or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › XBMC Media Center : Setup Guide, Knowlege Base & Support
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

XBMC Media Center : Setup Guide, Knowlege Base & Support - Page 103

post #3061 of 3139
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shftup View Post

Where do i get MQ5 from. I have his repository, but MQ5 was not in there for me to add as a skin

No problem, and MQ5 should be in the official xbmc.org repo

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174501
post #3062 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Slayer View Post

Are your movies in different folders on the server? Also, you should go ahead an update to MQ5. Stable at this point and lighter weight

If your movies are in different folders, you could easily do this in MQs skins . . .

As someone who's using MQ4, you probably already know how to add multiple sources into the default "Movies" category under sources


What you want to do instead, is create a source for each folder. - i.e. add //path/to/documentaries as it's own source, and tell it to scrape as videos. Then kids, etc. Each one separate, don't bundle them into the movies source.

As to the scraping, XBMC will scrape the nfo and look at TMDB if something is missing. If you have used MCM to scrape all your movies and generate nfos, then it won't be rescraping that info. It does, however, still take a while the first time because it is creating a videodb from all your nfos in the collections you add. Don't mistake this for re-writing your MCM data, which it's not (I use MCM as well)

Now, when you are in MQ5 go to settings -> edit main menu

For the main menu editor, you probably want to hide the default movies. Then go to one of the 7 custom menu entries. It will ask you what you would like to 'replace with' and you should choose a "Video Node" . . . here is a picture


When selecting your video node, go to Videos->Files->Documentaries. Documentaries, kids, etc will show up under files if you followed my instructions above. Then you can replace the backdrop (or use multiple rotating backdrops) as well. You'll also want to rename the menu item to match your collection

Then go to your next Custom menu item and repeat for all your folders


Ok, thanks again. I followed all the steps. Almost there. I was able to set up kids/documentaries/concerts...etc. But ...

In the main menu for MOVIES (i get my folder of movies, and documentaries) - I would to only 'see' my movie folder (not docs, as I used the movie scraper, I did not see a just a video one).
when i go to customize main menu, then go to Movies, and select video node and pick just the folder - I get only my movies, which is good. But from the main menu - I select Movies, I get the root, so when i select the movie 'top gun', i have to select it twice to see the scraper info.

For the TV shows - it seems that its only picking up 80% of the my shows
For the Kids Movies/Documentary - same as movies. I selected the video node - picked kids movies. but when i go to the main menu - kids movies - i have to select the folder twice before I see any scraper info.

folder paths:
Omega\Movies
Omega\TV
Omega\docs

etc


Thanks Again
S
Edited by shftup - 11/5/13 at 10:08pm
post #3063 of 3139
Thread Starter 
Meant to mention this since it isn't straightforward

When selecting your video node you have to go all the way into the path then select OK

If you stop at the path containing movies, documentaries, kids and move the cursor it won't matter where the cursor is. It's choosing the parent directory of whatever you are browsing, so when choosing the kids video node don't select OK until you are scrolling through the titles of the kids movies
post #3064 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Slayer View Post

Meant to mention this since it isn't straightforward

When selecting your video node you have to go all the way into the path then select OK

If you stop at the path containing movies, documentaries, kids and move the cursor it won't matter where the cursor is. It's choosing the parent directory of whatever you are browsing, so when choosing the kids video node don't select OK until you are scrolling through the titles of the kids movies

Ahh ok. I did it the wrong way then. I will re attempt tonight. I totally moved the cursor. I will scroll through as noted. Pretty weird that you have it do like that?

Thanks
post #3065 of 3139
Thread Starter 
I agree that it's odd behavior, but I can guarantee it works if you follow the weird behavior
post #3066 of 3139
I tried the noted steps, but still have the same issue. I assume i am doing something incorrectly.

Example - In the movies main menu, I get items that are from (movies, docs, kids movies)

I went back, I removed all sources and started from there. I re selected my source folder, for each type (Movies, Tv, docs, kids movies, concerts) and did not use the mouse. XBMC re-created the video DB.



After all that was completed, I went back to the main menu and as noted movies shows more than movies and for some reason in TV shows I am still missing a few series.


The nodes (docs, kids movies, etc) are setup, but again i have to double select them to get the actual video file.

