or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Official AVS Blu-ray Disc Reviews › Disney's WOW: World of Wonder (Blu-ray) Official AVSForum Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Disney's WOW: World of Wonder (Blu-ray) Official AVSForum Review - Page 21

post #601 of 662
Would someone mind linking me to the manual.PDF? I can't seem to find it anywhere online.
post #602 of 662
bump
post #603 of 662
Hello? Anyone?
post #604 of 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncosojia View Post

Hello? Anyone?

I just had the manual emailed to me from a forum member today. If you pm me your email I would be glad to forward the manual that he sent to you.
post #605 of 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankVP View Post

I just had the manual emailed to me from a forum member today. If you pm me your email I would be glad to forward the manual that he sent to you.

Is there a reason you can't just upload it here?

There's an attachment button between the quotation and image buttons above.
post #606 of 662
The file is most likely too big.
post #607 of 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Vaughn View Post

The file is most likely too big.

I think you are correct, I seem to remember that I read there is a 5mb limit for attachments.
post #608 of 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncosojia View Post

Would someone mind linking me to the manual.PDF? I can't seem to find it anywhere online.

Me neither, I contacted the Disney support people, and they are useless. I just asked them to email me the PDF file 4 days ago, still no response. Can someone email it to me. PM me for my email.
post #609 of 662
I'm thinking about getting this Blu ray to tweak my new LG LA7400. I'd like the colors to be more potent & there's 6 of them to adjust on my set.
post #610 of 662
I have a doubt, I have a sony hx850 led tv and I use my ps3 for blurays. The ps3 have a deep color setting that is by default on automatic and now when i check the display info it say that the signal is 12 bit. Also I have noticed better image quality but the colors seems to be a little different. I dont now if i should deactivate the deep color option or not because i dont know if the colors are not display acoording to the rec 709 hd pattern
post #611 of 662
Well, I also contacted the Disney support people and got no where. I asked them to email me the PDF file over two weeks ago, and no response. Can someone email it to me??? PM me for my email. Sure appreciate anyone's help on this one...going crazy trying to find that pdf that disney was supposed to have available..

Jeffrey
post #612 of 662
It's the pdf manual to the WOW calibration disk that I am also trying to get.....thanks in advance to anyone that can help me.
Jeffrey
post #613 of 662
Try this link for the manual: http://www.monopricehub.com/files/manuals/9498_Manual_120822.pdf
The actual pdf is too large for me to attach. PM me your email and I can send it to you.

Edit: That link has gone down for some reason. PM me if you need a copy.
Edited by Kayvin - 8/6/13 at 3:58pm
post #614 of 662
Does anyone know of any known issues with this disc and the samsung bdc-6900 player. I have posted in the player forum and have not recieved any information. I get format errors, cannot read disc and if/when it does load it is so slow and choppy it is unusable. I have verified the disc works in my panasonic player and I do have the latest firmware.

Any tips or tricks to try would be most helpful.

thanks in advance.
post #615 of 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmlersch View Post

Does anyone know of any known issues with this disc and the samsung bdc-6900 player. I have posted in the player forum and have not recieved any information. I get format errors, cannot read disc and if/when it does load it is so slow and choppy it is unusable. I have verified the disc works in my panasonic player and I do have the latest firmware.

Any tips or tricks to try would be most helpful.

thanks in advance.

This is a known problem with Samsung players and usually affects most BD discs (not just the WOW). You have to keep shutting it off and turning it back on...or even unplugging the player...until it finally accepts the disc.
post #616 of 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post

This is a known problem with Samsung players and usually affects most BD discs (not just the WOW). You have to keep shutting it off and turning it back on...or even unplugging the player...until it finally accepts the disc.

Seems like this happens when either the pick up eye inside is dirty or the player is getting older and the manufacturer is not sending codec updates. I had this happen with my last 3 players, Panny, Magnavox, and another no name brand, all were tossed, one at a time as they aged.
post #617 of 662
This past weekend I decided to get ahold of Samsung via their chat tech support and after a factory reset did not do the trick they suggested that I send the unit in for repairs. (go figure). After a little back and forth with their very helpful "technician" they decided that maybe my laser is dirty and I should clean it with a soft lint free cloth.

I have been an electronic technician for over 20 years now and I am pretty sure that this will not work but will give it a try. The blu-ray player is a few years old so i am not too worried about voiding the warranty and am pretty confident that I can do this without any permanent damage.

Does anyone have any more suggestions while I have this thing cracked open?
post #618 of 662
I actually purchased a Blu-Ray lens cleaner (it's a BD disc that you insert in the player that uses micro-fibers yo clean the lens. It doesn't help, Let us know how you fare.
post #619 of 662
Thanks for the review on the disk. Was wondering if it was any good coming from Disney. I went through the video setup and got everything dialed in according to my disk. I had to only make minor tweaks to my plasma display. I was thinking wow mine is already pretty good. Well I was wrong. Those little tweaks made a huge difference on the picture quality. It did a beautiful job. Picture looks great.

