Originally Posted by Matt L
Are we watching the same show? How exactly did FS "improve"?
People still do the same dumb things, the plot wanders all over the place, we get "deus ex machina " when ever it's convenient for the writers. I really question why I still watch, but I did invest 20 hours and it's summer so I watch.
1) They gave the kid something to do, which fixed the same annoying aspect we encountered in The Walking Dead. This season actually started out very much like the change we saw in the Walking Dead opener with a much more mature person doing important work.
2) While it was a bit silly, they at least showed them insulating the engine compartments of vehicles to lower the heat signature. We still don't know why headlights aren't a problem, but I appreciate the attempt to at least be a bit more covert.
3) At one point, they started showing them making ammunition. They also found ways to kill the skitters without shooting them. They still fire way too much, though.
4) They actually killed the leadership of the bad aliens instead of standing off time and time again and allowing him/it to escape, like Revolution does every 3 episodes.
5) They developed plausible alliances with rebel aliens and (unlike with other alien shows) they found a decent way to allow them to not speak English. Sure, there's a representative of the new race that speaks English, but we don't know how long he's been studying us to have learned the language. Perhaps a bit of broken English might sell it a bit more, but maybe their race has a good aptitude for language.
6) They finally moved underground and stopped blazing lights and candles from windows.
Certainly there is still plenty they can improve, but there has been progress.