Hi everyone! Me again.
Sorry for neglecting to update the Raspberry Pi vs. my HTPC story. Long story short, the guy never went to the trouble to actually turn his Pi into an HTPC to compare. Everyone at work was pretty impressed with my machine though.
So, I've been living with this thing for a couple weeks now, and I have a love-hate relationship with XBMC. It does almost everything I want it to, but it is so fricking FRUSTRATING sometimes with the way it works.
Here are some of my issues:
1. I have my media in a few separate folders, and I would like to have them show up on the main menu that way: Movies, Kids Movies, TV Shows, Kids TV, Christmas Movies. It was easy enough to create the "playlists" for the Kids Movies and the Christmas Movies, but all of those titles still show up in my main Movies section as well. I can't figure out how to fix that.
2. I would like to have the rotating fan art backgrounds to my "playlist" folders as well as the main Movie and TV Shows folders. I can't figure out how to do that.
3. I have a lot of trouble with XBMC finding and importing new content that I add.
4. I haven't really dabbled in the Pictures or Music sections yet, and don't know if I will. I did try to add my DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince mp3s to XBMC, but the albums never showed up right in once you clicked on Music and there was never any album covers or metadata associated with anything. I gave up on that right away.
5. Some of the MVK files I have don't show up. In my Kids Movies folder, I have Garfield A Tale of Two Kitties, and it doesn't show up anywhere in XBMC (however it imports and plays just fine in WMC-MB - more on that in a bit).
6. A lot of my movies show up twice in XBMC.even though there is only one folder for them on the media drive, with only one MKV file in each folder.
I'll stop there for now. If anyone has any help for me, I would really appreciate it.