or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Tech Talk › 3DXL issue with DLP-Link Glasses
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

3DXL issue with DLP-Link Glasses - Page 2

post #31 of 311
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNnDENVER View Post

Quite a few of us on here are using the 3D Vision system with DLP-Link glasses and their 120hz 3D, 720p DLP projectors, so it's not just me.

You can confirm it by playing a movie that has side by side configuration and contains left image with text "left image" and right image with text "right image".
By pausing the movie you can look trough your DLP-Link shutters glasses with right eye closed and see if the image says "left eye" Then do the pay /pause sequence several times and see if you always get "left image" text when your right eye is closed.
If you do not know how to create such movie then please let me know and I will create one for you and post a link to it.

Mathew Orman
post #32 of 311
The 3D vision has such a test and the DLP link has always been correct on it.
post #33 of 311
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNnDENVER View Post

The 3D vision has such a test and the DLP link has always been correct on it.

What is the movie called?
Because I do have 3D Vision and did not see such.

Mathew Orman
post #34 of 311
I am really confused by this, what does manually adjusting the eye thing mean? also we have one person who says they called the 1800 number and got this info and another who says he called and they disputed it. confusion? yes.
post #35 of 311
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart628 View Post

I am really confused by this, what does manually adjusting the eye thing mean? also we have one person who says they called the 1800 number and got this info and another who says he called and they disputed it. confusion? yes.

It means the every time your depth gets reversed you need to either press buttons on DLP-Link projector or pause or restart the movie as many times as it takes to get correct depth and not pseudo.

Where did you see a post stating that OPTOMA has disputed
my statements?

Mathew Orman
post #36 of 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNnDENVER View Post

I did and they disputed your claim.

right here.
post #37 of 311
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNnDENVER View Post

I did and they disputed your claim.


Did they give you an explanation how DLP-Link gets correct eye phase?
Was it general support or did you ask for 3D application engineer?

Mathew Orman
post #38 of 311
I just called and spoke to tech support and they said nothing is final, but that they have no sync problems as far as what you are saying and that really NOTHING is final as its not really a "true" product (meaning they arent out yet) he said they are planning to release them late january is the word around the company.
post #39 of 311
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart628 View Post

I just called and spoke to tech support and they said nothing is final, but that they have no sync problems as far as what you are saying and that really NOTHING is final as its not really a "true" product (meaning they arent out yet) he said they are planning to release them late january is the word around the company.

You've asked a wrong question.

I've just emailed OPTOMA support and here is the automatic reply:

----------------------------------------------------------
Dear Customer,

Your inquiry has been received. Our customer representative will reply within 24-48 hours. If your question is more urgent or you would like to follow-up, please call us at 888-887-5001 during normal weekday business hours.

Best Regards,
Optoma Support Team
------------------------------------------------
E-mail:mathew_orman@yahoo.com
First Name:Mathew
Last Name:Orman
Phone Number:
Address:xx Xxxxx Drive
City:Nashua
State:NH
Zip:030xx
Country:USA
Product Model NumberLP-Link projector
Product Serial Number:none
Purchased Date:none
Problems:The DLP-Link has no sync with 3D content and one must manually set the correct eye order every time movie starts, movie is paused or if there is a glitch. What is the problem and how can I correct it. Please advice. Sincerely, Mathew Orman


----------------------------------------------------------

Mathew Orman
post #40 of 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by icester View Post

You've asked a wrong question.

I've just emailed OPTOMA suppoer and here is the automatic reply:

----------------------------------------------------------
Dear Customer,

Your inquiry has been received. Our customer representative will reply within 24-48 hours. If your question is more urgent or you would like to follow-up, please call us at 888-887-5001 during normal weekday business hours.

Best Regards,
Optoma Support Team
------------------------------------------------
E-mail:mathew_orman@yahoo.com
First Name:Mathew
Last Name:Orman
Phone Number:
Address:xx Xxxxx Drive
City:Nashua
State:NH
Zip:030xx
Country:USA
Product Model NumberLP-Link projector
Product Serial Number:none
Purchased Date:none
Problems:The DLP-Link has no sync with 3D content and one must manually set the correct eye order every time movie starts, movie is paused or if there is a glitch. What is the problem and how can I correct it. Please advice. Sincerely, Mathew Orman


----------------------------------------------------------

Mathew Orman


I told them I was getting ready to preorder the 3d-xl but I read this and am having second thoughts, I then read exactly what you wrote...the guy understood it as he knew exactly what you were talking about and proceeded to answer the question.
post #41 of 311
Thread Starter 
For 3D-XL to work on all existing DLP-Link projectors there must be an optical feedback from the lens output in order to
decode the white flash sync and feed it back to 3D-XL circuit
where it can be used to set correct eye phase on the 120 Hz frame sequential output.
It would be a simple glass plate in front of the lens and fiber-optic cable that connects to optical input on OPTOMAS 3D-XL box.

