Originally Posted by Wikid S4teen
So I thought I was done spending money upgrading some AV components in my HT.
Then I stumbled across this thread a few weeks back. What caught my eye was the name Assassin.
I was like, WTH, Assassin??? So I clicked on the thread. I have heard of HTPCs before, but wow,
I never knew their potential. I remember seeing a media server in a booth across from ours in a CEDIA Expo years back. I remember getting a demo and thought to myself WOW, this is badass. But then saw a retail price of $10K. LOL and walked away. But now with Assassin's thread and paid guides (just paid), I'm like, I can totally do/afford this!
So my journey begins..
Here's what I have in mind, oh & I think it's obvious, this is my first build, so any help would be much appreciated.
1) nMEDIAPC Black Aluminum / Acrylic / Steel HTPC 6000B ATX Media Center / HTPC Case
2) ASUS P8Z68-M Pro LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
3) Intel Pentium G840 Sandy Bridge 2.8GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000 BX80623G840
4) PC Power and Cooling Silencer MK III 400W Modular 80PLUS Bronze Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandy Bridge Core i3 i5 ...
5) G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
6) Corsair Nova Series 2 CSSD-V60GB2A 2.5" 60GB SATA II Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
7) LITE-ON Blu-ray Burner with 3D Playback SATA iHBS212-08 LightScribe Support
8) TP-LINK TL-WN722N USB 2.0 High Gain Wireless Adapter
I have a 2T HDD already and the obvious Win7 64 bit I didn't list.
I really wanted the nMedia PC 7000, but with the HDD clearance issue, I decided on the case above.
Thanks for reading,