or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › XBMC Media Center : Setup Guide, Knowlege Base & Support
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

XBMC Media Center : Setup Guide, Knowlege Base & Support - Page 93

post #2761 of 3139
Thread Starter 
Also, have you firmly chosen MediaElch over Ember? I've heard Ember mentioned more over at XBMC forums (well I've never heard Elch mentioned), both are open source http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ember_Media_Manager
post #2762 of 3139
I had Aeon MQ4 installed since the beta release few months back, and have'nt looked back to update to the newer versions. But some day i had to.. tried to update to the newer MQ4 version and i got an error saying "dependencies not met", after researching for a while, i came to know that in order to have the new mq4 theme, i might have to install the XBMC Frodo version, and then try adding the theme.
Well, it worked this time, but the fanarts went missing for every movie. Any idea? I am back to the old MQ4 version nonfrodo
post #2763 of 3139
Recommend install final XBMC 12.0 and then get MQ4 ver 2.7.0 installed.

scott s.
.
post #2764 of 3139
Should I uninstall the older version of xbmc before I install this new version that just came out? Or will it just install on top of the older version with no issues?

brickie
post #2765 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Slayer View Post

Something I've not gotten around yet, but would like to know if there is a way . . . Initiate a manual library update without the Videos - Files - subsection. I like to hide Videos and just leave Movies and TV Shows on the main screen. Once a new file hits MCMs scan, it'll kick off a library update, but sometimes I'm too impatient smile.gif Then I have to navigate back to settings, appearance, skin, home window, unhide video, go back to home screen, videos, files, update library. It feels like I'm missing something obvious, but I don't think the context menu within Movies or TV Shows has a "Update Library" option. Nor does the library section of Settings, it only has the clean library and startup options

Yes it does have an Update Library option in the Movies/TV Shows section . What skin are you using ?

post #2766 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Slayer View Post

Also, have you firmly chosen MediaElch over Ember? I've heard Ember mentioned more over at XBMC forums (well I've never heard Elch mentioned), both are open source http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ember_Media_Manager

Ember is kinda dead, there has been no development for it in the last 5 months . I chose both MCM and Media Elch, i`ll just update MCM instructions and post instructions for Media Elch . Then users can just choose what to use.
post #2767 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickie View Post

Should I uninstall the older version of xbmc before I install this new version that just came out? Or will it just install on top of the older version with no issues?

brickie


Do an uninstall, just to be sure. You don`t loose any settings or libraries anyway (unless you specify that when asked during the uninstall process).
post #2768 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyindian View Post

I had Aeon MQ4 installed since the beta release few months back, and have'nt looked back to update to the newer versions. But some day i had to.. tried to update to the newer MQ4 version and i got an error saying "dependencies not met", after researching for a while, i came to know that in order to have the new mq4 theme, i might have to install the XBMC Frodo version, and then try adding the theme.
Well, it worked this time, but the fanarts went missing for every movie. Any idea? I am back to the old MQ4 version nonfrodo

There were some bugs in the old Frodo versions of MQ4 regarding fanart, but got fixed for the current release (2.70). When did you install Frodo and MQ 4, recently (last 2 days) ?
post #2769 of 3139
Get the "Library Watchdog" addon under "Services". (for Eden or Frodo). It will watch for changes to your video and/or music libraries and update XBMC as any changes are made. There is even an option to automatically clean the library when you delete items. Works great!
post #2770 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyez View Post

There were some bugs in the old Frodo versions of MQ4 regarding fanart, but got fixed for the current release (2.70). When did you install Frodo and MQ 4, recently (last 2 days) ?

Yes, it was three days back. On the XBMC Forum some people were complaining about the same. And there was no response from the developer.
I guess i had installed frodo on top of the current xbmc installation. I am using the Assassins XBMC installer that he had in his guide.. which is pre-configured for bitstreaming DTS-HD formats.
If i have to install the new frodo version, i guess i will loose the Audio bitstreaming for DTS HD formats right? Is there a guide to have it on frodo as well?
@thewarm, library watch dog is pretty good. Thanks.
post #2771 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyindian View Post

Yes, it was three days back. On the XBMC Forum some people were complaining about the same. And there was no response from the developer.
I guess i had installed frodo on top of the current xbmc installation. I am using the Assassins XBMC installer that he had in his guide.. which is pre-configured for bitstreaming DTS-HD formats.
If i have to install the new frodo version, i guess i will loose the Audio bitstreaming for DTS HD formats right? Is there a guide to have it on frodo as well?
@thewarm, library watch dog is pretty good. Thanks.

