or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Rear Projection Units › 92" Mitsubishi DLP @ CES!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

92" Mitsubishi DLP @ CES!!! - Page 56

post #1651 of 1927
Quote:
Originally Posted by anastrophe View Post

finally got the blu-ray player, and the WOW disc. did a quick run through, most things needed only mild tweaking. however, zone plate one was horrible! it was like some bizarre modern art display. is this inherent to a dlp projector, or do i have a defect? naturally i didn't think to try taking a photo of it to post, though i'm not sure it would even show up (all i have is a standard cellphone camera).

so, it was actually the 'Advanced Scaling' 1 & 2 that were just crazy bizarre. here's the two images - again, taken with cellphone so not totally accurate, but this really is just about how it looks onscreen, live:

http://imgur.com/a/hNHcz

is this fixable? does it beg for a professional calibration?
post #1652 of 1927
on another tangent - and possibly a crazy/stupid idea, but: my stand is 18" tall. there's not a chance i'd ever get a custom stand built at a lower height. i realize when watching the tv, my viewing position is about between 1/3 and 1/4 up from the botton of the screen, rather than the halfway point.

what about putting some small shims at the back of the tv, beneath the base, the tip the TV forward slightly? i'd imagine raising the back barely an inch would do the trick.

the crazy/stupid part: i live north of san francisco. in fact, i live just south of santa rosa, which - little know fact - suffered far more devastation during the 1906 'san francisco' earthquake than did san francisco (but since it was just a tiny town at the time, the scale of damage was smaller).

so here i am, wanting to tip my TV forward. sigh. i should have my head examined.
post #1653 of 1927
Add risers to your chairs or couch. There are theater chairs that sit higher, Rialto Back Row they are called. Don't tip the TV, thats not gonna do a thing but mess up viewing angle, not for better.
post #1654 of 1927
So I have been putting it off forever but got online at Paul's TV (and a few other websites) and got on their online chat "help". I was simply asking about any deals or potential "military" discounts they may offer. Long story short the guy said to call him to discuss so I went out on a limb to talk to him. He ended up hooking me for $2700 With "white glove" delivery. I tried to get him to $2650 but I am an awful negotiator. In the end I paid 120$ for tax which kind of sucks, since that made the total $2820, and you can get it on Amazon for about $2860 right now. He threw in two pairs of Mitsubishi glasses to sweeten the deal so that was cool, even though I am not big on 3D now I have an excuse to try it out. I am happy because I can finally stop procrastinating the TV situation in the new house.

With all that said, I am pretty excited about this! I have seen the very few calibration posts in this thread, are there any others out there? I know others have asked...but I was just trying to get ready to make sure I have everything taken care of when it comes.
post #1655 of 1927
Don't pass out when you see the size of that box for this big bastard! I couldn't believe the size of the 73 let alone the damn near joy of a 92 incher!

Congrats and enjoy it. Some of us used the Disney WoW disc to calibrate and it does a great job. Mr. Thomas made a post of pro settings on his somewhere in here. I used those as a guide line, the used the WoW disc to fine tune my 73". (brightness is dependent really on what you like.)
Oh and we love the smoothness of racing games on a DLP as opposed to the LED/Plasma we have had in our home. DLP really shows off with an XBOX 360 w/racing. Get a racing chair and you have your own simulator for racing/flying lol.
post #1656 of 1927
Quote:
Originally Posted by anastrophe View Post

so, it was actually the 'Advanced Scaling' 1 & 2 that were just crazy bizarre. here's the two images - again, taken with cellphone so not totally accurate, but this really is just about how it looks onscreen, live:

http://imgur.com/a/hNHcz

is this fixable? does it beg for a professional calibration?

FYI Advance 1 and 2 do not change the "scaling" in the TV. They affect contrast, color, white balance etc but not scaling.

What you are seeing is moire patterns cause by the electronic geometry adjustments. You will not be able to get ride of the patterns unless you turn off the adjustment but you risk bad picture geometry if you do. You need to choose which is more important to you the extremly fine details you are currently losing (and may not see anyway) or weired shaped picture which is a possibilty without electronic geometry adjustments.
post #1657 of 1927
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEP View Post

FYI Advance 1 and 2 do not change the "scaling" in the TV. They affect contrast, color, white balance etc but not scaling.

no, i was referring to the Advanced Scaling *Display Evaluation* patterns on the Disney WOW disk, not ADV 1 and 2 in the TV settings.