But if they have already manufactured the boxes then they will have to recall it if they get sold.

Another problem they should correct is lack of hand-shake connection between two 3D-XL boxes for use with dual projectors. With out hand-shake the 24 Hz pull-down process will make the output out of sync thus useless for playing Blu-ray movies in full HD 3D.


Mathew Orman
post #42 of 311
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart628 View Post

I told them I was getting ready to preorder the 3d-xl but I read this and am having second thoughts, I then read exactly what you wrote...the guy understood it as he knew exactly what you were talking about and proceeded to answer the question.

The answer you are looking for:
Did he tell you how the DLP-Link gets the eye phase sync from PC for use with DLP-Link LC shutter glasses?

Or did they tell you that you must also have 3D Vision kit
and use nVidia's glasses?

Mathew Orman
post #43 of 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by icester View Post

The answer you are looking for:
Did he tell you how the DLP-Link gets the eye phase sync from PC for use with DLP-Link LC shutter glasses?

Or did they tell you that you must also have 3D Vision kit
and use nVidia's glasses?

Mathew Orman

What PC?

There is NO PC listed on that Optoma/Europe site which has the specs for the 3D-XL. They list compatible devices as:

3D BD SAL Players
PS3 - 3D games
Sky 3D STB

Here in the USA it would be CBL/SAT/TELCO 3D STBs instead of the UK's Sky SAT 3D STB.
post #44 of 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by icester View Post

What is the movie called?
Because I do have 3D Vision and did not see such.

Mathew Orman

No movie.. It's the 3D test built into the setup. It can be re-run though.
post #45 of 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by icester View Post

Did they give you an explanation how DLP-Link gets correct eye phase?
Was it general support or did you ask for 3D application engineer?

Mathew Orman

General support. You did not tell me to ask for a 3D application engineer.

I worded it as, are there any known issues with the 3D-Xl and using DLP link glasses. He stated several varous sources / content that will be compatible and that DLP link glasses are going to be bundled with it.
post #46 of 311
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

What PC?

There is NO PC listed on that Optoma/Europe site which has the specs for the 3D-XL. They list compatible devices as:

3D BD SAL Players
PS3 - 3D games
Sky 3D STB

Here in the USA it would be CBL/SAT/TELCO 3D STBs instead of the UK's Sky SAT 3D STB.

Please read the posts more carefully.
At this point the question was about DLP-Link projectors and not about 3D-XL box.

Mathew Orman
post #47 of 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by icester View Post

For 3D-XL to work on all existing DLP-Link projectors there must be an optical feedback from the lens output in order to
decode the white flash sync and feed it back to 3D-XL circuit
where it can be used to set correct eye phase on the 120 Hz frame sequential output.
It would be a simple glass plate in front of the lens and fiber-optic cable that connects to optical input on OPTOMAS 3D-XL box.

But if they have already manufactured the boxes then they will have to recall it if they get sold.

Another problem they should correct is lack of hand-shake connection between two 3D-XL boxes for use with dual projectors. With out hand-shake the 24 Hz pull-down process will make the output out of sync thus useless for playing Blu-ray movies in full HD 3D.


Mathew Orman

With passive 3D the two images can be pretty far off before any notice-able issues arise.
post #48 of 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by icester View Post

The answer you are looking for:
Did he tell you how the DLP-Link gets the eye phase sync from PC for use with DLP-Link LC shutter glasses?

Or did they tell you that you must also have 3D Vision kit
and use nVidia's glasses?

Mathew Orman

I have googled and googled at this point. I think you are totally over blowing what ever issue there may be. How does the Mistu's do it on their adapter? People are also using DLP link on those systems with no issues as well?
post #49 of 311
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNnDENVER View Post

No movie.. It's the 3D test built into the setup. It can be re-run though.

Than you need to run it and stop it several times and see if
if you get the correct eye image at all times.

Also please not that that test will not output 120 Hz frame sequential images unless you have installed 3D Vision Kit.
Also you need to cover nVidia's IR transmitter during the tests so there is no possibility of DLP-Link Glasses picking up the nVidia IR sync signal.
Remember the test must be done with DLP-Link glasses only.


Mathew Orman
post #50 of 311
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNnDENVER View Post

I have googled and googled at this point. I think you are totally over blowing what ever issue there may be. How does the Mistu's do it on their adapter? People are also using DLP link on those systems with no issues as well?