No - HD Audio is included in Frodo - providing your hardware and software are suitable. Just check the sticky at the top of the windows forum, if you have playback issues, following Frodo installation.
post #2772 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman1991 View Post

No - HD Audio is included in Frodo - providing your hardware and software are suitable. Just check the sticky at the top of the windows forum, if you have playback issues, following Frodo installation.

Until now XBMC has been bitstreaming all HD audio formats, including HD-MA, TruHD etc for the previous version of XBMC i had installed.
Ok cool, let me try installing the new version now, will report back in few.
post #2773 of 3139
Ok, another quick question before i uninstall my current version, is there a way to configure XBMC profile on the cache disk. The programs are itself installed on the SSD, but program temps and cache has been configured to store on a different 1TB HDD. While uninstalling XBMC i realized there is a profile folder thats almost 1.5gb full and is been filling up in the SSD in Users directory under windows 7
post #2774 of 3139
Pass I've only ever done a standard install - all to one disc location - the user folder you see will hold your library and image databases.

On a standard install there is no need to uninstall - just download and overwrite (at least that's all I've ever done).
post #2775 of 3139
also i would keep the library metadata on the ssd. it would give for a more responsive gui i would think. there shouldnt be much editing of these so even read/erase/write cycles shouldnt be significant.
post #2776 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Slayer View Post

there is a way . . . to initiate a manual library update

I have mapped my "Blue" button on my MCE remote to call this:
UpdateLibrary(database,[path]) [UpdateLibrary(Videos)]

You can also suppress the progress widget...
UpdateLibrary(database,[path])

More details here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=List_of_built-in_functions
-and-
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap

I run OpenElec, and this is a trivial exercise - edit Lircmap.xml and remote.xml and replace the "Blue" tags with the above command.

For Windows, it can be done, but it's been a while since I have looked into it.
post #2777 of 3139
Is anyone aware of a tutorial/walkthrough for setting up LiveTV (OTA boradcasts) on xbmc?
post #2778 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acesfullup View Post

I have mapped my "Blue" button on my MCE remote to call this:
UpdateLibrary(database,[path]) [UpdateLibrary(Videos)]

You can also suppress the progress widget...
UpdateLibrary(database,[path])

More details here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=List_of_built-in_functions
-and-
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap

I run OpenElec, and this is a trivial exercise - edit Lircmap.xml and remote.xml and replace the "Blue" tags with the above command.

For Windows, it can be done, but it's been a while since I have looked into it.

Nice, are there hotkey's for this? I would like to do this over the keyboard as well.
post #2779 of 3139
Ok, i know i should be asking more questions on the xbmc forum, but its a pool out there.. was wondering if i could get some help quick from here.
After installing the new version, the audio/video is stuttering, infact moving the cursor too is having a hard time. Am i missing out something?
post #2780 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyindian View Post

Ok, i know i should be asking more questions on the xbmc forum, but its a pool out there.. was wondering if i could get some help quick from here.
After installing the new version, the audio/video is stuttering, infact moving the cursor too is having a hard time. Am i missing out something?

What hardware are you using ? (CPU, GPU, driver version).

DId you select WASAPI under the audio output device ?

PS: The purpose of this thread is to talk about XBMC , just like the forums :P
post #2781 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyindian View Post

Yes, it was three days back. On the XBMC Forum some people were complaining about the same. And there was no response from the developer.
I guess i had installed frodo on top of the current xbmc installation. I am using the Assassins XBMC installer that he had in his guide.. which is pre-configured for bitstreaming DTS-HD formats.
If i have to install the new frodo version, i guess i will loose the Audio bitstreaming for DTS HD formats right? Is there a guide to have it on frodo as well?
@thewarm, library watch dog is pretty good. Thanks.

Assassins XBMC installer is the one i also had linked in my guide. It`s Eden with that HD audio patch.

Yes, with the old versions of MQ4, and the dev eventually responded (he is working on another skin, called Ace) and started fixing the fanart in each view, one by one, so came MQ4 2.40, 2.50, 2.60 and finally 2.70 pushed to the repo. Latest one 2.70 works fine with fanart.

