Quick shout of thanks to everyone in here. I had fun putting this all together.
Monoprice 50ft 12AWG CL2 Rated 2-Conductor Loud Speaker Cable
EBAY - Furryletters
3/8 BRAIDED EXPANDABLE SLEEVING CHECKERED FLAG TECHFLEX 25ft
Orange County Speaker
GLS Audio Wave Flex Banana Plug Speaker Connectors - 20 Pack
Speaker Wire Pants - 12 Gauge (Y boot)
-Like others have mentioned, practice first on a very short section.
- Have a lighter handy for the techflex, it frays like mad if not sealed off immediately
- Close your eyes when cutting the 12AWG. I almost had a tiny wire fly off in my eye when cutting down to size for the GLS
- Tape off the techflex to the cable, overlapping the black tape 1/2 on the techflex and 1/2 on the white sleeve. Don't worry about being too neat its hidden under the cable pants
- Don't start messing with the set screws from a height. They fly out and are impossible to find. Keep the GLS plug and wire close to a surface so the screw doesn't go missing if it pops out
- With the 12AWG, I first tired to double it over inside the GLS, but then the set screw wouldn't go all the way in ( which is needed to get the cover back on). Just 1/4" of bare wire is fine, you can eyeball where the wire is inside the GLS plug and it sets fine.
- Hardest part is getting the 12AWG end to line up with the end of the GLS plug.
- Also if you forget red and black, I just unscrewed the GLS and took a peek before inserting into my receiver
-The new GLS plugs are tight. I love them and they fit beyond snug in the speaker interface.
Looking forward to making some more and mixing up the colors!