Originally Posted by 49Merc
They certainly are environmentally conscience recyclers.
Well, during the world wars, scrap metal drives were big operations.
In this case, using our own scrap would prevent them from having to transport metals from another galaxy along with preventing the humans from getting ahold of stuff they can use to make weapons, armor, etc...
If I wanted to take over a planet, I would do the following:
- Take out mass communication infrastructure: satellites, transmission towers, etc.
- Take out large concentrations of military and leadership structure.
- Take over utilities infrastructure, such as electric, fuels and telecom.
- Take control of major manufacturers of metals, vehicles, food and technology devices.
- Destroy any large pockets of civilization that are not strategically important.
- Condense remaining populations into small centers where they can more easily be accounted for. Put them in the middle of vast wildernesses or deserts to ensure escape is less likely. In this situation, it's important to make these centers more comfortable than your typical work camp. If people are gathered with friends and family, have private quarters rather than large bunk houses and are well fed, they tend to be less likely to revolt on you since it's likely to be worse for them outside of that community. Also, providing incentives for those who perform tasks for your innitiatives with extra food and other comforts makes people more willing to compromise their virtues. Oppressing your enemy makes them more willing to fight back.Edited by NetworkTV - 7/15/12 at 7:35am