or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › What's Your System Configuration › pcweber111's Setup Thread 2.0 (New Apt. Edition)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

pcweber111's Setup Thread 2.0 (New Apt. Edition) - Page 5

post #121 of 148
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

After living with (and enjoying) RF-82's from '07 through '12, I KNOW the superb sound you are experiencing right now!  Congrats and enjoy! 

Yeah they're no Legacy's or anything but they'll do. biggrin.gif
post #122 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

Yeah they're no Legacy's or anything but they'll do. biggrin.gif

Lol, hey...after hearing numerous speakers in 2012, I was more than ready to stick with the RF-82's because none of the speakers I heard really moved me the way the 82's did. Trust me...those babies outperform a LOT of more expensive speakers out there.
post #123 of 148
Thread Starter 
I'm just kidding of course lol. I love the look of your speakers. As for the 82s, they do indeed sound excellent so far. I need to get them into a larger room where I can spread them out a bit as I feel my current space is a bit constrained. As it is though even with my current arrangement I can definitely tell a positive difference and it makes me want to go ahead and order the RC-64II right now.
post #124 of 148
Thread Starter 
Picked up a Denon AVR-X4000 to replace my previous 3310. Local Best Buy was closing down so I lucked into a good deal. Normally 1299 but I picked it up for 800 bucks. Not too shabby.




Next up on the list is another sub, 7.1 bookshelves to match the 5.1 I have, a stereo amp to power the front heights (speaking of, front heights), most likely a new Denon BD player, and finally the center channel I mentioned earlier. It'll probably be last on the list. Onto the next!
post #125 of 148
Looks great. Good luck with the 4000 it's a great unit! smile.gif
post #126 of 148
Nice score on the new AVR, PC. It's all coming together.
post #127 of 148
Nice score indeed web-0-matic! That looks pretty great from what I can see of it biggrin.gif
post #128 of 148
Great price on a great receiver. My AVR is starting to have issues and I've been looking at the Denons.
post #129 of 148
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnt29 View Post

Looks great. Good luck with the 4000 it's a great unit! smile.gif

Yeah so far I am very impressed. Audyssey sounds amazing. I love the second zone independent HDMI out with Instaprevue. I can let my son play Xbox in his room and check on him occasionally to see what he's playing/watching. It's a killer feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Nice score on the new AVR, PC. It's all coming together.

Yeah, slowly but surely. smile.gif I'm not done yet though, plenty left to upgrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff4RFC View Post

Nice score indeed web-0-matic! That looks pretty great from what I can see of it biggrin.gif

Yeah sorry I'll post some improved pics this weekend. I've rearranged my living room somewhat and will be remounting my tv more center to the wall which will allow me to space the fronts out wider, add a space for the second sub, and make the room feel more like a dedicated movie watching space instead of a bunch of stuff squeezed into a living room. Being single also helps with this as I make all the final decisions. biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post

Great price on a great receiver. My AVR is starting to have issues and I've been looking at the Denons.

Yeah I love Denon receivers. As receivers they're great but as preamps they're perfect. There are more expensive options for sure but bang for the buck wise I can't see much out there right now that beats what I just got unless I just wanted to spend 2 to 3 times as much.
post #130 of 148
Thread Starter 
Found another deal at that Best Buy near me that I couldn't pass up. A Denon DBT-1713UD. $106 out the door. It's no Oppo but it'll do. tongue.gif

post #131 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post



edit Sorry for the angle of the pics, forgot to take them before I put the sub in place. tongue.gif

How is the doing did it open up to your liking? I got mine a week ago in my apt and LOVE IT. BTW nice setup.
post #132 of 148
smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

As receivers they're great but as preamps they're perfect. There are more expensive options for sure but bang for the buck wise I can't see much out there right now that beats what I just got unless I just wanted to spend 2 to 3 times as much.

Experience has taught me that "more expensive" does not always mean "better performing!" I've never heard a Denon product that sounded bad. Ever!!
post #133 of 148
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterlife2 View Post

How is the doing did it open up to your liking? I got mine a week ago in my apt and LOVE IT. BTW nice setup.

Thanks! Yes, the sub is pretty impressive for being so affordable. I have no doubt that having a higher-end sub would yield superior results but to get the kind of performance out of such a relatively inexpensive sub is impressive to say the least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

smile.gif
Experience has taught me that "more expensive" does not always mean "better performing!" I've never heard a Denon product that sounded bad. Ever!!

No doubt. Good thing is there are plenty of options out there and plenty of companies doing great work and providing great value. I might not have the highest end stuff but I continue to be amazed at what I get for the money I spend. Should I go crazy with the cheese wiz though like you, I might have to rethink that statement lol.
Edited by pcweber111 - 10/19/13 at 9:45am
post #134 of 148

Hey PC, looks like you have done some smart shopping there. I just recently upgraded to the Denon 4311ci and right after I did the X-4000 was released. If I had not gotten the 4311 I would have bought the X-4000. So good choice. How are you liking the new additions so far?

post #135 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

Found another deal at that Best Buy near me that I couldn't pass up. A Denon DBT-1713UD. $106 out the door. It's no Oppo but it'll do. tongue.gif



Ummmm.....next time you're there?????? Would you pick up a few things for me??????
post #136 of 148
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff4RFC View Post

Ummmm.....next time you're there?????? Would you pick up a few things for me??????

