Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDenontagged by pcweber111, 10/19/13
- productDenon 3D Blu-ray Disc Player - DBT-1713UDtagged by pcweber111, 10/19/13
- productDenon AVR-X4000 7.2-Channel Home Theater Receivertagged by pcweber111, 10/19/13
- productKlipsch Reference Series RF-82tagged by pcweber111, 10/19/13
- productSVS PB1000 10-inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofertagged by pcweber111, 10/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Living Room System check from what I've learned here Last post on 3/1/14 at 9:56am in Speakers
- Completely lost when looking for new sub Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:31pm in Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers
- Denon x4000 setup help! Last post on 2/6/14 at 3:44am in Audio theory, Setup and Chat
- 15x22x8ft size room How much bass do I need? Last post on 1/27/14 at 1:03pm in Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers
- Klipsch RF-82 and RC-62 it is a good match? Last post on 1/5/14 at 2:13pm in Speakers
2012 and 2013 Denon AVR FAQ, Setup, and Troubleshooting Guide
Last edited: 11/2/13
- 25 Top Blu-ray releases for 2012Last edited: 9/24/13
- Fall's Most Anticipated Blu-Ray ReleasesLast edited: 9/17/12
- Denon 2011 and 2012 AVR FAQ, Setup, and Troubleshooting GuideLast edited: 9/13/12
pcweber111's Setup Thread 2.0 (New Apt. Edition) - Page 4post #91 of 1451/17/13 at 5:22am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 1451/17/13 at 11:18ampost #93 of 1451/17/13 at 1:46pmi dont know you pcweber111 but some food for thought on the going at it alone part.
Getting these HT systems setup is fun and very time consuming. My recommendation (one that I keep reminding myself on a daily basis) is get it set up "good enough" to the point where, yea you really can sit down and enjoy a movie\tv\music or kick back and play a game for an hour without having to futz with a bunch of stuff and then just STOP.
Once your there begin to get out and do the massive variety of things available out there to do - anything from riding a bicycle for a couple hours or going on a hike or maybe hitting up the local pool or actually trying a new sport or activity, anything to just get out. The important thing is not spend anymore time tinkering with HT/pcs/etc and making sure your getting out.
And the best part? When you get home after getting out and enjoying your life away from tinkering you just press a few magical buttons and your get this amazingly enjoyable media experience to wrap the evening up or to fill an hour or two while your waiting to go do something. and you repeat this piece by piece and you will find yourself more active, feeling more refreshed and actually having some improvements in life as the whole experience kinda goes on autopilot and (not saying you need it) you put you life back together. In short make the HT one awesome piece of your life, and then add some others.
just thought i would share.....
PS> Chicks dig some couches, throw blanket, coffee/tea/cookies, and a awesome HT movie night experience, amiright? its what keeps me motivated knowing that there is a future out therepost #94 of 1452/19/13 at 4:32pmpost #95 of 1452/19/13 at 5:08pmpost #96 of 1453/6/13 at 9:08pmWazzapenin' Weber? Dju get a new sub or what? That SVS has got to be pumping some LF's.
Thanks for the compliment on my cables, did you get yours hooked up and smoking?
To demo your sub, this is a crap movie (IMO), but my wife loves these types, the scary ghost type. It's called the "The InnKeepers".
I've got a pair of Epik Empires, we watched this movie on DVD, the bluray has an even better audio track, but at one point, when the ghost was supposed to be in the room, the LF's were so low and strong, my wooden window covers were rattling like a C130 was clipping my rooftop. My wife actually asked me what the heck was going on, I paused the movie, the shutters stopped rattling and we could hear my drivers "pop" back into place because they were extended out so far.
I looked at my wife and said, "this movie sucks but it's a killer sub demo", she laughs and said I bet you can't wait to tell your buddies on your forum. Smart girlpost #97 of 1457/13/13 at 2:53pmThread StarterA quick update:
Got a new amp to replace the HK I had awhile back. I wanted something more than what the receiver gave me but didn't want to break the bank as I have other needs at the moment so I figured I'd go with a deal. Found a Rotel RMB-1075 for sale and picked it up. $300 isn't a bad price I don't think for what is still an excellent amp. I'll take pics of my new place and setup later tonight. Here's the amp:post #98 of 1457/13/13 at 5:45pmpost #99 of 1457/13/13 at 6:24pmThread Starterpost #100 of 1457/13/13 at 7:38pmThread StarterHere are some pics of the new setup. I'll post more later:
As for the amp I've already noticed a difference in bass quality and midrange. Voices seem to have more presence and seem less compressed. Bass is cleaner, tighter, and the surrounds seem to have more believability if that makes sense. Receivers are decent for what they are but man there's nothing like a separate amp to power your speakers. I'll listen to music later and see what differences I can notice there.post #101 of 1457/13/13 at 9:49pmpost #102 of 1457/14/13 at 6:02ampost #103 of 1458/1/13 at 6:49amThread StarterAnother quick update. I got a new tv. Picked up a 60" Samsung plasma at BB last week as I've been wanting a new tv for awhile now. Much improved picture over my old 50". I wanted the 64" but I wasn't going to pay a 40% premium for four extra inches. I have a quick pic from last night but I need to do wire maintenance and clean a bit so focus on the tv lol.
