or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official 70"+ LCD thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official 70"+ LCD thread - Page 4

post #91 of 1421
Quote:
Originally Posted by irkuck View Post


Infinia is LG brand and LG is using own panels for flagship models. Samsung is their bloody competitor, it is a battle of Korean giants.

Sorry I meant NuVision, not infinia, lol.must have had LG on the brain but sjows i already forgot the NuVision name so not worth paying even more then the samsung.

Also i do t know what the magnolia rep was talking about because thr nuvision 65" doesnt even look 3d so its proba ly thr sam un65c6500 panel
http://www.nuvision.com/fx5.aspx

And the biggest 3d tv nuvision has is still 55" so bleh.
post #92 of 1421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quatre View Post

Sorry I meant NuVision, not infinia, lol.must have had LG on the brain but sjows i already forgot the NuVision name so not worth paying even more then the samsung.

Also i do t know what the magnolia rep was talking about because thr nuvision 65" doesnt even look 3d so its proba ly thr sam un65c6500 panel
http://www.nuvision.com/fx5.aspx

And the biggest 3d tv nuvision has is still 55" so bleh.

I believe NuVision is a custom installer of panels but they don't build glass. In the past they contracted their 65" Glass from Sharp not Samsung - Samsung can't get enough production for themselves of the 65" so it's unlikely others are rebadging what's in short supply for themselves unless they have switched to AUO out of Taiwan who will be providing many manufacturers their 65" glass unless Sharps Patent infringement lawsuit (filed Monday) brings them to a halt for importing to US.

Sharp has filed these patent lawsuits several times in the past including Samsung in 2009 and won many of them and the lawsuit rebadging from AUO includes LG, Haier, Vizio and others using the AUO panels. I'm pretty certain the NuVision 65" carries Sharp Glass as the partnership was discussed on this forum a few years ago just as Olevia 65" was also using Sharp until they slipped into bankruptcy.
post #93 of 1421
Quote:
Originally Posted by westa6969 View Post

I believe NuVision is a custom installer of panels but they don't build glass. In the past they contracted their 65" Glass from Sharp not Samsung - Samsung can't get enough production for themselves of the 65" so it's unlikely others are rebadging what's in short supply for themselves unless they have switched to AUO out of Taiwan who will be providing many manufacturers their 65" glass unless Sharps Patent infringement lawsuit (filed Monday) brings them to a halt for importing to US.

Sharp has filed these patent lawsuits several times in the past including Samsung in 2009 and won many of them and the lawsuit rebadging from AUO includes LG, Haier, Vizio and others using the AUO panels. I'm pretty certain the NuVision 65" carries Sharp Glass as the partnership was discussed on this forum a few years ago just as Olevia 65" was also using Sharp until they slipped into bankruptcy.

The point is that NuVision is trying to establish itself as a superior product line and can't begin to bring enough advanced technology to justify their price.

Their last review was in the Rob Report, and if you know anything about the Rob Report, the target audience are those who don't have to ask the price of what they like. In a 2008 review in Sound&Vision, the problems were hard to believe, that's how bad one aspect was.

"But I did have to play with the brightness (black-level) control often on different program material to find the right balance between deep blacks and shadow detail. The TV looked better overall at its default brightness setting, which delivered a punchy, contrasty picture but crushed the shadows somewhat."
post #94 of 1421
My dad actually got a Hitachi 83" TV for last year's super bowl. It's a projection though. They don't have non projection that big yet. Thing is awesome.
post #95 of 1421
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futureyes View Post
My dad actually got a Hitachi 83" TV for last year's super bowl. It's a projection though. They don't have non projection that big yet. Thing is awesome.
Not so long ago one could hear '70"+ projection is awesome, they don't have non projection that big yet'.
post #96 of 1421
There's always the 103" and 85" panny if $ is not an issue
post #97 of 1421
So I have not read thru this thread since my last visit a bit ago,,,, am I correct that there are still no release dates for any 70"+ panels yet and no prices yet ?

Cheers
Davyo
post #98 of 1421
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo View Post

So I have not read thru this thread since my last visit a bit ago,,,, am I correct that there are still no release dates for any 70"+ panels yet and no prices yet ?

Cheers
Davyo

To help ppl like you, thread starter message is updated. Go there to Sharp and Sharp rep confirming.....
post #99 of 1421
Thread Starter 
Information about LG 72 incher from the LG lineup show in EUrope:

LG's LZ9700 will only be available in massive 72 inches. It has LED local dimming, 3D and 400/480 Hz but not the Nano technology.

LED local dimming

3D (active 3D)

Smart TV with NetCast & web browser

400/480 Hz TruMotion

DLNA

Magic Wand remote

Wi-Fi Ready

Wireless AV Link

LZ9700 will be available in May/June 2011 in 72 inches called 72LZ9700.

The TV has 240 zones.

Really bad news is that it has glass front and the glass on all models is not changed from last year. Meaning huge reflections.
LG claims that Nano tech effectively eliminates problems with banding, clouding, nonuniform backlight. Since 72" is not Nano these problems are not excluded.
post #100 of 1421
Which company is most likely to have the cheapest 70-inch LCD in 2011 and 2012?
post #101 of 1421
Assuming it ships, Sharp's will the cheapest. It will very likely be the only one easy to find anyway.
post #102 of 1421
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

Assuming it ships, Sharp's will the cheapest. It will very likely be the only one easy to find anyway.

Any news if these units and/or any of the new 70+ panels for this year will have AR coating on the glass?

