could select to disregard it and check online anyways. Once it found the show XBMC's scraper was then able to populate the episodes with all the corresponding metadata.
Two issues I've been having are certain plugins crashing XBMC. The Gametrailers and Gamespot plugins crash XBMC every time. I can navigate the plugin but as soon as I select a video to play, XBMC locks up.
The other issue is my TV shows it is receiving a 1080i signal when I'm in XBMC even when playing back my 1080p bluray rips. WMC shows 1080p as the signal when I am navigating around it so I'm not sure why XBMC is sending an interlaced signal as I have the resolution set to 1920 x 1080 in the settings menu. This is on an Assassin HTPC connected to my Onkyo TRX605 (I think) receiver then to my TV by HDMI.
That didn't work. I think this is the problem...
I already got metadata for these two series via Media Center Master.
The problem might be titles -
Spider-Man (1967) yet I get the DVD Cover for the Toby Maguire movie, not the DVD Cover for the 1967 Series.
Spider-Man (1981) I get the same thing.
I recently added M.A.S.K to the server and the same problem, am I adding these the wrong way?
The don't show up under the Home/Video/TV Show menu. They do under Home/Video/Files and Home/Video/Library.
I should mention that I believe I set up the metadata (via Renamer) on the laptop and then transferred the folders over to the correct server folder (video/tvshow/show folder)
The newest episodes to show up at from Iron Man that I added via the HTPC to the server. Same thing, fixed the titles with TheRenamer and copied the folder over to the server.
The problem was the metadata, which was from the 2002 movie! I changed it all back, everything shows up. The '67 Spider-man however, I spent the entire day (still now totally finished) merging two part episodes back together. Whoever ripped this did it at different times because a few files are different resolution so Virtual Dub refused to merge files that are different resolutions. Avidemux merged some of those files but it some of the resolutions are screwy, so I have to fix that by re-encoding.
Also (off-topic) this is why I want to upgrade/update my HTPC. I can no longer encode anything without it overheating the CPU and shutting down. I have better paste and a recent cooler upgrade, so I know that's not the problem.
I can't wait to install this APU.... (A6-3500)