The next project is to turn my living room gaming pc into an htpc. Need to find a case that will hold my current build. Any suggestions? I need to accommodate an ATX board and a Radeon 6950 plus a full size power supply among others. I have a few in mind but I'm always open to suggestions.post #104 of 1458/6/13 at 10:15pmCongrats man. That is a fab-o TV. I had the 64" and I paid cost + no tax. Bought the demo. I loved that TV till my 5 yr old took it out with a Wii remote.....ugggggg. So I'm rocking the LG 50" plasma again. It's cool though, tax time will see me with another Sammy 64"er.
I'm happy for you brother, I know that picture, you have done well.post #105 of 1458/7/13 at 7:38amThread StarterThat sucks about your tv! Dang the Wiimote, killer of tvs everywhere lol. Yeah I like it a lot so far. It's a very appreciable upgrade from what I had before and it fills the wall quite nicely. Like I said I would have gone for the 64" had the price difference not been so great. Maybe I can find a good deal this next year and upgrade again lol. Until then though I marvel at the image quality. Thanks for the kind words.
After I get the new htpc case this weekend my next project is a speaker upgrade. I'm thinking RF-7II's and RC-64II but I might settle for the RF-82II's + RC-64II instead. It's a pretty big price difference. Maybe I can just get the RC-64II now and decide on the towers later lol.post #106 of 1458/7/13 at 8:02amQuote:Originally Posted by pcweber111
That sucks about your tv! Dang the Wiimote, killer of tvs everywhere lol. Yeah I like it a lot so far. It's a very appreciable upgrade from what I had before and it fills the wall quite nicely. Like I said I would have gone for the 64" had the price difference not been so great. Maybe I can find a good deal this next year and upgrade again lol. Until then though I marvel at the image quality. Thanks for the kind words.
After I get the new htpc case this weekend my next project is a speaker upgrade. I'm thinking RF-7II's and RC-64II but I might settle for the RF-82II's + RC-64II instead. It's a pretty big price difference. Maybe I can just get the RC-64II now and decide on the towers later lol.
The RF-7ii and the RC-64ii would rock the house with the Rotel driving them. The RF-82ii's are not slouch either. Bigger is better in terms of SPL and dynamics. Good luck and happy hunting! JTpost #107 of 1458/13/13 at 1:12pmThread Starterpost #108 of 1458/13/13 at 1:30pmQuote:
Looking for those pics bro!!! Did you succumb to the upgrade bug that often bites during a component transfer? Thoughts like "Well, now's a good time for a Haswell MoBo........which leads to "well, if I do that, I'll need a haswell CPU...: What's funny is that Computer building can be even crazier than Home Theater building. For $5k, I can get an Oppo BDP-105, a Marantz 8801, an Emotiva XPA-5 will a couple hundred to spend on some nice cables. In the computer world, $5k gets me a high-end Quad-SLI setup, a Rampage iV MoBo, and maybe....maybe...maybe the Extreme Haswell CPU. Throw in decent hard drives and some decent RAM and a Case and you've got a nice machine.....except.....at least an additional $3k or $4k will be put into the computer as time passes On what? only Nvidia knows . Maybe we HT enthusiasts are not so crazy after all.....or maybe the craziest ones are the ones who love both Home Theater AND enthusiast computing.post #109 of 1458/13/13 at 5:12pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by BrolicBeast
Looking for those pics bro!!! Did you succumb to the upgrade bug that often bites during a component transfer? Thoughts like "Well, now's a good time for a Haswell MoBo........which leads to "well, if I do that, I'll need a haswell CPU...: What's funny is that Computer building can be even crazier than Home Theater building. For $5k, I can get an Oppo BDP-105, a Marantz 8801, an Emotiva XPA-5 will a couple hundred to spend on some nice cables. In the computer world, $5k gets me a high-end Quad-SLI setup, a Rampage iV MoBo, and maybe....maybe...maybe the Extreme Haswell CPU. Throw in decent hard drives and some decent RAM and a Case and you've got a nice machine.....except.....at least an additional $3k or $4k will be put into the computer as time passes On what? only Nvidia knows . Maybe we HT enthusiasts are not so crazy after all.....or maybe the craziest ones are the ones who love both Home Theater AND enthusiast computing.