A couple of things I noticed. The sharpness setting did not seem to do much using the test image. So I set that back to center. Looks like sharpness is a useless slider on my set. Then also when making the adjustments I noticed I needed to turn off the TV's options menu after making an adjustment and look at the test pattern with nothing else on the screen to make sure I got it right. Huge difference when making adjustments with the menu up it really throws things off.

I have not done any of the audio setup since I let the Yamaha take care of that. But I'll go back and test see how the Yamaha did with the auto setup.
post #620 of 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvdl View Post

Thanks for the review on the disk. Was wondering if it was any good coming from Disney. I went through the video setup and got everything dialed in according to my disk. I had to only make minor tweaks to my plasma display. I was thinking wow mine is already pretty good. Well I was wrong. Those little tweaks made a huge difference on the picture quality. It did a beautiful job. Picture looks great.

A couple of things I noticed. The sharpness setting did not seem to do much using the test image. So I set that back to center. Looks like sharpness is a useless slider on my set. Then also when making the adjustments I noticed I needed to turn off the TV's options menu after making an adjustment and look at the test pattern with nothing else on the screen to make sure I got it right. Huge difference when making adjustments with the menu up it really throws things off.

I have not done any of the audio setup since I let the Yamaha take care of that. But I'll go back and test see how the Yamaha did with the auto setup.

Use the test picture of the lady holding the three peppers and you should see a huge difference on her face when adjusting the sharpness. Also the next slide with the lake if you turn up the sharpness you will see a lot of "noise" in the water.
post #621 of 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewM View Post

Use the test picture of the lady holding the three peppers and you should see a huge difference on her face when adjusting the sharpness. Also the next slide with the lake if you turn up the sharpness you will see a lot of "noise" in the water.

Thanks I'll give it shot.
post #622 of 662
Having problems with setting contrast on disney wow,

I have set everything else, but contrast seems difficult as I cant see the 3 white bar pattern on the right of the screen on the beginner contrast setting, apparently its too bright ??

but its like the pattern isn't there at all, even when I turn down the backlight and contrast right down I still cant see it , I can see the advanced pattern for contrast but not the beginner/expert pattern

settings so far

Backlight 16
Contrast 92
Brightness 47
Sharpness 22
Colour 44
Tint R53 G47


any help appreciated
post #623 of 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagenation View Post

Having problems with setting contrast on disney wow,

I have set everything else, but contrast seems difficult as I cant see the 3 white bar pattern on the right of the screen on the beginner contrast setting, apparently its too bright ??

but its like the pattern isn't there at all, even when I turn down the backlight and contrast right down I still cant see it , I can see the advanced pattern for contrast but not the beginner/expert pattern

settings so far

Backlight 16
Contrast 92
Brightness 47
Sharpness 22
Colour 44
Tint R53 G47


any help appreciated

What's the brand and model number of your set? What picture mode are you in? Do you have anything turned on that would "enhance" contrast. Different brands have different names for this type of setting. You'll want to turn off any type of enhancing options.
post #624 of 662
the display is Samsung UE32F5000

All dynamic features are off , picture mode standard

You can only see the beginner pattern when you set the ps3 to superwhites (YcBr) or else standard viewing (RGB) you will not see the test pattern fully
post #625 of 662
I've never done this before so don't shoot me if it doesn't work.

I believe this is the manual for the WOW disc everyone wants.

If the attachment didn't make it, here is a link where you can download it:
http://www.smarthome.com/81750/Disney-WOW-World-of-Wonder-DVD-Disc-for-Audio-and-Video-Display-Calibration/p.aspx


RobertTX

WOW Step-by-Step Optimization Guide.pdf 3019k .pdf file
post #626 of 662
Guys how do I calibrate the contrast disney wow on tv sony w 805, for very high values ​​come completely out of realidade.Grato
post #627 of 662
The values ​​are high around 99-100, it can not is normal there is something wrong and I wanted to learn the correct, both in beginner mode as in advanced mode calibration for video contrast.
post #628 of 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewM View Post

Use the test picture of the lady holding the three peppers and you should see a huge difference on her face when adjusting the sharpness. Also the next slide with the lake if you turn up the sharpness you will see a lot of "noise" in the water.

Where is the three peppers lady picture? I can't find it. Thx.
post #629 of 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrycomo View Post

Where is the three peppers lady picture? I can't find it. Thx.

Look at the manual referenced above on page 9.
post #630 of 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewM View Post

Look at the manual referenced above on page 9.

Found it thx! Unfortunately, it didn't help me see the sharpness any better than usual on my two Samsung screens.

So back to 0/100 they will stay.

I wonder on which hdtv brands is sharpness more visible to adjust?

On any sdtv of any brand, it was soooo easy! cool.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Official AVS Blu-ray Disc Reviews › Disney's WOW: World of Wonder (Blu-ray) Official AVSForum Review