Quote:


What you are seeing is moire patterns cause by the electronic geometry adjustments. You will not be able to get ride of the patterns unless you turn off the adjustment but you risk bad picture geometry if you do. You need to choose which is more important to you the extremly fine details you are currently losing (and may not see anyway) or weired shaped picture which is a possibilty without electronic geometry adjustments.

thanks. if this is a somewhat expected presentation of the advanced scaling tests, then i can live with it. there isn't any notable geometry problem with actual video content.
post #1658 of 1927
Some info on the 2012 lineup - Doesn't look like there are any revolutionary changes...




Mitsubishi Ships 2012 Rear-Projection TV Line

By Greg Tarr -- TWICE, 5/30/2012

Irvine, Calif. - Mitsubishi Electric Visual Solutions America recently began shipping its 2012 rear-projection FullHD DLP Home Cinema TV lineup.

The 11-model lineup encompasses four screen sizes: 73-, 75-, 82- and 92-inches, including two 92-inch models and four 82-inch models. The sets are assorted in five model series -- the entry C12, 642, 742, 842 and LaserVue L75-A96.

All but two entry-level models offer active-shutter 3D glasses capability. 3D glasses do not ship with any of the TVs, but are available for purchase at the Mitsubishi website. Mitsubishi's new flagship 3D DLP Home Cinema rear-projection set ships in June featuring a 92-inch screen size, FullHD 3D capability and StreamTV Internet connectivity at a $5,999 suggested retail."Consumers crave large-screen televisions that deliver the most immersive home entertainment experience available, which has made the large-screen TV market the fastest-growing TV segment," said Max Wasinger, executive VP, Mitsubishi Electric Visual Solutions America. "There is no question that ‘bigger is better,' so we're introducing large screens that give consumers an unmatched viewing experience for movies, sports, gaming and 3D content. As we maintain our size advantage in the television market, we've also built in more value and features for consumers who demand TVs with bigger screens and better sound at prices that meet their budget."

A distinct component of the lineup is Mitsubishi's next-generation 75-inch LaserVue FullHD 1080p rear-projection set that uses a laser lamp system for better color saturation, brighter pictures and a long-life light source, the company said.

Model L75-A96 (shipping later in June at a $5,999 suggested retail) also incorporates Mitsubishi's Cinema Color in HD and 3D and consumes less than 85 watts of power, which is below the 2012 Energy Star 5.3 requirement of 108 watts for the screen size class. A 3D emitter with DLP link and VESA jack are included.

Other features in the LaserVue model include a Clear Contrast Screen for decreased glare and improved black level performance, Mitsubishi's Cinema Color system, Plush1080p 56 12-bit video processor, super brilliant/brilliant/bright/natural/cinema and game mode picture settings, Deep Field Imager/EdgeEnhancement, Variable Smooth120 Film Motion frame-rate conversion with film dejudder, RS-232C over IP control, PerfectColor/PerfectTint circuitry, USB JPEG/MP3 media player, 3D Depth control, ISFccc advanced video calibration adjustments, and blue accent lighting.

The L75-A96 and models in the top two UHP-lamp-based DLP Home Cinema 842- and 742-series models this year include StreamTV Internet connectivity with access to more than 100 streaming apps from Mitsubishi and its partners.

These include instant access to online entertainment including Vudu HDX and 3D movie and TV content streaming and social media and other services, including Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and The New York Times.

The top-of-the-line 842 series models also add a new built-in Bluetooth RF transmitter to link with active-shutter 3D glasses, called FullHD 3D glasses.

The new and improved system is said to provide a seamless 3D experience while increasing the number of models and brands of active-shutter 3D glasses that can be used with the TV.

Mitsubishi explained that while the company does not currently sell Bluetooth glasses, the TV is compatible with RF FullHD 3D glasses, which includes all Samsung SSG-3xxx and Panasonic TYER3D4MU Bluetooth glasses.

"More Americans are enjoying 3D movies at home as more content becomes available and the experience becomes more affordable. Televisions with 3D and 3D eyewear are much more affordable now, and we're giving consumers who want to add that extra dimension to their home entertainment more options than ever," said James Chan, Mitsubishi Electric Visual Solutions America marketing VP.

Mitsubishi's Diamond 842 series also features the company's signature built-in 16-speaker immersive sound technology (IST).

