or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Limitless

post #1 of 42
Thread Starter 
A "scifi" thriller starring Bradley Cooper, Abbie Cornish, and Robert DeNiro. Trailer below:

post #2 of 42
Excellent film guys...entertaining, exciting, brilliant, and really makes you think. Bradley cooper did an excellent job, a very convincing performance even matching the great De niro line for line. Finally an original and great film that isn't a formula, sequel or overly complicated like Inception.


Please help me out with this one:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And if anyone seen it can you tell me why that guy with scar who was after Eddy in the beginning but later in the end helped him out to get his stash back at the lawyer's place?
post #3 of 42
Im getting this out next week. Looks like a great film.
post #4 of 42
I'm not a fan of Cooper but the wife wants to watch. However, after Sucker Punch, I'm not opposed to watching Abby Cornish.
post #5 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post


Please help me out with this one:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And if anyone seen it can you tell me why that guy with scar who was after Eddy in the beginning but later in the end helped him out to get his stash back at the lawyer's place?

I thought it was because
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
the lawyer screwed Eddy and his deceased boss by trying to keep the pills for himself. He had no more loyalty to his boss so he helped Eddy out. I'm sure he was well compensated.
post #6 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmora View Post

i need nzt...

As do I
post #7 of 42
Having been around drug addicts before, I really can't recommend this movie. It's ending comes too close to condoning drug use...which in real life is quite scary!
post #8 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach View Post
Having been around drug addicts before, I really can't recommend this movie. It's ending comes too close to condoning drug use...which in real life is quite scary!
In the ending,

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
he has been off the drug, but it made permanent changes to his brain structure, so he is able to function at a much higher level than he could previously, without the drug -- but the alternate ending has him still on the drug, but believing that the drug will allow him to figure out a way to get off it and still function at that high level


I don't see this as condoning drug use in general. This is about the potential of a hypothetical smart drug.

Anyway, in contrast to the way you saw it, I thought the movie did a good job of portraying how psychotropic drugs, even those apart from illicit recreational use, come with harmful side effects. Even when there is a potential benefit, there can be, and often is, a terrible price to pay for it.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Look at what happened to Eddy's ex-wife, and she was a lucky one. Most of the other users Eddy could locate were dead or dying!


The come down/crash after the high was portrayed fairly realistically, as was the immediate impulse to seek a new high to combat the comedown. I have a hard time seeing that as condoning drug use, although I realize you did qualify your remark that it applied specifically to the ending, which did seem to rely on a deus ex machina to redeem our protagonist. If that is your objection to it, then I agree with you.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
He appeared to have overcome his addiction without any apparent struggle or sacrifice.
post #9 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post
Excellent film guys...entertaining, exciting, brilliant, and really makes you think. Bradley cooper did an excellent job, a very convincing performance even matching the great De niro line for line. Finally an original and great film that isn't a formula, sequel or overly complicated like Inception.


Please help me out with this one:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And if anyone seen it can you tell me why that guy with scar who was after Eddy in the beginning but later in the end helped him out to get his stash back at the lawyer's place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhan View Post
I thought it was because
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
the lawyer screwed Eddy and his deceased boss by trying to keep the pills for himself. He had no more loyalty to his boss so he helped Eddy out. I'm sure he was well compensated.
That was what I thought, too.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The guy who came after Eddie did it on a contract basis for the lawyer who later betrayed him. After the lawyer double crossed the hit man, the guy had no further motivation to come after Eddie.
post #10 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach View Post
I'm not a fan of Cooper but the wife wants to watch. However, after Sucker Punch, I'm not opposed to watching Abby Cornish.
She is very beautiful. I don't recall seeing her in anything else, but she looks familiar.
post #11 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach View Post

I'm not a fan of Cooper but the wife wants to watch. However, after Sucker Punch, I'm not opposed to watching Abby Cornish.

