or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Official OPPO BDP-95 Anticipation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official OPPO BDP-95 Anticipation Thread - Page 34  

post #991 of 1008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSD_Germany View Post

What means FYI ?

For your information.
post #992 of 1008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSD_Germany View Post

What means FYI ?

For Your Information.

- Rich
post #993 of 1008
thx
post #994 of 1008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSD_Germany View Post

What means FYI ?

For Your Information
post #995 of 1008
Would the BD-95 be an upgrade over the Marantz BD8002? 5.1 analog is sent to a MC12 with A51 amp.
post #996 of 1008
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary cornell View Post

Would the BD-95 be an upgrade over the Marantz BD8002? 5.1 analog is sent to a MC12 with A51 amp.

should be according to the dealer near me, i also plan to upgrade from the BD8002 to the 95

should also have better audio then my SR8002
post #997 of 1008
I have a "dumb" question (I think) needing answering;
Will I be able to play and listen to CD's of all types on the Oppo 95 through my analog/digital sound system -just as if it were a regular CD player? I plan on using the 95 (or possibly 93) as a replacement for my current older Mac CD player as well as for all the other features(DVD, Blu Ray movies, 3D, decoding the new sound formats,etc.,etc.). I guess as a hybrid system. I will be running this through my Outlaw 950 prepro(no HDMI),but connect the HDMI directly to my new Panny 3D TV.

Thanks for input!
post #998 of 1008
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadmeister66 View Post

I have a "dumb" question (I think) needing answering;
Will I be able to play and listen to CD's of all types on the Oppo 95 through my analog/digital sound system -just as if it were a regular CD player? I plan on using the 95 (or possibly 93) as a replacement for my current older Mac CD player as well as for all the other features(DVD, Blu Ray movies, 3D, decoding the new sound formats,etc.,etc.). I guess as a hybrid system. I will be running this through my Outlaw 950 prepro(no HDMI),but connect the HDMI directly to my new Panny 3D TV.

Thanks for input!

Yes, All outputs on the 95 are active.

- Rich
post #999 of 1008
Does anybody know if when using a DLNA server (ie. streaming to the player via the network) if Apple Lossless Audio files are supported (.m4a) ?
post #1000 of 1008
Thread Starter 
ALAC is not supported. You will need to use a DLNA server such as Asset UPnP to transcode the file on the fly to another format such as WAV or PCM.
post #1001 of 1008
On the web ALTA DEFINICIÓN of Spain have published an interesting analysis
You can watch it here
post #1002 of 1008
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdig View Post

On the web ALTA DEFINICIÓN of Spain have published an interesting analysis
You can watch it here

Here's the link for Google's translation of that review into English:

http://translate.google.com/translat...is-review-test

--Bob
post #1003 of 1008
Just replaced my BDP-83, and the 95 works fine.
However, it refuses to play the Naxos BD-Audio discs.
You see the selection screen, and the || sign, press start or whatever, nothing happens and it returns to ||
My "old" BDP-83 plays these Naxuses fine!
Here's one that doesn't play anymore:
http://www.amazon.com/Dvorak-Symphon...4871061&sr=8-1
Here's one ( by 2L Norway) that plays in both players:
http://www.amazon.com/Divertimenti-B...4871154&sr=1-2

Anyone?
Had the BDP-95 do a LAN upgrade.
Is there a service center where one can enter problems?
post #1004 of 1008
Quote:
Originally Posted by barend View Post

Just replaced my BDP-83, and the 95 works fine.
However, it refuses to play the Naxos BD-Audio discs.
You see the selection screen, and the || sign, press start or whatever, nothing happens and it returns to ||
My "old" BDP-83 plays these Naxuses fine!
Here's one that doesn't play anymore:
http://www.amazon.com/Dvorak-Symphon...4871061&sr=8-1
Here's one ( by 2L Norway) that plays in both players:
http://www.amazon.com/Divertimenti-B...4871154&sr=1-2

Anyone?
Had the BDP-95 do a LAN upgrade.
Is there a service center where one can enter problems?


Why don't you email Oppo directly and report this? The 95 might need a firmware upgrade.
post #1005 of 1008
Quote:
Originally Posted by barend View Post

Just replaced my BDP-83, and the 95 works fine.
However, it refuses to play the Naxos BD-Audio discs.
You see the selection screen, and the || sign, press start or whatever, nothing happens and it returns to ||
My "old" BDP-83 plays these Naxuses fine!
Here's one that doesn't play anymore:
http://www.amazon.com/Dvorak-Symphon...4871061&sr=8-1
Here's one ( by 2L Norway) that plays in both players:
http://www.amazon.com/Divertimenti-B...4871154&sr=1-2

Anyone?
Had the BDP-95 do a LAN upgrade.
Is there a service center where one can enter problems?

There is newer Public Beta firmware available for the 95 that you might want to try:

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-b...-46-0428B.aspx

As a Beta release it is not available for network install. You need to download the install file and do a USB stick or burned-disc install.

Whether you decide to try the Public Beta or not, you should call or email Oppo tech support with the details on the discs giving you problems so that they can check them out.

Also, this thread is now obsolete. You should move over to the new BDP-95 "owner's" thread where you will find lots more folks posting and answering questions:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1311806
--Bob
post #1006 of 1008
barend,
I see you are posting from NL. If that means you actually have the European BDP-95EU player, you should be aware that the 0428B Public Beta firmware I mentioned above is not yet available for the European model players. It will appear on the Oppo UK site when it is available:

http://www.oppo-bluray.co.uk/custome...ices/firmware/

--Bob
post #1007 of 1008
I have a 83SE Nuforce... would it make sense to upgrade to a 95.

Or is the 93 Nuforce Extreme a better unit?

So many options, I dont know where to begin.

thanks for the help..
post #1008 of 1008
go to the Official OPPO BDP-95 Owner's Thread

This is the old thread

PS see this link
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players
This thread is locked  
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Official OPPO BDP-95 Anticipation Thread