or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Tech Talk › 3DXL issue with DLP-Link Glasses
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

3DXL issue with DLP-Link Glasses - Page 11

post #301 of 311
So, a recent reviewer dogged the PQ some, what are your thoughts so far?
post #302 of 311
PQ looks great to me, I bump the brightness up a bit in 3d mode and it looks great. Watching 3D on big screen is a much more immersive experience than watching on a 3D tv.
post #303 of 311
I think it's his imagination. PQ shouldn't be impacted in the slightest. If the source is 720p frame packed, the box simply takes the images, splits them, and sends them sequentially. If one single pixel on either frame is not exactly what it was at the source, somebody (optoma) done goof'd.
post #304 of 311
Somewhat valid still as I'd bank most people are sending 1080p frame packed from a 3D BD player to the device.
post #305 of 311
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOPY View Post

PQ looks great to me, I bump the brightness up a bit in 3d mode and it looks great. Watching 3D on big screen is a much more immersive experience than watching on a 3D tv.

That only depends on the 3D content's geometry and not on screen size.
But in your case it is better becasue you probably watch cinema screen content which is much closer on your screen comparing to TV screen.

On the other hand with spacial stereoscope glasses I can perceive an IMAX size screen on my 22 inch desktop monitor.

Mathew Orman
post #306 of 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNnDENVER View Post

Somewhat valid still as I'd bank most people are sending 1080p frame packed from a 3D BD player to the device.

i am not sure how it works in my setup, i have an oppo bdp93 and the resolution is set to auto and it shows up as 1080p/24 on the projector untill the movie starts and it changes to 720p/120. If i try forcing a resoloution say 1080p or 720p i could not get 3d to work from the oppo. The only way it would work was by setting the oppo to auto.
post #307 of 311
I have a 3d-xl and an optoma 3d ready projector a little like the GT720 gaming projector.
I'm very impressed with it especially with Gran Tursismo which due to its detailed textures and ingame adjust-abilities make it in my opinion the best 3d game (I've tried the Fight and Motostorm(poor textures compared).

The whole issue that Icester brought to light is somewhat an exaggeration to most who can tell pretty instantly what a pseudo-stereo image (wrong image to each eye) looks like then press a button.

The 3d-xl only re-synchs with the projector at the start of a game or at the start of a movie or avi etc. I've not seen any switch during the above.

I do have issues noticing the difference at times and it can give me a headache finding the correct synch particularly in the Fight. I must thank him for his L/R file which is useful if playing an AV from the ps3 HD.

I have the DLP link glasses which came with the 3d-xl, but am interested if anyone has tried an IR emitter with the 3d-xl in its actual output socket and whether the 3d-xl fixes the pseudo-stereo issue when this is used.

If it does fix the issue what would be the best IR transmitter and glasses option where the IR transmitter will not be interfered with by the DLP link for the 1 set of glasses I already have.
post #308 of 311
Since the 3DXL knows which frame is the left eye frame and which frame is the right frame I am surprised that it did not dawn on them to always send the left(or right) eye frame first when sending 720p frame sequential content.
post #309 of 311
Nice 1st post here jonboyo. Welcome to the fourms.

As the word on these comes in from early owners I get more and more encouraged.

I had a looooooong weekend with 3D this weekend. So long in fact I do find my vision a little whacky today. I think I figured out this morning that I watched the equivelent of like 12 movies.

I find the 3D content from Direct TV to be pretty good. The quality of 3D HD movies are way better than I expected. If / when they add the ESPN 24/7 3D feed, it should be good for a while.

They offer PPV 1st run films, a different one every day.
post #310 of 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboyo View Post

I have a 3d-xl and an optoma 3d ready projector a little like the GT720 gaming projector.
I'm very impressed with it especially with Gran Tursismo which due to its detailed textures and ingame adjust-abilities make it in my opinion the best 3d game (I've tried the Fight and Motostorm(poor textures compared).

The whole issue that Icester brought to light is somewhat an exaggeration to most who can tell pretty instantly what a pseudo-stereo image (wrong image to each eye) looks like then press a button.

The 3d-xl only re-synchs with the projector at the start of a game or at the start of a movie or avi etc. I've not seen any switch during the above.

I do have issues noticing the difference at times and it can give me a headache finding the correct synch particularly in the Fight. I must thank him for his L/R file which is useful if playing an AV from the ps3 HD.

I have the DLP link glasses which came with the 3d-xl, but am interested if anyone has tried an IR emitter with the 3d-xl in its actual output socket and whether the 3d-xl fixes the pseudo-stereo issue when this is used.

If it does fix the issue what would be the best IR transmitter and glasses option where the IR transmitter will not be interfered with by the DLP link for the 1 set of glasses I already have.

Great news Jonboy - Have you tried Blu-Ray movies through your 3DXL yet? We need to hear more news about the image quality (resolution, etc.) coming from 3D Bluu-Ray to the 3DXL and 2D pass through.
post #311 of 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by icester View Post

On the other hand with spacial stereoscope glasses I can perceive an IMAX size screen on my 22 inch desktop monitor.

Mathew Orman

ya by having your eyes like 5 inches away from the screen LOL
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Tech Talk
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Tech Talk › 3DXL issue with DLP-Link Glasses