The IST array includes a center channel mode, surround pre-outs and variable subwoofer outputs.

The line includes the 73-, 82- and 92-inch screen sizes, at suggested retails of $2,199, $3,599 and $5,999, respectively.

The flagship 92-inch model ships later in June and includes a Clear Contrast Screen.

The 742 3D DLP Home Cinema TV models offer FullHD 3D capability via a built-in 3D IR emitter and the aforementioned StreamTV, and include the 73- ($1,799 suggested retail), 82- ($3,099) and 92- ($4,999) screen sizes.

Other key features are iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad remote control app operation, and Remote PC Desktop-VNC Clear Contrast Screen (in the 92-inch model only).

The 642 series adds active-shutter 3D glasses technology and includes the 73-inch and 82-inch screen sizes at suggested retail prices of $1,599 and $2,599, respectively. Key 642-series features include 3D capability via an included 3D emitter (DLP link and VESA jack), three HDMI inputs, advanced video calibration system and 2D + Depth enhancement.

The entry C12 series is billed as "the most cost-efficient DLP Home Cinema TV in the line," offering large screens at a value price points. Models include the 73-inch and 82-inch screen size for suggested retails of $1,599 and $2,599, respectively.

Key features are brilliant, bright, natural and game picture setting modes; 120Hz refresh rates; Plush1080p video with 6-Color Processor; two HDMI inputs; and HDMI PC compatibility.
post #1659 of 1927
Is the Bell'o NT2147 stand too high?
Is there a preferred stand?

 

NT2147_SpecSheet_112111.pdf 394.443359375k . file
post #1660 of 1927
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm125 View Post

Is the Bell'o NT2147 stand too high?
Is there a preferred stand?

18" is too high. I think the ideal would be around 12" to 13".

As DRaven72 said, you can get a higher standing couch or add raisers to the feet of your couch.

I have a stand that was made for the SONY 70" XBR2 which stands about 16" high. It was a little too high for this 92 incher. Luckily, the couch I had was in need for a replacement, and so I got myself a new couch which stood up a little higher. It now has recliners as well :-) It was that or get a lower standing TV stand - which then would have messed up how my other components were all laid out, since the lack of height for the shelf region wouldn't have accommodated them all.

All worked out fine with the new couch ;-)
post #1661 of 1927
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm125 View Post

Is the Bell'o NT2147 stand too high?
Is there a preferred stand?

If you are interested, this was one of the stands I was looking at - Pacific 60 Espresso

It stands 18" with the legs, but I was thinking of not attaching the legs, and then it would be just about 12 1/4" high.
post #1662 of 1927
Quote:
Originally Posted by HT_Geek View Post

Some info on the 2012 lineup - Doesn't look like there are any revolutionary changes...

Mitsubishi Ships 2012 Rear-Projection TV Line

By Greg Tarr -- TWICE, 5/30/2012

Irvine, Calif. - Mitsubishi Electric Visual Solutions America recently began shipping its 2012 rear-projection FullHD DLP Home Cinema TV lineup.

The 11-model lineup encompasses four screen sizes: 73-, 75-, 82- and 92-inches, including two 92-inch models and four 82-inch models. The sets are assorted in five model series -- the entry C12, 642, 742, 842 and LaserVue L75-A96.

All but two entry-level models offer active-shutter 3D glasses capability. 3D glasses do not ship with any of the TVs, but are available for purchase at the Mitsubishi website. Mitsubishi's new flagship 3D DLP Home Cinema rear-projection set ships in June featuring a 92-inch screen size, FullHD 3D capability and StreamTV Internet connectivity at a $5,999 suggested retail."Consumers crave large-screen televisions that deliver the most immersive home entertainment experience available, which has made the large-screen TV market the fastest-growing TV segment," said Max Wasinger, executive VP, Mitsubishi Electric Visual Solutions America. "There is no question that ‘bigger is better,' so we're introducing large screens that give consumers an unmatched viewing experience for movies, sports, gaming and 3D content. As we maintain our size advantage in the television market, we've also built in more value and features for consumers who demand TVs with bigger screens and better sound at prices that meet their budget."

A distinct component of the lineup is Mitsubishi's next-generation 75-inch LaserVue FullHD 1080p rear-projection set that uses a laser lamp system for better color saturation, brighter pictures and a long-life light source, the company said.

