or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Display Calibration › New AccuPel owner and product
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New AccuPel owner and product

post #1 of 50
Thread Starter 
Accupel, LLC has been acquired by Display Calibrations, LLC--the company responsible for ChromaPure video calibration software.

A new version of the popular AccuPel video test pattern generator will be available soon.

See the official press release at

http://www.chromapure.com/AccuPelPressRelease.pdf
post #2 of 50
Tom:

Congratulations on taking your business to the next level...that said, can you please explain the differences between the 4000 and the 5000 [i.e. i) what will the 5000 have that the 4000 does not have and ii) what will the 5000 not have that the 4000 has]...

Thanks so much...
post #3 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelc View Post

Tom:

Congratulations on taking your business to the next level...that said, can you please explain the differences between the 4000 and the 5000 [i.e. i) what will the 5000 have that the 4000 does not have and ii) what will the 5000 not have that the 4000 has]...

Thanks so much...

Go here and select Compare Accupel Models near the bottom of the page.
post #4 of 50
Tom,
Will the new AccuPel pattern generator be supported by ChromaPure standard?
post #5 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post

Go here and select Compare Accupel Models near the bottom of the page.

Thank you so very much...
post #6 of 50
Congratulations to Tom and to Greg Rogers!

Hopefully this frees Greg up for some more reviews.
post #7 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawguy View Post

Congratulations to Tom and to Greg Rogers!

Hopefully this frees Greg up for some more reviews.

It will after I wrap up work on Tom's DVG-5000.
post #8 of 50
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron Mover View Post
Will the new AccuPel pattern generator be supported by ChromaPure standard?
I am reviewing ChromaPure licensing policies regarding AccuPel support. Stay tuned.
post #9 of 50
Kinda off-topic but is the DTP-94 being discontinued for Chromapure users? The CurtPalme site says currently not available and the Chromapure site shows a error page when I click on the DTP-94 link. If it is being discontinued, any reason why?
post #10 of 50
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

Kinda off-topic but is the DTP-94 being discontinued for Chromapure users? The CurtPalme site says currently not available and the Chromapure site shows a error page when I click on the DTP-94 link. If it is being discontinued, any reason why?

Yep. It was becoming harder and harder to get stock and there are new products that will shortly be released that make it obsolete.
post #11 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHuffman View Post

Yep. It was becoming harder and harder to get stock and there are new products that will shortly be released that make it obsolete.

So, a new meter in that price range will be offered soon?
post #12 of 50
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

So, a new meter in that price range will be offered soon?

Yes.
post #13 of 50
Hi Tom,

I need to get all the information and software for my HDG-4000. Long story short I had a hard drive failure and lost the files. I need the driver, manual, RS-232 info, etc... I used to have Greg's phone number in my phone, but my phone also died the other day so I have lost his number

It says that the HDG-4000 will be supported by ChromaPure, but I can't find any files or other support info on the ChromaPure web page yet, and the Accupel page is already gone. Could you please send me a link to the 4000 stuff or alert Greg to this thread so that he can help me with the files? I don't even have his email anymore.

Regards,
craigr
post #14 of 50
Craig,
I have everything you need and could easily e-mail it to you if you like.

Don
post #15 of 50
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIR-Engineering View Post

It says that the HDG-4000 will be supported by ChromaPure, but I can't find any files or other support info on the ChromaPure web page yet, and the Accupel page is already gone.

I have added all of the HDG-4000 support files to the ChromaPure site. Please contact me for all AccuPel-related issues. Greg will continue to work on the product behind the scenes, but he will no longer be available for AccuPel support.
post #16 of 50
Thanks all I now have all the files again.

And I am glad to see you have added HDG-4000 support to the ChromaPure web page.

Kind regards,
craigr
post #17 of 50
Hello Tom, I have been looking into picking up a better meter/software package home use only, I'm eager to learn more about the new meters/products you refer to. Are you able to provide any additional information? Like model numbers, specs or expected release dates and if Chromapure will work with them right away.

Thanks.
post #18 of 50
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CpuZapper333 View Post

Hello Tom, I have been looking into picking up a better meter/software package home use only, I'm eager to learn more about the new meters/products you refer to. Are you able to provide any additional information? Like model numbers, specs or expected release dates and if Chromapure will work with them right away.

See PM.
post #19 of 50
Thread Starter 
Documentation for the DVG-5000 has been posted.
post #20 of 50
I will probably have to get the 5000 when it's released

craigr
post #21 of 50
Free updates are available for the AccuPel DVG-5000 Owners (New Version 4/29/12)


You may download a firmware update for the DVG-5000 that adds two new test patterns, a color clipping pattern and a new version of the precision pluge that uses five 2-step bars (6-26) in addition to the original pattern that uses five 1-step bars (11-21). We also now offer a standalone application from which you can access all of the Accupel test patterns and custom colors. You can also use this application to output 10-bit video. This allows for much more finely defined custom colors (64-940 vs. 16-235) than available with 8-bit video.

See the Support tab on the AccuPel page for details.

DVG-5000 Desktop v2.3 (New Version 4/27/12)

Free PC and Mac programs to operate the AccuPel DVG-5000 Digital Video Generator from your computer desktop. This program also allows you to directly enter your own 10-bit video color and grayscale values, or enter 8-bit values in percent.

post #22 of 50
Good catch, Ted.
post #23 of 50
very good stuff. These 2 developments should be posted on Facebook too.
post #24 of 50
Thanks Ted. You're always one step ahead of the rest of us. Appreciate your contributions here.
post #25 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post

Free updates are available for the AccuPel DVG-5000 Owners (New Version 4/29/12)

See the Support tab on the AccuPel page for details.

DVG-5000 Desktop v2.3 (New Version 4/27/12)

Free PC and Mac programs to operate the AccuPel DVG-5000 Digital Video Generator from your computer desktop. This program also allows you to directly enter your own 10-bit video color and grayscale values, or enter 8-bit values in percent.


I'll be updating the DVG-5000 Desktop program for Mac and PC with additional features over time. So if there is something in particular you would like to see included you can let me know here. However, this program is not primarily aimed at calibration, but rather as a tool so that engineers developing displays and processors can operate the DVG-5000 while sitting at their computers. So priority will be placed on adding features helpful to that application.
post #26 of 50
Thread Starter 
In fact, Greg has already updated it.

1. Pattern history lists can be saved & opened as files.
2. Previous history list is automatically restored when re-opening the DVG-5000 Desktop.
3. Direct entry of 8-bit custom color and grayscale values in addition to direct entry of 10-bit custom values.
4. Delete All button added for History list. (This was added because it's useful with the other added history features.

The ability to save and reopen lists of patterns is an important increase in functionality.
post #27 of 50
Impossible to install a white screen and then nothing !

post #28 of 50
How much, if any, of this will work with the DVG-4000?
post #29 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citation4444 View Post

How much, if any, of this will work with the DVG-4000?

I'm guessing you mean the HDG-4000. It only works with the DVG-5000 and the DVG-5000 firmware must be updated to the current version (available on the AccuPel webpage). It will run in a demo mode just to show the interface and functions otherwise.
post #30 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2c View Post

Impossible to install a white screen and then nothing !

I don't know what the problem might be. It has been tested on Win XP, Win 7, and Macs. I just downloaded a copy from the webpage and ran it, so the file on the webpage isn't corrupted. Have you tried downloading another copy? Is there a dialog box behind that white window (assuming you can get it out of the way)?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Display Calibration
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Display Calibration › New AccuPel owner and product