Thanks again for trouble shooting with me
Edited by shftup - 11/7/13 at 8:21am
post #3067 of 3139
Getting weird Laggy video on my 480p dvd rips. I am running a Aeon Nox.

When I restart XBMC everything is fine but over a course of a couple a days I notice a Stutter. Ram usage is really high for no reason. Could this be a issue with the Aeon Nox Skin.

Thanks.
post #3068 of 3139
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shftup View Post

I tried the noted steps, but still have the same issue. I assume i am doing something incorrectly.

Example - In the movies main menu, I get items that are from (movies, docs, kids movies)

I went back, I removed all sources and started from there. I re selected my source folder, for each type (Movies, Tv, docs, kids movies, concerts) and did not use the mouse. XBMC re-created the video DB.



After all that was completed, I went back to the main menu and as noted movies shows more than movies and for some reason in TV shows I am still missing a few series.


The nodes (docs, kids movies, etc) are setup, but again i have to double select them to get the actual video file.

Thanks again for trouble shooting with me

I gave you bad instructions. The different sources are just files lists, and adding them to the main menu creates a files shortcut rather than a video node

The way to do this correctly is to start by going to C:\Users\YourUsername\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\System\Library and copy the "video" and "video_flat" folders to your XBMC userdata folder in C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\library

My install already had the library folder under userdata, but if yours doesn't you'll need to create it.

Then you'll need to add a Custom.xml for each node in one of the copied folders. Using the video folder is just fine. The easiest way to create the xml files is just to copy one of the existing .xml files there and rename it. Then right click and select "edit"

Here's what should probably be your kids.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="10" type="filter">
 <label>(Custom) Kids</label>
 <path>videodb://1/1/1</path>
 <content>movies</content>
 <match>all</match>
 <rule field="path" operator="contains">//Omega/Kids</rule>
</node>

Also, note that the "contains" portion has to use // instead of the normal windows explorer \\ for paths.

Here is a link to a list of the existing videodb paths

For your custom nodes you can just use videodb://1/1/1 and keep going sequentially 1/1/2, 1/1/3, etc. Using the existing ones like 1/1, 1/2, 1/3, etc will replace the nodes in the link above.
post #3069 of 3139
Thread Starter 
One other thing, I'd continue to use "custom" in the title and label to make it easy to differentiate. You can still rename the "Main Menu" entry to whatever you like.

Also . . . I would just create a "Custom Movies" xml and add it just like all the others. Then hide the default "Movies/Videos" entries from the main menu
post #3070 of 3139
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by space2001 View Post

Getting weird Laggy video on my 480p dvd rips. I am running a Aeon Nox.

When I restart XBMC everything is fine but over a course of a couple a days I notice a Stutter. Ram usage is really high for no reason. Could this be a issue with the Aeon Nox Skin.

Thanks.
Perhaps. I've switched to mq5 currently. I leave XBMC running 24/7 on my server, but I've had to restart XBMC (back when running Nox) probably 4-5 times this year (outside of monthly automatic update restarts)
post #3071 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Slayer View Post

Perhaps. I've switched to mq5 currently. I leave XBMC running 24/7 on my server, but I've had to restart XBMC (back when running Nox) probably 4-5 times this year (outside of monthly automatic update restarts)
The only problem I have seen is... When I pause a movie and then come back way later like maybe a hour or more, it doesn't always want to start playing again without escaping to the list and hitting the movie again to play.
post #3072 of 3139
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post

The only problem I have seen is... When I pause a movie and then come back way later like maybe a hour or more, it doesn't always want to start playing again without escaping to the list and hitting the movie again to play.
I see. . . you know this is unnecessary right? If you just hit stop it will record your resume point. "Resume" rather than play will start in that location, but even "play" should prompt a "Play from #:## or Play from beginning" dialog.

Since we have multiple instances of XBMC sharing a mysql database I've had to hound my wife about using the "stop" button in all cases. The only incentive I had to offer was that when she moves rooms, the resume point is saved unless it is still paused in the other room wink.gif
post #3073 of 3139
I will start doing it that way too.
post #3074 of 3139
New movies do not show up on playlists. Even after I did a library clean up.

Any suggestions? I am running Frodo btw.