Model L75-A96 (shipping later in June at a $5,999 suggested retail) also incorporates Mitsubishi's Cinema Color in HD and 3D and consumes less than 85 watts of power, which is below the 2012 Energy Star 5.3 requirement of 108 watts for the screen size class. A 3D emitter with DLP link and VESA jack are included.

Other features in the LaserVue model include a Clear Contrast Screen for decreased glare and improved black level performance, Mitsubishi's Cinema Color system, Plush1080p 56 12-bit video processor, super brilliant/brilliant/bright/natural/cinema and game mode picture settings, Deep Field Imager/EdgeEnhancement, Variable Smooth120 Film Motion frame-rate conversion with film dejudder, RS-232C over IP control, PerfectColor/PerfectTint circuitry, USB JPEG/MP3 media player, 3D Depth control, ISFccc advanced video calibration adjustments, and blue accent lighting.

The L75-A96 and models in the top two UHP-lamp-based DLP Home Cinema 842- and 742-series models this year include StreamTV Internet connectivity with access to more than 100 streaming apps from Mitsubishi and its partners.

These include instant access to online entertainment including Vudu HDX and 3D movie and TV content streaming and social media and other services, including Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and The New York Times.

The top-of-the-line 842 series models also add a new built-in Bluetooth RF transmitter to link with active-shutter 3D glasses, called FullHD 3D glasses.

The new and improved system is said to provide a seamless 3D experience while increasing the number of models and brands of active-shutter 3D glasses that can be used with the TV.

Mitsubishi explained that while the company does not currently sell Bluetooth glasses, the TV is compatible with RF FullHD 3D glasses, which includes all Samsung SSG-3xxx and Panasonic TYER3D4MU Bluetooth glasses.

"More Americans are enjoying 3D movies at home as more content becomes available and the experience becomes more affordable. Televisions with 3D and 3D eyewear are much more affordable now, and we're giving consumers who want to add that extra dimension to their home entertainment more options than ever," said James Chan, Mitsubishi Electric Visual Solutions America marketing VP.

Mitsubishi's Diamond 842 series also features the company's signature built-in 16-speaker immersive sound technology (IST).

The IST array includes a center channel mode, surround pre-outs and variable subwoofer outputs.

The line includes the 73-, 82- and 92-inch screen sizes, at suggested retails of $2,199, $3,599 and $5,999, respectively.

The flagship 92-inch model ships later in June and includes a Clear Contrast Screen.

The 742 3D DLP Home Cinema TV models offer FullHD 3D capability via a built-in 3D IR emitter and the aforementioned StreamTV, and include the 73- ($1,799 suggested retail), 82- ($3,099) and 92- ($4,999) screen sizes.

Other key features are iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad remote control app operation, and Remote PC Desktop-VNC Clear Contrast Screen (in the 92-inch model only).

The 642 series adds active-shutter 3D glasses technology and includes the 73-inch and 82-inch screen sizes at suggested retail prices of $1,599 and $2,599, respectively. Key 642-series features include 3D capability via an included 3D emitter (DLP link and VESA jack), three HDMI inputs, advanced video calibration system and 2D + Depth enhancement.

The entry C12 series is billed as "the most cost-efficient DLP Home Cinema TV in the line," offering large screens at a value price points. Models include the 73-inch and 82-inch screen size for suggested retails of $1,599 and $2,599, respectively.

Key features are brilliant, bright, natural and game picture setting modes; 120Hz refresh rates; Plush1080p video with 6-Color Processor; two HDMI inputs; and HDMI PC compatibility.

Question, does the current L75-A94 support true 120hz with de-juddering, or is it sub 120hz frame rate? After reading the description of the new L75-A96, it sounds like it will support true 120hz this time. Or maybe the 94 and 96 will have the same motion handling. Any thoughts?
post #1663 of 1927
Quote:
Originally Posted by JewDaddy View Post

Question, does the current L75-A94 support true 120hz with de-juddering, or is it sub 120hz frame rate? After reading the description of the new L75-A96, it sounds like it will support true 120hz this time. Or maybe the 94 and 96 will have the same motion handling. Any thoughts?

The actual specs for the L75-A94 are not listed yet. May have to wait for it to be out to know for sure.