Who's this Abby? the only female in the film was Nicole kidman
post #12 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

Who's this Abby? the only female in the film was Nicole kidman

Maybe you need NZT lol. Nicole Kidman was never in the film. Abbie Cornish played his girlfriend in the movie. And yes. There WAS more then one female in the film....
post #13 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

Maybe you need NZT lol. Nicole Kidman was never in the film. Abbie Cornish played his girlfriend in the movie. And yes. There WAS more then one female in the film....

That's right. One of my favorite actresses, little Anna Friel of Pushing Daisies fame, was in it, too. Friel was almost unrecognizable, though. She was made up in a way to make her credible as a haggard survivor of NZT. I almost couldn't believe the actress I was seeing on the screen was Friel.
post #14 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

Who's this Abby? the only female in the film was Nicole kidman

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...3#post17189873
post #15 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will2007 View Post

She is very beautiful. I don't recall seeing her in anything else, but she looks familiar.

Sucker Punch
post #16 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

That's right. One of my favorite actresses, little Anna Friel of Pushing Daisies fame, was in it, too. Friel was almost unrecognizable, though. She was made up in a way to make her credible as a haggard survivor of NZT. I almost couldn't believe the actress I was seeing on the screen was Friel.

You mean "Camel Toe" in the Land of the lost remake? I always liked her, petite and cute, and great in tight shorts
post #17 of 42
Sorry. NZT does not do it for me. Very few junkies can ever get off...

Instead of Limitless, maybe it should be Moral-less since Clueless was already used.

There were too many flaws as well.
post #18 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbud0 View Post

Sorry. NZT does not do it for me. Very few junkies can ever get off...

Instead of Limitless, maybe it should be Moral-less since Clueless was already used.

There were too many flaws as well.

Did you not watch the entire movie? That drug didn't have ANY flaws.Some people were just clearly TO STUPID to take it.

Let a drug like NZT come out. I'd take that **** ANY DAY.
post #19 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach View Post

Sucker Punch

Didn't see it, so that can't be where I've seen her.
post #20 of 42
Finally picked up my copy will watch it tonight.
post #21 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Finally picked up my copy will watch it tonight.

Hope you like it. I for one loved it.
post #22 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post


Hope you like it. I for one loved it.

I did this film was great. This will definitely make my collection.
post #23 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post


Maybe you need NZT lol. Nicole Kidman was never in the film. Abbie Cornish played his girlfriend in the movie. And yes. There WAS more then one female in the film....

His girlfriend in certain scenes could of been mistaken as young nicole kidman.I could see the similarities.
post #24 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

His girlfriend in certain scenes could of been mistaken as young nicole kidman.I could see the similarities.

Well for starters Abbie has real lips so no, no mistake possible
post #25 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post


Well for starters Abbie has real lips so no, no mistake possible

Nicole doesn't look good anymore.
post #26 of 42
I liked the film, part druggie angst, part sci-fi. I felt the effects of NZT were very subtle, but certainly useful. That said, if there ever were a drug that let you access 100% of your brain, I'd expect even greater benefit, perhaps even paranormal powers. This could have tipped the movie into another shallow special effects laden territory and killed the story, but if done right, it could have been cool.
post #27 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

I liked the film, part druggie angst, part sci-fi. I felt the effects of NZT were very subtle, but certainly useful. That said, if there ever were a drug that let you access 100% of your brain, I'd expect even greater benefit, perhaps even paranormal powers. This could have tipped the movie into another shallow special effects laden territory and killed the story, but if done right, it could have been cool.

I agree with you and Franin. Limitless was an interesting film and certainly a change of pace from usual movie fare. It had its share of weakness but was nonetheless intriguing and entertaining from beginning to end. I want to see it again.
post #28 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I agree with you and Franin. Limitless was an interesting film and certainly a change of pace from usual movie fare. It had its share of weakness but was nonetheless intriguing and entertaining from beginning to end. I want to see it again.

I'm glad you liked it gwsat like you I would like to see it again. I will buy it when it gets cheaper.
post #29 of 42
Watched this last night and loved it. Cooper was great! Limitless very much reminded me of Cliff Robertson’s, Charly. Will definitely watch this one again.
post #30 of 42
Rented this from Redbox last night. Loved it!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home