Originally Posted by thingslost
I looked at audiogon.com, and honestly, none of them look so good. Probably because they are not professional pictures and they are not new speakers. I'm sure the actual speakers are wonderful.
That's why I suggested you look at the actual sales ads there, not the classifieds.
However, I'm really just looking for simple suggestions that fit three guidelines (in no particular order):
1) Must have an impressive reputation.
2) Must have good sound quality.
3) Must not look as if manufactured by Fisher Price (<-- this is a joke... kind of).
I guess I should find it refreshing, or perhaps be impressed, that someone would be so open about their own vanity?
Such is life..
1. Have you seen any speakers, at any if the links provided thus far, that have the right look? If so, which ones?
2. How many speakers do you actually need, and how many of each type (floorstanding, on stands, on shelves, on-wall, in-wall, etc)