I've been reading various threads here for a long time without ever posting, and lately, I've been following the various 3D-XL threads on this forum (since about October). Over the last few months, and I have seen Icester repeat this warming about the DLP Link synchro problem many times in various threads. So, if it's not too presumptuous for a new member to ask, I was wondering if we can settle this once and for all.
RDJAM, in that interest, if you don't mind, can you all please answer the following questions per your hands-on experience with the 3D-XL?
ICESTER, if you don't mind, please do the same from whatever you've been told or read from reliable sources.
Also, others, I would like to have your answer also; however, please, I don't want to read anyone's opinions of what SHOULD work what way or what should not work another. I'd appreciate if only people who have a reliable and qualified source for their assertions would respond. No offense to anyone intended in that, and I'm obviously no one to make demands. LOL. Rather, this is just a humble request. Please be thorough in your answers. I think this might be helpful to a lot of readers.
First, this may seem unnecessary to say, but please keep in mind that I'm asking these questions from the perspective of using one 3D-XL with one projector, a pair of shutter glasses, and NO PC, watching content directly from Blu-Ray players, PS3's, and 3d sat boxes (without an HTPC).
1. Does the problem with the DLP Link's syncro and/or left-right inversion (i.e., "pseudo-stereo" picture) only occur upon the beginning of a new viewing session and/or source material, or does it just randomly happen off and on during a given session (e.g., movie) after you've already corrected the inversion at the beginning of the session?
2. As a practical example for question 1, assuming that you are using the HD66 projector, which is apparently a popular choice, is the problem resolved by simply pressing the invert button on the remote at the beginning of a given session when you detect a pseudo-stereo picture? I ask this quesion at the risk of being redundant because Icester used the term "random" in describing the occurrence of the pseudo-stereo problem.
3. What other problems exist for watching Blu-ray movies with the 3D-XL?
4. Icester, are you in any way affiliated with any competitor of Optoma or any entity who makes or sells a competing product?
5. Do you sell, plan to sell, or are you affiliated with any entity who sells or plans to sell IR emitters, IR glasses, Nvidia products, or any other device or system that allegedly resolves the problems you (Icester) have mentioned in reference to the 3D-XL?
6. One more question that does not relate to Icester's comments: if I bought an HD66 in late December, will I need any firmware updates to watch 3D Blu-rays via the 3D-XL from a 3D Blu-ray player and/or DirecTV and/or play 3D games on a PS3.
7. A question specifically for Rdjam: In your experience with the 3D-XL, have you noticed any of the problems Icester has mentioned, and if so, what is the resolution?
THANK YOU in advance for any answered rendered.