But, given that the info about the 120Hz frame rate was mentioned at the bottom of the press release, and it sounded like a common feature across all the models that were talked about; Looking at the specs for the WD-92842 which is listed on Mitsubishi's site now - it is listed as 120Hz Sub-Frame Rate.
post #1664 of 1927
Quote:
Originally Posted by HT_Geek View Post

The actual specs for the L75-A94 are not listed yet. May have to wait for it to be out to know for sure.

But, given that the info about the 120Hz frame rate was mentioned at the bottom of the press release, and it sounded like a common feature across all the models that were talked about; Looking at the specs for the WD-92842 which is listed on Mitsubishi's site now - it is listed as 120Hz Sub-Frame Rate.

Actually the press release has it is listed as "120Hz refresh rate" not frame rate or sub-frame rate. 120Hz Sub-frame rate would be 120Hz refresh rate. The refresh is each time you change the screen. Each sub-frame is a change. In the old interlaced CRT days, a refresh was between each "field" which would be 60Hz. The frame rate was 30Hz but the screen refreshed between each field not each frame.
post #1665 of 1927
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEP View Post

Actually the press release has it is listed as "120Hz refresh rate" not frame rate or sub-frame rate. 120Hz Sub-frame rate would be 120Hz refresh rate. The refresh is each time you change the screen. Each sub-frame is a change. In the old interlaced CRT days, a refresh was between each "field" which would be 60Hz. The frame rate was 30Hz but the screen refreshed between each field not each frame.

I guess what I'm really curious about is whether or not the Laservue handles motion better than the 840 and 740 series and also if it handles 3d any better? I've read a few different comments that the 3d on the 840 series isn't up to par with some of the better led's and plasmas. Are you pretty much just paying for a laser light that doesn't require you to replace a bulb later or is there more to it than that? Thanks
post #1666 of 1927
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEP View Post

Actually the press release has it is listed as "120Hz refresh rate" not frame rate or sub-frame rate.

True. I was just going by the specs for the WD-92842 which is now up on Mitsubishi's site which lists it as sub-frame rate - http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/tv/WD-92842/specifications
post #1667 of 1927
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm125 View Post

Is the Bell'o NT2147 stand too high?
Is there a preferred stand?

This is the stand I used for mine. Very satisfied w/ it. http://www.thesimpletvstandstore.com...-tv-stand.aspx
post #1668 of 1927
Quote:
Originally Posted by HT_Geek View Post

Some info on the 2012 lineup - Doesn't look like there are any revolutionary changes...




Mitsubishi Ships 2012 Rear-Projection TV Line

By Greg Tarr -- TWICE, 5/30/2012

Irvine, Calif. - Mitsubishi Electric Visual Solutions America recently began shipping its 2012 rear-projection FullHD DLP Home Cinema TV lineup.

The 11-model lineup encompasses four screen sizes: 73-, 75-, 82- and 92-inches, including two 92-inch models and four 82-inch models. The sets are assorted in five model series -- the entry C12, 642, 742, 842 and LaserVue L75-A96.

All but two entry-level models offer active-shutter 3D glasses capability. 3D glasses do not ship with any of the TVs, but are available for purchase at the Mitsubishi website. Mitsubishi's new flagship 3D DLP Home Cinema rear-projection set ships in June featuring a 92-inch screen size, FullHD 3D capability and StreamTV Internet connectivity at a $5,999 suggested retail."Consumers crave large-screen televisions that deliver the most immersive home entertainment experience available, which has made the large-screen TV market the fastest-growing TV segment," said Max Wasinger, executive VP, Mitsubishi Electric Visual Solutions America. "There is no question that ‘bigger is better,' so we're introducing large screens that give consumers an unmatched viewing experience for movies, sports, gaming and 3D content. As we maintain our size advantage in the television market, we've also built in more value and features for consumers who demand TVs with bigger screens and better sound at prices that meet their budget."

A distinct component of the lineup is Mitsubishi's next-generation 75-inch LaserVue FullHD 1080p rear-projection set that uses a laser lamp system for better color saturation, brighter pictures and a long-life light source, the company said.

Model L75-A96 (shipping later in June at a $5,999 suggested retail) also incorporates Mitsubishi's Cinema Color in HD and 3D and consumes less than 85 watts of power, which is below the 2012 Energy Star 5.3 requirement of 108 watts for the screen size class. A 3D emitter with DLP link and VESA jack are included.