I don't know how much is left lol. The store closes on the 1st of Nov. so I'm sure it will have been picked clean by then. I was surprised to see this sitting there at such a cheap price. I'd have thought some other AV dork would have realized what they were getting. There's still some Marantz and Yamaha stuff there as well as some Energy and Martin Logan speakers. Pretty good deals too. I'll stop in on Sunday and see what's left since they said everything goes to 75-80% off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post

Hey PC, looks like you have done some smart shopping there. I just recently upgraded to the Denon 4311ci and right after I did the X-4000 was released. If I had not gotten the 4311 I would have bought the X-4000. So good choice. How are you liking the new additions so far?

Thanks htg, I figure if I can get a deal why not. I'm not trying to be cheap or anything but when the opportunity presents itself I won't say no. As for the 4000 so far, it's pretty awesome. Audyssey sounds amazing after just one good calibration. I like the Instaprevue like I mentioned above, and internet radio is better than I figured it'd be. So far so good and I don't see a need to upgrade anytime soon.

So I went ahead and got a pair of Klipsch RB-41ii's for front heights. I'm gonna wait on 7.1 until I can get the stands I want and Fry's had a deal on the 41s so I figured why not. I'm gonna mount them beside the tv tomorrow and see how they perform. I know what standard 7.1 sounds like and I've heard a bit of what front heights can do so I went with heights first since they fit into the room better than 7.1 would.
Edited by pcweber111 - 10/19/13 at 7:56pm
post #137 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

Thanks! Yes, the sub is pretty impressive for being so affordable. I have no doubt that having a higher-end sub would yield superior results but to get the kind of performance out of such a relatively inexpensive sub is impressive to say the least.
.
Some guy wrote a review on SVS site for the PB and said it covered his very large room, so you might not have to buy another one. I can't even use it to it's full advantage cause I live in a van apt by the river like you.eek.gifcool.gif
post #138 of 148
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterlife2 View Post

Some guy wrote a review on SVS site for the PB and said it covered his very large room, so you might not have to buy another one. I can't even use it to it's full advantage cause I live in a van apt by the river like you.eek.gifcool.gif

Yes it's an impressive sub for the money. Being in an apt. I really can't flex its muscle much anyway so while I want another to match it I think it might end up being the last thing I get unless I just get impulsive.
post #139 of 148
Well you motivated me to pickup an open box 4000 from Best Buy too. eek.gif Man does sound sweet! How does it sound with the upgraded klipsch? JT
post #140 of 148
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnt29 View Post

Well you motivated me to pickup an open box 4000 from Best Buy too. eek.gif Man does sound sweet! How does it sound with the upgraded klipsch? JT

Sweet! It's definitely a pretty loaded receiver. For using it as a preamp I have to say that I'm very impressed with it. I've done a few runs with Audyssey on and off and am still trying to decide what I like better. What's interesting are the levels it decided on for the fronts. They're opposite of what I expected. Still, I'm trying different modes and seeing what works. It definitely provides detail that the Klipsch's have no problem bringing out. As I won't ever use it as a full receiver I can't comment on the amp section (aside from using the included front heights) but I'm sure it would provide plenty of dynamics. What I really like is the dual zone HDMI outs with a preview function. I am doing a run to a tv I'm buying for my sons room so if he wants he can have some privacy and play the Xbox in his room but I can see what he's doing. It's a pretty cool function.
post #141 of 148
Dang Weber, you and JT rocking those 4000's......I want XT32 with sub EQ cool.gif
post #142 of 148
Thread Starter 
Yeah it's pretty sweet. I'm still playing with it and am trying to wait until I get my second sub before I get everything finalized. As it is though with a few test runs I'm mighty impressed. I have some pretty open parts of the living room and the room correction has been amazing. Come on, you know you want a XT32! tongue.gif
post #143 of 148
Happy Thanksgiving Web
post #144 of 148
Thread Starter 
Thanks, you too! That goes for everyone else! smile.gif
post #145 of 148
Merry Christmas brother
post #146 of 148
Thread Starter 
Just wanted to stop in a post a few upated pics. I updated the first post but will post them here too. I added another sub and finally have a Klipsch RC64II on order so I will update again once it arrives. I removed the height channels as I didn't like how they looked and really they didn't add much so I will repurpose them for something else. I am probably going to add another pair of RB61IIs for 7.1 as soon as I get some matching stands ordered. After the center arrives and possibly the rears I think I'll finally be done...for awhile at least.




edit Oh and I finally broke down and ordered tv service again. Back to the show watching grind I guess. lol
post #147 of 148

Looking good buddy. Nice and clean. :cool:

post #148 of 148
Outstanding! you have to love the Klipsch look. Can't wait to hear your impressions on the RC-64.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › What's Your System Configuration › pcweber111's Setup Thread 2.0 (New Apt. Edition)