It works fine on Mitsus becasue they are checker board half resolution systems.

Cheek the 3dtv yahoo group.
Or contact lab expert: stereoskopie@wbloos.de
he specializes in 3D projection systems:
http://www.digi-dat.de/produkte/index.html


Mathew Orman
post #51 of 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by icester View Post

Than you need to run it and stop it several times and see if
if you get the correct eye image at all times.

Also please not that that test will not output 120 Hz frame sequential images unless you have installed 3D Vision Kit.
Also you need to cover nVidia's IR transmitter during the tests so there is no possibility of DLP-Link Glasses picking up the nVidia IR sync signal.
Remember the test must be done with DLP-Link glasses only.


Mathew Orman

You mean DLP-LINK glasses can use the IR emitter from 3D Vision? That is not correct. I am not having this issue you speak of period. I mean, I have paused quite a few times during screenings and not had issues.
post #52 of 311
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNnDENVER View Post

You mean DLP-LINK glasses can use the IR emitter from 3D Vision? That is not correct. I am not having this issue you speak of period. I mean, I have paused quite a few times during screenings and not had issues.

You need to do the test as I have specified.

I did not say that DLP-Link glasses use the IR sync.

Quote from previous message: "no possibility of DLP-Link Glasses picking up the nVidia IR sync signal."

Mathew Orman
post #53 of 311
So if I have the issue what do I see wrong?

If there is a possibility of the glasses picking up the IR sync, then it must be able to use it in some way.

I have tested all this enough through normal use. I sure wish you could link to one credible source backing up your claim.
post #54 of 311
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNnDENVER View Post

So if I have the issue what do I see wrong?

If there is a possibility of the glasses picking up the IR sync, then it must be able to use it in some way.

I have tested all this enough through normal use. I sure wish you could link to one credible source backing up your claim.

I am just asking you to do the test, please.
If there is an issue you will get wrong eye image 50% at all times. So sometimes it will be wrong and sometimes right and the rate is random 50%.

Mathew Orman
post #55 of 311
"If there is an issue you will get wrong eye image 50% at all times. So sometimes it will be wrong and sometimes right and the rate is random 50%." This does not tell me what I will see wrong to my eyes.

"

You can confirm it by playing a movie that has side by side configuration and contains left image with text "left image" and right image with text "right image".
By pausing the movie you can look trough your DLP-Link shutters glasses with right eye closed and see if the image says "left eye" Then do the pay /pause sequence several times and see if you always get "left image" text when your right eye is closed.
If you do not know how to create such movie then please let me know and I will create one for you and post a link to it."

So what do I see if it's wrong?
post #56 of 311
At this point, I must admit, I don't trust any possibly rigged test you may generate.

The 3D vision test always matches the 3D vision setup even when using DLP link glasses.
post #57 of 311
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNnDENVER View Post

At this point, I must admit, I don't trust any possibly rigged test you may generate.

The 3D vision test always matches the 3D vision setup even when using DLP link glasses.

Did you do the test as I specified?

Mathew Orman
post #58 of 311
Thread Starter 
Peter Wimmer the creator of the famous Stereoscopic Player
which nVidia has licensed from him has just posted a confirmation that DLP-Link has no eye phase sync and there is a 50% chance of being correct.

See the latest post on 3dtv at yahoo groups.

Mathew Orman
post #59 of 311
I used the xpand x102 glasses with my hd66 and never had any issues.
I used stereoscopic for years, so I know when is reversed or not.
It is plain stupid to release a product to be used with what you just want to avoid (a PC) by buying it...
So, you get the effing box to use your PJ with a PS3, but you can't use dlp link glasses... then HOW you link ANY glasses without ANY kind of signal?

Anyway, I'm more than happy using my pc to display 3d content, no need to spend Us500 to play asteroids 3d on ps3.
post #60 of 311
Thread Starter 
Here is the text in case you cannot access 3dtv:

----------------------------------------------------
Hi,

Here is what I know about DLP-Link:

* There is no L/R signal on the VGA/DVI cable.
* There is a L/R signal between the projector and the glasses.

This means, if a projector would support blue line code or a similar technology,
it could provide the glasses with correct L/R information, assuming the
application sends such codes. To my knowledge, there are no such projectors yet,
so you have 50% change that L/R is reversed. In the Stereoscopic Player you can
fix this by pressing the F7 key (swaps L/R).

Btw, if you cannot find the Blue Line Code option in the Stereoscopic Player:
The player doesn't support it anymore because of patent issues.

Peter

---------------------------------------------------


Mathew Orman
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Tech Talk
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Tech Talk › 3DXL issue with DLP-Link Glasses