Other features in the LaserVue model include a Clear Contrast Screen for decreased glare and improved black level performance, Mitsubishi's Cinema Color system, Plush1080p 56 12-bit video processor, super brilliant/brilliant/bright/natural/cinema and game mode picture settings, Deep Field Imager/EdgeEnhancement, Variable Smooth120 Film Motion frame-rate conversion with film dejudder, RS-232C over IP control, PerfectColor/PerfectTint circuitry, USB JPEG/MP3 media player, 3D Depth control, ISFccc advanced video calibration adjustments, and blue accent lighting.

The L75-A96 and models in the top two UHP-lamp-based DLP Home Cinema 842- and 742-series models this year include StreamTV Internet connectivity with access to more than 100 streaming apps from Mitsubishi and its partners.

These include instant access to online entertainment including Vudu HDX and 3D movie and TV content streaming and social media and other services, including Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and The New York Times.

The top-of-the-line 842 series models also add a new built-in Bluetooth RF transmitter to link with active-shutter 3D glasses, called FullHD 3D glasses.

The new and improved system is said to provide a seamless 3D experience while increasing the number of models and brands of active-shutter 3D glasses that can be used with the TV.

Mitsubishi explained that while the company does not currently sell Bluetooth glasses, the TV is compatible with RF FullHD 3D glasses, which includes all Samsung SSG-3xxx and Panasonic TYER3D4MU Bluetooth glasses.

"More Americans are enjoying 3D movies at home as more content becomes available and the experience becomes more affordable. Televisions with 3D and 3D eyewear are much more affordable now, and we're giving consumers who want to add that extra dimension to their home entertainment more options than ever," said James Chan, Mitsubishi Electric Visual Solutions America marketing VP.

Mitsubishi's Diamond 842 series also features the company's signature built-in 16-speaker immersive sound technology (IST).

The IST array includes a center channel mode, surround pre-outs and variable subwoofer outputs.

The line includes the 73-, 82- and 92-inch screen sizes, at suggested retails of $2,199, $3,599 and $5,999, respectively.

The flagship 92-inch model ships later in June and includes a Clear Contrast Screen.

The 742 3D DLP Home Cinema TV models offer FullHD 3D capability via a built-in 3D IR emitter and the aforementioned StreamTV, and include the 73- ($1,799 suggested retail), 82- ($3,099) and 92- ($4,999) screen sizes.

Other key features are iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad remote control app operation, and Remote PC Desktop-VNC Clear Contrast Screen (in the 92-inch model only).

The 642 series adds active-shutter 3D glasses technology and includes the 73-inch and 82-inch screen sizes at suggested retail prices of $1,599 and $2,599, respectively. Key 642-series features include 3D capability via an included 3D emitter (DLP link and VESA jack), three HDMI inputs, advanced video calibration system and 2D + Depth enhancement.

The entry C12 series is billed as "the most cost-efficient DLP Home Cinema TV in the line," offering large screens at a value price points. Models include the 73-inch and 82-inch screen size for suggested retails of $1,599 and $2,599, respectively.

Key features are brilliant, bright, natural and game picture setting modes; 120Hz refresh rates; Plush1080p video with 6-Color Processor; two HDMI inputs; and HDMI PC compatibility.

What exactly is the Clear Contrast Screen?? Is that included on the 92840?
Are there any really significant differences in the 840 and the 842?
post #1669 of 1927
Quote:
Originally Posted by shigalosis View Post

What exactly is the Clear Contrast Screen?? Is that included on the 92840?
Are there any really significant differences in the 840 and the 842?

The 840 does have the Clear Contrast Screen. It is supposed to reduce ambient light and produce deeper blacks and brighter whites.

From comparing the spec sheets of the 840 and the 842 for the 92", the only difference I could tell is that the 842 is compatible with Full HD 3D Glasses and which are RF as opposed to IR for the 840.
post #1670 of 1927
Quote:
Originally Posted by HT_Geek View Post

18" is too high. I think the ideal would be around 12" to 13".

As DRaven72 said, you can get a higher standing couch or add raisers to the feet of your couch.

I have a stand that was made for the SONY 70" XBR2 which stands about 16" high. It was a little too high for this 92 incher. Luckily, the couch I had was in need for a replacement, and so I got myself a new couch which stood up a little higher. It now has recliners as well :-) It was that or get a lower standing TV stand - which then would have messed up how my other components were all laid out, since the lack of height for the shelf region wouldn't have accommodated them all.

