or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › The Lord Of The Rings Extended
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Lord Of The Rings Extended - Page 161

post #4801 of 5570
Wasn't asking someone to do research on my behalf. Just asking a simple question thinking that an AVS member that's kept up with this issue would be friendly enough to give a brief yet definitive reply...
post #4802 of 5570
AFAIK, no, he hasn't actually make a statement.
post #4803 of 5570
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJ View Post

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time you saw it in theaters?

Like that matters. Trust me, it wasn't that green in the theaters.
post #4804 of 5570
My Fellowship EE looks fine on my calibrated Sony 46NX720. I got my set for Christmas so it was purchased at end of November/early December through Amazon.
post #4805 of 5570
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFank View Post

My Fellowship EE looks fine on my calibrated Sony 46NX720. I got my set for Christmas so it was purchased at end of November/early December through Amazon.

You may think it looks fine, but in all likelihood it is not. If you can post screen captures, I think you'll end up disappointed. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...
post #4806 of 5570
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFank View Post

My Fellowship EE looks fine on my calibrated Sony 46NX720. I got my set for Christmas so it was purchased at end of November/early December through Amazon.

It looks "fine" to your eyes. Good for you. Unfortunately, that doesn`t help the rest of us. And it doesn`t help the fact that I`ll never purchase a film from Warner Brothers or Peter Jackson again.
post #4807 of 5570
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebEffect View Post

It looks "fine" to your eyes. Good for you. Unfortunately, that doesn`t help the rest of us. And it doesn`t help the fact that I`ll never purchase a film from Warner Brothers or Peter Jackson again.

Wait...I'm sorry...what? Given all the stellar WB releases, you will never purchase one again?
post #4808 of 5570
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebEffect View Post

It looks "fine" to your eyes. Good for you. Unfortunately, that doesn`t help the rest of us. And it doesn`t help the fact that I`ll never purchase a film from Warner Brothers or Peter Jackson again.

Really?
post #4809 of 5570
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.kingsley View Post

You may think it looks fine, but in all likelihood it is not. If you can post screen captures, I think you'll end up disappointed. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

Actually he probably neglected to mention that his copy of Fellowship is on DVD, so it really is fine
post #4810 of 5570
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctober205 View Post

Wait...I'm sorry...what? Given all the stellar WB releases, you will never purchase one again?

I`m offended with the way that not one but TWO consecutive Bluray releases of my favourite film of all time have been treated, and don`t see why I should reward them.
post #4811 of 5570
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebEffect View Post

I`m offended with the way that not one but TWO consecutive Bluray releases of my favourite film of all time have been treated, and don`t see why I should reward them.

Reward them? It's not a pet you present with a treat. Your decision though. I would much rather judge each release separately and decide if want to purchase or not. I can't really imagine a scenario where I would boycott a studio.
post #4812 of 5570
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebEffect View Post

I`m offended with the way that not one but TWO consecutive Bluray releases of my favourite film of all time have been treated, and don`t see why I should reward them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctober205 View Post

Reward them? It's not a pet you present with a treat. Your decision though. I would much rather judge each release separately and decide if want to purchase or not. I can't really imagine a scenario where I would boycott a studio.

wb has a consistent history of releasing substandard br transfers of their films.

while i would not endorse a blanket boycott on purchasing any br they release, i will follow the motto, please proceed with caution and purchase at your own risk.
post #4813 of 5570
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

wb has a consistent history of releasing substandard br transfers of their films.

while i would not endorse a blanket boycott on purchasing any br they release, i will follow the motto, please proceed with caution and purchase at your own risk.

WB own HBO, and HBO has put out some excellent blu ray releases.
post #4814 of 5570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viche View Post

Like that matters. Trust me, it wasn't that green in the theaters.

Of course it matters. If you have no memory of it other than to speculate what it should have been or what is was, why should I trust you about how it looked in theaters compared to the BD?
post #4815 of 5570
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

wb has a consistent history of releasing substandard br transfers of some of their films.

Fixed.
post #4816 of 5570
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJ View Post

Of course it matters. If you have no memory of it other than to speculate what it should have been or what is was, why should I trust you about how it looked in theaters compared to the BD?