Try resetting the skin, and worst case, delete the guisettings.xml from your userdata folder .
post #2782 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyindian View Post

Ok, another quick question before i uninstall my current version, is there a way to configure XBMC profile on the cache disk. The programs are itself installed on the SSD, but program temps and cache has been configured to store on a different 1TB HDD. While uninstalling XBMC i realized there is a profile folder thats almost 1.5gb full and is been filling up in the SSD in Users directory under windows 7

I`ll see if i can find out something about it, don`t think it`s possible, but you should keep that data anyway on the SSD. Reason? Speed. XBMC loads that data, and an SSD improves performance a lot when it comes to loading covers/fanart smile.gif
post #2783 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyindian View Post

Ok, i know i should be asking more questions on the xbmc forum, but its a pool out there.. was wondering if i could get some help quick from here.
After installing the new version, the audio/video is stuttering, infact moving the cursor too is having a hard time. Am i missing out something?

Not a case of asking questions in the correct place - but at least read the sticky in the xbmc forums I referred to in my previous post. Normally stuttering as described is an audio setting issues,
post #2784 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyez View Post

What hardware are you using ? (CPU, GPU, driver version).

DId you select WASAPI under the audio output device ?

PS: The purpose of this thread is to talk about XBMC , just like the forums :P

CPU : intel i7 2600K
Motherboard : ASUS P8Z68-V PRO
PSU : CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX850
Memory : G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB
Heatsink : Thermalright Silver Arrow
Case : SilverStone CW02
SSD : Crucial M4 128GB
Media Disk Drive : LITE-ON iHBS212-08 LightScribe
GPU : ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5

GPU drivers are the latest from Asus/ATI

I dont use wasapi drivers, instead my htpc is connected to my denon AVR

post #2785 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman1991 View Post

Not a case of asking questions in the correct place - but at least read the sticky in the xbmc forums I referred to in my previous post. Normally stuttering as described is an audio setting issues,

I read the sticky, infact spent quite a bit of time on the forum. I read about the audio part as well, i tried the tip.. and still the issue persists.
post #2786 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyez View Post

I`ll see if i can find out something about it, don`t think it`s possible, but you should keep that data anyway on the SSD. Reason? Speed. XBMC loads that data, and an SSD improves performance a lot when it comes to loading covers/fanart smile.gif

Cool that makes sense. I think it should be fine, as long as tons of reads and writes are not taking place.
post #2787 of 3139
Had you read it you would be using WASAPI to achieve bitstreaming audio not DirectSound.
post #2788 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyindian View Post

CPU : intel i7 2600K
Motherboard : ASUS P8Z68-V PRO
PSU : CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX850
Memory : G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB
Heatsink : Thermalright Silver Arrow
Case : SilverStone CW02
SSD : Crucial M4 128GB
Media Disk Drive : LITE-ON iHBS212-08 LightScribe
GPU : ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5

GPU drivers are the latest from Asus/ATI

I dont use wasapi drivers, instead my htpc is connected to my denon AVR


WASAPI is built into Windows, and any ATI drivers has support for it. Instead of Direct Sound, select WASAPI on both the audio output device and passthrough device.

In your case it should be named "WASAPI : DENON-AVAMP (HDMI AMD HIGH DEFINITION bla bla)" , i took this screenshot from my desktop. Direct Sound also acts funny on my Xonar DS on the desktop, shutterfest with Frodo. WASAPI works like a charm.

post #2789 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman1991 View Post

Had you read it you would be using WASAPI to achieve bitstreaming audio not DirectSound.

I am not new to XBMC, been using it since years, and never used WASAPI, have successfully managed to bitstream HD audio with direct sound using denon processing engine.
post #2790 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyez View Post

WASAPI is built into Windows, and any ATI drivers has support for it. Instead of Direct Sound, select WASAPI on both the audio output device and passthrough device.

In your case it should be named "WASAPI : DENON-AVAMP (HDMI AMD HIGH DEFINITION bla bla)" , i took this screenshot from my desktop. Direct Sound also acts funny on my Xonar DS on the desktop, shutterfest with Frodo. WASAPI works like a charm.


Ok that makes sense. let me try that, i will let you know in a min.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Computers
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › XBMC Media Center : Setup Guide, Knowlege Base & Support