I have to add that I use also mediaplayer - there are some player like the iconbit or the 3D-Prodigy, that are able to playback MVC-based 3D-Blu-ray (I tend to use the wording "MVC-based 3D-Blu-ray, since then it should be clear what we are talking about - on the other side are the structures based on the AVCHD 3D standard).
Well, I think the confusion derives from a lot of facts:
- the standard was not communiated well
- the 3D-BD-player does not show in a clear documentation which one supports AVCHD 3D and which one not.
- there is still no workflow well documented about how to generate these AVCHD 3D based BDs.
Why do we discuss that in the TD1 thread? For three reasons I think:
- it is simply wrong to discuss that here.
- beside some hardware BD-players we got not some NLEs that are able BOTH to edit TD1 footage, but offer also the AVCHD 3D output.
- since the TD1 user have not the workflow open based on Vegas, what would allow to come up with MVC-based 3D-BDs, it is even more important for the TD1 users to be aware of what AVCHD 3D can offer to them.
Maybe it would be a good idea to open another thread for that.