I have zero experience with skin editing etc. so please take that in count when reading this topic
I am using the Aeon MQ4 skin with the MULTIPLEX view. What I want is XBMC to show me what type of movie it is when scrolling through my library. With this I mean specifically: I want to be able to see in a elegant way which type the movie is. I want to see 4 different kinds of movies:
1. movies that are not D-Box and not 3D
2. movies that are not 3D but only D-Box
3. movies that are not D-Box but only 3D
4. movies that are both D-Box and 3D supported
I think that the nicest solution would be to have 4 kind of covers (I don t want cases!)
1. a cover with no information on it (so only the movie cover).
2. a cover with a small D-Box logo (eg. in the corner)
3. a cover with a small 3D logo
4. a cover with both a small D-Box and 3D logo
User butchabay already helped me on my way with this by doing something with the MEDIA FLAGS.
At this moment I only have the D-Box logo working for my movies that are D-Box supported. I had to make this work by doing this:
1. Rename the logo http://i.imgur.com/47GOi.png
2. Put the logo in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq.4\media
3. Replace MediaFurniture.xml in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq.4\720p with this file https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2xPvwtDF2aMRTdEVHlUdnkxZkU
4. Rename all my D-Box supported movie folders from eg. Avatar to Avatar.dbox (I use one folder for each movie
5. Rescan my movies
So IF you guys cannot help me with the 'cover solution' I talked about maybe I can extend the 'media flags solution' that user batchabay made for me. Only thing is that I would need to change a few things which I don t know how to do this myself.
I can imagine that I will have 4 different movie folders in the end:
This D-Box logo I would like to use:
This 3D logo I would like to use:
IF you guys can help me with the 'cover solution' it would be great.
if you guys can help me with the 'media flags solution' I hope someone can make me a MediaFurniture.xml for my purpose. Also I would like to DISABLE all other media flags. So:
1. No media flags for a movie that is not D-Box and not 3D (for folder eg. C:\Movies\Avatar)
2. A D-box media flag for a movie that is D-Box but not 3D (for folder eg. C:\Movies\The Beach.dbox)
3. A 3D media flag for a movie that is 3D but not D-Box (for folder eg. C:\Movies\The Great Gatsby.3d)
4. Both the D-Box and 3D media flag for a movie that is 3D and D-Box (for folder eg. C:\Movies\WreckItRalph.dbox3d)
For the media flags solution I would also like (if it is possible):
1. for a movie that is D-Box but not 3D show the D-Box logo at the far left corner
2. for a movie that is 3D but not D-Box ALSO
show the D-Box logo at the far left corner (at the same place as 1!)
3. for a movie that is both 3D and D-Box show the D-Box logo at the far left corner and the 3D logo on the right next to it.
I hope it is a little bit understandable what I m looking for and if someone can help me with this.