Thanks
post #3075 of 3139
I'm having a HTPC being build so I decided to down load BXMC on my new PC so I can get familiar with the look in the mean time , get a feel of the site what it has to offer without configuring any formats. ( I just have music on this laptop at the moment)

The new laptop has window 8 which is all new to me as well ( WTF confused.gif) , I was wondering after down loading the site, how or rather when I log off the bxmc site I notice there wasn't a shortcut to the site on my LT. Do you leaving it open indefinitely, or is it some weird Window 8 bug.


Edit: Never mind I see it now.

Thanks


Djoel
Edited by Djoel - 11/10/13 at 8:32am
post #3076 of 3139
Guys,

We have a preview release of an XBMC client for Media Browser in testing. Please consider trying it out and reporting feedback:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178180
post #3077 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokarz View Post

New movies do not show up on playlists. Even after I did a library clean up.

Any suggestions? I am running Frodo btw.

Thanks

I have a similar issue. Media is missing from my Library (Movies and Music) over time. The HTPC with XBMC is typically powered off and only turned on when used to watch a movie or play music (its super fast dedicated Intel NUC i5). The sources are on a Synology DS1813+ connected over gigabit LAN and LACP/LAG is configured. I am forced to scan sources to detect the media that disappears. The scan sources will sometimes result in different media counts for the libraries. Media is also inconsistently added with scan source. I was able to get all but on Movie scanned and had to manually refresh for it to be added to the Movies Library. The music is at a loss for now, only a few hundred songs out of a 1000+ show up reliably. After time the music will drop to 50 below in the Library. Scanning the source temporarily returns the library count. The media always visible in File view. I use an XBMC Auto Update Add-on to keep the collection somewhat up to date.

Any suggestions?
post #3078 of 3139
having issues with some files playing very slowly and muted(not studdering but almost like playing at .75x normal), tried with VLC and everything is fine. did a re-install of 12.3 and problem is still there is this a common bug?
post #3079 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarm87 View Post

having issues with some files playing very slowly and muted(not studdering but almost like playing at .75x normal), tried with VLC and everything is fine. did a re-install of 12.3 and problem is still there is this a common bug?

i have this issue sometimes too. mpc will play it fine. xbmc will be fine after a reboot too. dont know why this happens.
post #3080 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarm87 View Post

having issues with some files playing very slowly and muted(not studdering but almost like playing at .75x normal), tried with VLC and everything is fine. did a re-install of 12.3 and problem is still there is this a common bug?

Check this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911
post #3081 of 3139
I just built my first HTCP and loaded up a fresh copy of win 7 and XBMC. Super pumped. FIrst big question.
How do i switch the display from my computer monitor to the tv?
I want to load up the movie and tinker with settings on the computer monitor but i cant figure out how to send it to my tv?
And how does XBMC know how to change the settings from my monitors resolution to my tvs? (1080 full screen)??

Im reading through the XBMC wikki but the AVS people have always been good to me. THanks for the help.
post #3082 of 3139
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by octapuss View Post

How do i switch the display from my computer monitor to the tv?
I want to load up the movie and tinker with settings on the computer monitor but i cant figure out how to send it to my tv?
And how does XBMC know how to change the settings from my monitors resolution to my tvs? (1080 full screen)??
  1. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Settings/System#Video_output. Settings->System->Video Output (start toggling display mode, should go through all available screens)
  2. Yes it will keep resolutions between full screen modes (1600x1200 #1 vs 1920x1080 #2) but it always asks "would you like to keep this resolution" after switching displays and you have to hit Enter (OK) for yes
post #3083 of 3139
I'm a new user of XBMC - using this on a dedicated HTPC running WIN 8.1. I'm struggling with how to best organize box sets or multi-disc collections. Most of my blu-rays and dvd's are ripped as ISO's as I prefer to include the additional features included with many movies.

I'm looking for advice on the best way to organize these iso's so that XBMC can run them correctly.

For example, my blu-ray rip of "Apocalypse Now - Full Disclosure". This collection contains the following:

Disc One: "Apocalypse Now" and "Apocalypse Now Redux"
Disc Two: Various extras, video interviews, etc
Disc Three: "Hearts of Darkness" - the making of the Apocalypse Now, plus additional features.