Thx,
post #103 of 1421
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by portony View Post

Any news if these units and/or any of the new 70+ panels for this year will have AR coating on the glass?
Thx,

Good question. LG 72 incher is unlikely to have it since it has last year LX series glass. Sharp unknown at this time. Samsung 75 incher is not yet fully confirmed to come this year.
post #104 of 1421
any idea when sharp 70 and release date will be confirmed, also have heard contradicting info, is lower model 240 HZ ?
post #105 of 1421
The lower end Sharp is 120 Hz. The higher end one is 240 Hz.
post #106 of 1421
Received this google alert today for the cheaper 70" Sharp LCD:

http://www.pcsuperstore.com/products...C70LE732U.html
post #107 of 1421
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo View Post
So I have not read thru this thread since my last visit a bit ago,,,, am I correct that there are still no release dates for any 70"+ panels yet and no prices yet ?

Cheers
Davyo
We got the price on the LG, its not cheap !!
post #108 of 1421
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb4all View Post

Received this google alert today for the cheaper 70" Sharp LCD:

http://www.pcsuperstore.com/products...C70LE732U.html

The link does not want to open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

We got the price on the LG, its not cheap !!

Thanks Chris,,,, I will go over to your website and see if its posted.

Cheers
Davyo
post #109 of 1421
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo View Post


The link does not want to open.

Thanks Chris,,,, I will go over to your website and see if its posted.

Cheers
Davyo

You can find them on the website under TVs > Sharp > Sort from highest to lowest price. It will be the 11th product down.
post #110 of 1421
Does anyone know whether LC-70LE935U will have better AR coating then LC-70LE732U? I am paranoid about glossy screens now that I bought 65" Panasonic VT25... but with my room being super bright, it had to go back.
post #111 of 1421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

We got the price on the LG, its not cheap !!

Just checked the price, damn!!! For that price I would expect to at least get LG's newer Nano tech.

I guess LG isn't really looking to hit mass market on this 1st gen of 72". LG needs to get below $5k to really sell volume; and again - it should have the nano tech.
post #112 of 1421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

We got the price on the LG, its not cheap !!

I just checked the price on your website.....not cheap at all....wow.

Boys and girls if any of you had thoughts of actually buying this TV you may want to start thinking about getting a second job.
post #113 of 1421
Thread Starter 
Its confirmed people: NO 75 incher from Samsung this year (in the Q/A part). Turns out the CES demo was another bullwastebomb. Only Sharp and LG are left in the 70"+ game.
post #114 of 1421
This is not unexpected. I wouldn't expect LG to mass market either but they always like to have ego launches. Am still waiting for their 31" OLED TV launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by specuvestor
Sharp has the only 10G LCD plant but with <60% utilization, while Sammy and LG are >90% utilized. Not much incentive for the Koreans to do large sizes unless they get much more $ per m2

If anyone can make big size economically RELATIVE to the rest it will be Sharp. For their sake they better hope there is a market for large TV.

As usual the Japanese will start the ball rolling but the Koreans and taiwanese will carry the baton. It's not a question of if, it's a question of when.
post #115 of 1421
I came across some metrics, which was a big surprise to me. So it appears that from all companies that actually make TVs only LG, Samsung and Sharp manufacture their own LCD panels?

http://www.isuppli.com/display-mater...roduction.aspx
LL
post #116 of 1421
Quote:
Originally Posted by irkuck View Post
Its confirmed people: NO 75 incher from Samsung this year (in the Q/A part). Turns out the CES demo was another bullwastebomb. Only Sharp and LG are left in the 70"+ game.
well lets not jump to this as of yet, as the 75" is the UN75D9500, the 9500 series is not listed thru the link........
post #117 of 1421
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
well lets not jump to this as of yet, as the 75" is the UN75D9500, the 9500 series is not listed thru the link........
The series is not listed but in the Q&A section the statement is:

Is the world biggest 75" TV shown at the CES going to become production model in 2011 sold somewhere in the world?

No, no plans at the moment.

This may mean a)nothing in 2011, b)plans for the whole year are not finalized yet and sets may appear later in H2/11, c) Samsung got so big they do not know what they are doing.

If something happens in 2011 news should come at the IFA Berlin in the beginning of September.
post #118 of 1421
Quote:
Originally Posted by irkuck View Post
The series is not listed but in the Q&A section the statement is:

Is the world biggest 75" TV shown at the CES going to become production model in 2011 sold somewhere in the world?

No, no plans at the moment.

This may mean a)nothing in 2011, b)plans for the whole year are not finalized yet and sets may appear later in H2/11, c) Samsung got so big they do not know what they are doing.

If something happens in 2011 news should come at the IFA Berlin in the beginning of September.
I wouldn't count on much with IFA since it was IFA 2010 they announced the 70" Samsung and then again in Asia in November and yet there is no 70" to be found and Samsung can barely kick out the 65" at high end consumer pricing, just think what they'd price a 75" at. I still say the 75" was more of a concept panel to counter LG's 72" their natural Rival in Korea.
post #119 of 1421
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by westa6969 View Post

I wouldn't count on much with IFA since it was IFA 2010 they announced the 70" Samsung and then again in Asia in November and yet there is no 70" to be found and Samsung can barely kick out the 65" at high end consumer pricing, just think what they'd price a 75" at. I still say the 75" was more of a concept panel to counter LG's 72" their natural Rival in Korea.

Optimistically taking it already has its product number UN75D9500.
post #120 of 1421
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official 70"+ LCD thread