Some more progress this weekend. Pulled most of the wire for the outlets remaining in the theater. I think I am going to run out of wire yet again. To date that will make 1500' of wire and counting. I will probably just need another 50' or so to complete the power bridge and final run to the breaker box for the last outlets.
I ordered a new network switch for basement and received it Friday. I decided to take a detour from wiring outlets and get the office upstairs and media room in the basement connected network/conduit wise. My plan was to create a network jack in my office that I can hook to the basement media room. My main workhorse desktop will continue to reside in the office and I will be keeping the cable modem and wireless router there also for the time being. I will run a cable from one of the upstairs router's switch jacks to the new switch in the basement that I will use for all the new networking that will exist in the new space. If I ever relocate the modem/router to the basement then I will use the new jack to get the networking back upstairs.
I saw where the coax cable entered the upstairs room from the basement and used that as a reference for drilling the hole from the basement to below the location of where the new jack will be. Thankfully I got it right the first time so everything is kept inside the walls.
The trickiest part of this whole job was getting the smurf tube connector into the bottom of the box after it was installed in the wall. I used a coat hanger to grab it through the hole and, with some help from down below, my wife pushed up the smurf tube and I guided it into the box and used some needle nosed pliers to pull up the connector until it snapped into place.
Then I got to try the shop vac method of sucking string through the smurf tube. It worked like a charm. I didn't end up needing the string after all though, it was easier to push the cat6 right through the conduit. It didn't have any ends yet so it went through pretty easy. But it is good to know the shop vac method works well!
I am waiting for a punch down tool now before I finish up this jack and setup the switch in the new media room.The new roughed in box with the smurf tube connector snapped into place and the Cat6 pulled throughThe cover plate that will be used with the keystone once I get the punch down tool and wire it upThe smurf tube runThe end of the lineAnd the new switch. I took it out and tested it to make sure it was all good.
Next up, will finish up this jack as well as the outlet wiring and power bridge before going full out on the rest of the conduit and low voltage wire/cable pulling.