I've ripped all 3 discs as iso's into one folder:

Apocalypse Now (1979) [1080p BluRay] [Action-Adventure] [R]

Each ISO is labelled:

Apocalypse Now (1979) [1080p BluRay] [Action-Adventure] [R]part1
Apocalypse Now (1979) [1080p BluRay] [Action-Adventure] [R]part2
Apocalypse Now (1979) [1080p BluRay] [Action-Adventure] [R]part3

When I fire up XBMC, I see 3 separate Apocalypse Now folders with the same artwork. On two of the folders, I see the file pointing to part1 and part2 iso's. The 3rd folder shows the file location starting with "stack:/ .../ .../"

Am I setting this up correctly? Should I be storing each ISO into it's own sub-folder? My preference would be to retain the structure of the blu-ray collection. The original blu-ray menu on Disc One allows you to pick "Apocalypse Now" or "Apocalypse Now Redux" but I can't seem to do this via XBMC.

Anyway, I'm hoping that someone can suggest a better way to organize this so that my collection is properly displayed.

Thanks,
Herb...
post #3084 of 3139
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbg View Post

Am I setting this up correctly? Should I be storing each ISO into it's own sub-folder? My preference would be to retain the structure of the blu-ray collection. The original blu-ray menu on Disc One allows you to pick "Apocalypse Now" or "Apocalypse Now Redux" but I can't seem to do this via XBMC.

Anyway, I'm hoping that someone can suggest a better way to organize this so that my collection is properly displayed.

Thanks,
Herb...

I have the 2 disc LOTR extended editions in a single folder per title, just as you described with part1, part2 sitting in the same folder. The "stack:/filepath.to.part1/filepath.to.part2" portion was created automatically for me. It plays part 1 then part 2 without any skipping in between. It also will show the play time as the combination of all parts in the stack. I'm not sure how this will work on iso rips. They really aren't supported with full menus with some rare exceptions and primarily serve to get a main title playing. With the stack structure you could go to the playtime where the first movie ends to start the second. No truly elegant options I can think of exist for what you may be attempting. TMT or PDVD may be preferable. When XBMC says it can play iso, it was kind of like the other iso compatible players that exist like mpc-hc and vlc, where you could get some funky speedmenus (that don't usually work for extras) or play the main title but XBMC had the nicety that no mounting or virtual clone drive nonsense was necessary
post #3085 of 3139
What are people doing to get simultaneous HDMI and analog audio at the same time?

B.
post #3086 of 3139
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcut3d View Post

I have a similar issue. Media is missing from my Library (Movies and Music) over time. The HTPC with XBMC is typically powered off and only turned on when used to watch a movie or play music (its super fast dedicated Intel NUC i5). The sources are on a Synology DS1813+ connected over gigabit LAN and LACP/LAG is configured. I am forced to scan sources to detect the media that disappears. The scan sources will sometimes result in different media counts for the libraries. Media is also inconsistently added with scan source. I was able to get all but on Movie scanned and had to manually refresh for it to be added to the Movies Library. The music is at a loss for now, only a few hundred songs out of a 1000+ show up reliably. After time the music will drop to 50 below in the Library. Scanning the source temporarily returns the library count. The media always visible in File view. I use an XBMC Auto Update Add-on to keep the collection somewhat up to date.

Any suggestions?

The movies have been resolved with the latest scan to library. Unfortunately, music continues to disappear. The folder structure is iTunes managed. Should I use a different structure? Can I use MCM to organize so the music is found?

Lastly, I can't seem to get Airplay working on XBMC.
post #3087 of 3139
Okay, Airplay is working fine now. Just rescanned the Music file and disabled auto scan to see if that is causing the songs to disappear.
post #3088 of 3139
Is there a way for XBMC to recognize a trailers folder? Currently, trailers are stored in folder called "trailers" in each movie folder. I prefer this way over the "movie-trailers.mkv" in the movie folder method since for some movies I have many trailers.
post #3089 of 3139
AFAIK XBMC stores a link to a local file or URL in the video database for the "trailer". Don't have any experience, but I think the addon Cinema Experience can play from a folder of trailers, though I think you need skin support for this.

scott s.
.
post #3090 of 3139
Hey guys, I went from Frodo 12.0 to Frodo 12.3 last night and I have some troubles playing my movies.

Some movies play smoothly, normal. And some movies play really slow. I mean like 1000x slow motion.

I didn't have this issue with Frodo 12.0. I am thinking there is probably some settings that I need to disable/enable?

Thanks,
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Computers
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › XBMC Media Center : Setup Guide, Knowlege Base & Support