All worked out fine with the new couch ;-)

my eyes are 40" above the floor and with the Bell'o stand the center of the TV would be 45.5" above the floor...so I'm 5" below center...is this a big deal?
post #1671 of 1927
anyone deal with Buy Best Displays?

they are authorized dealer and seem to have the lowest prices with free ship

http://buybestdisplays.com/AboutUs.aspx
post #1672 of 1927
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm125 View Post

my eyes are 40" above the floor and with the Bell'o stand the center of the TV would be 45.5" above the floor...so I'm 5" below center...is this a big deal?

What I used to notice was, when I sat down, the top edge of the screen is a little faded out. You notice it more when you have been standing in front of the TV and then you sit down. You grow into it very quickly though. With widescreen movies with black bars - that doesn't even come into play.

Increasing the height, greatly reduced the faded out effect on the top edge of the screen.
post #1673 of 1927
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm125 View Post

anyone deal with Buy Best Displays?

they are authorized dealer and seem to have the lowest prices with free ship

http://buybestdisplays.com/AboutUs.aspx

I've never heard of them but their price on the L75-A94 seems to be alot higher than most other websites.
post #1674 of 1927
Quote:
Originally Posted by HT_Geek View Post

The 840 does have the Clear Contrast Screen. It is supposed to reduce ambient light and produce deeper blacks and brighter whites.

From comparing the spec sheets of the 840 and the 842 for the 92", the only difference I could tell is that the 842 is compatible with Full HD 3D Glasses and which are RF as opposed to IR for the 840.

Does the 2011 WD-92840 have the same Clear Contrast Screen?
post #1675 of 1927
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm125 View Post

Does the 2011 WD-92840 have the same Clear Contrast Screen?

The 840 is the 2011 model. The 2012 models are 842, and Yes, the 2011 WD-92840 does have the Clear Contrast Screen.
post #1676 of 1927
Quote:
Originally Posted by HT_Geek View Post

The 840 is the 2011 model. The 2012 models are 842, and Yes, the 2011 WD-92840 does have the Clear Contrast Screen.

Since I'm not interested in 3D RF...there's no need to pay more for the 2012 model?
post #1677 of 1927
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm125 View Post

Since I'm not interested in 3D RF...there's no need to pay more for the 2012 model?

The 2011/840 model is also a 3D model.

I know with the new model they are supporting RF as well as greater compatibility with other 3D glasses, so now, you can use glasses that are compatible with Samsung - for example.

I'm not sure if by FullHD they mean that it is now 1080 for both eyes, and that the 840 wasn't...?

But - to your question - I don't think you will be missing on anything significant by going with the 2011/840 model. It's an AWESOME TV :-)
post #1678 of 1927
Quote:
Originally Posted by HT_Geek View Post


The 2011/840 model is also a 3D model.

I know with the new model they are supporting RF as well as greater compatibility with other 3D glasses, so now, you can use glasses that are compatible with Samsung - for example.

I'm not sure if by FullHD they mean that it is now 1080 for both eyes, and that the 840 wasn't...?

But - to your question - I don't think you will be missing on anything significant by going with the 2011/840 model. It's an AWESOME TV :-)

There has to be more than that right? Does anyone think the overall 2D and 3D picture quality will be improved, as well as motion handling and color? I would hope they're just not adding a couple new features and calling it a new tv...
post #1679 of 1927
Quote:
Originally Posted by JewDaddy View Post

There has to be more than that right? Does anyone think the overall 2D and 3D picture quality will be improved, as well as motion handling and color? I would hope they're just not adding a couple new features and calling it a new tv...

I know - it's bizarre. Comparing the spec sheets, it's identical to the Tee, except for the RF capability for the glasses and terming them FullHD.

I'm happy my TV is not obsolete, but still... quite bizarre...
post #1680 of 1927
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm125 View Post

my eyes are 40" above the floor and with the Bell'o stand the center of the TV would be 45.5" above the floor...so I'm 5" below center...is this a big deal?

i have the Bell'O stand, and honestly - it's not that big a deal. the viewing angles both side to side and up and down are pretty darned uniform. i might add some small risers to our couches, but for the most part, it hasn't bothered me much at all. the rainbow effect bothers me more, and that's just something i'll have to learn to tune out.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rear Projection Units
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Rear Projection Units › 92" Mitsubishi DLP @ CES!!!