Haha nah not yet. I just transferred my old AMD secondary gaming system (928BE, 69501GB, 8GB ram) into this case as a study on whether I'll like the setup or not. I actually plan on doing an Intel system soon as I've always been an AMD guy but I wanna try the other side for once. That'll probably be later this year though, once the new refresh hits.post #110 of 1458/13/13 at 5:14pmThread StarterHere's some quick pics. Nothing on the inside because I still need to do wire maintenance and I'm trying to decide on whether to keep this stuff in here or go Intel. Might do both, keep current and then upgrade to Intel later this year. Still trying to decide. Anyway, pics:
I have to say, from a build quality stand point I'm very impressed with Fractal Design so far. Very high quality fans, fit and finish is excellent. Insides are top notch too; no sharp edges, heavy duty, very impressive. If anyone is looking to build an htpc I'd definitely recommend Fractal Design. I'm quite satisfied.post #111 of 1458/13/13 at 5:24pmThread Starterpost #112 of 1458/13/13 at 5:37pmpost #113 of 1458/13/13 at 5:41pmpost #114 of 1458/13/13 at 5:50pmThread StarterQuote:
Thanks. I wanted a clean look so I'm happy. I can't go Crossfire though, no room. This will be more for media and lighter gaming. It won't be replacing my main build anytime soon.post #115 of 1458/23/13 at 9:17pmThread Starterpost #116 of 1458/30/13 at 5:52pmThread Starterpost #117 of 1458/30/13 at 6:05pmpost #118 of 1458/31/13 at 5:26ampost #119 of 1459/1/13 at 6:59pmThread StarterThanks guys. So far fast impressions are that these are much more acute at bringing out fine detail versus my older 25s. Bass is obviously better, imaging seems more consistent, and everything in general just seems more lively. I'm still getting used to how much larger they are and I really need to move into a larger place to properly accommodate them. So far so good though. I can imagine how these are gonna sound once paired with the RC-64II.post #120 of 1459/2/13 at 5:31pm
- pcweber111's Setup Thread 2.0 (New Apt. Edition)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 25 Top Blu-ray releases for 2012
- › The Beast, Unleashed 1 second ago
- › LG 55EA9800 55" OLED Owner's thread 44 seconds ago
- › The Official Xbox One thread... 50 seconds ago
- › Plex on Chromecast - Free for all as of yesterday 1 minute ago
- › Official JTR speaker thread 1 minute ago
- › What is the Best 3D Projector for max 1200 budget? 1 minute ago
- › Why so few anamorphic blu-ray discs? 1 minute ago
- › TitanFall (EA/Respawn, PC/XB1/360, Spring 2014, Game Informer Leak 2 minutes ago
- › Windows doesn't list HD codes as supported formats 2 minutes ago
- › What features would you like in your next Oppo BR - e.g. Oppo... 2 minutes ago
- › Onkyo TX-NR616 by mrpeso13
- › Last Of Us Ps3 by GOHAWK12
- › LG Electronics NB3530A Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer and Bluetooth by zerolimit
- › Polk Audio RTI A7 Floorstanding Speaker (Single, Cherry) by mdaleavs
- › Microvision SHOWWX+ HDMI Laser Pico Projector (AA0123600-020) by enjoi7
- › Xbox One Console - Day One Edition by ajones13
- › PlayStation 4 Console by BenMonkey
- › Behringer B215XL Passive Speaker Pair by imagic
- › Atari 5200 - Video Game Console (System) by PGTweed
- › XBOX Console by PGTweed
- › Academy Award Winners & Nominees on Blu-ray by skehoe
- › Game Console Review Contest by Scott Wilkinson
- › Best Blu-rays for Your Valentine's Day... by skehoe
- › Vizio and Sony Impress, Curved Screens... by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Buying Guide Central by skehoe
- › Soundbar Review Contest by SocialCapital
- › AVS Forum's Top 9 LCD TVs by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 10 Powered Soundbars by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 8 Low-Cost... by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 6 Streaming Media Players by skehoe