Originally Posted by TheTonik
Do you guys think that some people are more susceptible to crosstalk than others? Because I have seen a TON of it on every single 3D test I have tried out. Black Ops, Open Season, Gran Turismo, Alice In Wonderland, Super Stardust, A Christmas Carole - all of it. And not just a little bit either, Im talking enough to really bother me. This was using the Xpand glasses, so I went ahead and ordered some JVC glasses that are scheduled to arrive tomorrow to see if that helps. I just dont get how Sam and others have reported no crosstalk when I cant seem to get away from it....
The issue of ghosting, and all the possible sources or combination of sources, is not yet clear to me. I couldn't get away from ghosting on the 90es, but have had great success with minimal ghosting on the RS50 with 4 3D BR titles. Then I saw quite a bit on the PS3 3D game Motorstorm Racing or some such nonsense (my son was playing it). Didn't notice very much with COD also on the PS3, though it's a much darker title so perhaps the ghosting was well hidden. literally, in the shadows.
- is the quality of ghosting literally a shot by shot control issue, where in-camera optics, or post processing of the stereoscopic content, is a major factor?
- can a 3D player really have an affect on the ghosting?
- is 720 by its nature more susceptible to crosstalk as opposed to 1080?
- do polarized screen matter in terms of ghosting or just brightness?
- Is SbS or TnB more susceptible to ghosting than FP?
- does a projector "process" the 3D signal, or is it just passing through alternating L/R frames and firing the matching on/off signal to the shutter glasses?
- One would think the Sony would be better with a higher refresh rate, but perhaps the timings are too critical to get precise, and the practical application of the JVC's slower refresh ultimately is allowing better sync because the timing tolerances are a bit less than the Sony?
- and yes, lastly, does ghosting perception have a human component? Are some more susceptible than others to see it?
Many factors that we are all guessing on...