If I were to tell you that I saw them last year or 10 years ago, you wouldn't trust me. I'm super sensitive to visuals that are off. I recently saw the blu-ray at a friends house and didn't want to watch any more. The darkness and green instantly set off alarms. The theater versions looked great. Either way, the green has pretty much been proven to exist in this thread. FIX IT JACKSON.
post #4817 of 5570
All you have to do is pop in the theatrical blu ray and then the EE and you can clearly see the difference.
post #4818 of 5570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

Fixed.

ok morph.

i can live with that
post #4819 of 5570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Mack View Post

All you have to do is pop in the theatrical blu ray and then the EE and you can clearly see the difference.

He made a claim about the original theatrical visuals in the theater not the differences in the two versions of the BD. No way I can buy his memory, 1 year or 10 year old or last months.
post #4820 of 5570
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebEffect View Post

It looks "fine" to your eyes. Good for you. Unfortunately, that doesn`t help the rest of us. And it doesn`t help the fact that I`ll never purchase a film from Warner Brothers or Peter Jackson again.

so besides obvious differences in picture quality, the colors are same as the ee dvd as blu-ray for me. thanks for telling me i can't see right.
post #4821 of 5570
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFank View Post

so besides obvious differences in picture quality, the colors are same as the ee dvd as blu-ray for me. thanks for telling me i can't see right.

Don't kill the messenger.

The following is a certifiable and proven fact:

Fellowship of the Ring is mostly consistent across the Theatrical DVD, Extended DVD, and Theatrical Blu-ray. The Extended Blu-ray has black crush and green tint - but is much sharper than the Theatrical Blu-ray thanks to the lack of DNR.

I would suggest (only a suggestion) that this thread be locked until there is real evidence of either A) Peter Jackson or the studio officially commenting on the change of color/contrast; B) a re-release that fixes said problems.

The past 100 pages are redundant with the same evidence, arguments, and personal attacks cycling over and over.
post #4822 of 5570
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJ View Post

He made a claim about the original theatrical visuals in the theater not the differences in the two versions of the BD. No way I can buy his memory, 1 year or 10 year old or last months.

I stand by my claim. Let's say your right though, and my memory or evaluation is incorrect, what's your point other than to niggle me.

Let this topic never die.
post #4823 of 5570
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJ View Post


He made a claim about the original theatrical visuals in the theater not the differences in the two versions of the BD. No way I can buy his memory, 1 year or 10 year old or last months.

I gotcha and you're right. I am only going off that nobody seemed to complain that The theatrical blu ray was off compared to The theater version so it's a good control subject.
post #4824 of 5570
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_danger View Post

Don't kill the messenger.

The following is a certifiable and proven fact:

Fellowship of the Ring is mostly consistent across the Theatrical DVD, Extended DVD, and Theatrical Blu-ray. The Extended Blu-ray has black crush and green tint - but is much sharper than the Theatrical Blu-ray thanks to the lack of DNR.

I would suggest (only a suggestion) that this thread be locked until there is real evidence of either A) Peter Jackson or the studio officially commenting on the change of color/contrast; B) a re-release that fixes said problems.

The past 100 pages are redundant with the same evidence, arguments, and personal attacks cycling over and over.

How is it a "certifiable proven fact" if like you have acknowledged above Peter Jackson or the Studio hasn't commented?

LOL, this cracks me up every time I see it. Why someone feels the need to end a discussion (on a discussion forum for Christ's sake) simply because he or she finds it redundant or uninteresting is hilarious.

If you aren't interested in the subject don't click on the link (only a suggestion)
post #4825 of 5570
Quote:
Originally Posted by RY35AN View Post

How is it a "certifiable proven fact" if like you have acknowledged above Peter Jackson or the Studio hasn't commented?

LOL, this cracks me up every time I see it. Why someone feels the need to end a discussion (on a discussion forum for Christ's sake) simply because he or she finds it redundant or uninteresting is hilarious.

If you aren't interested in the subject don't click on the link (only a suggestion)

Let's say the black crush and green tint are intended. That doesn't change the fact that they exist in this version, and not on others. The studio and/or Jackson commenting on it has nothing to do with that fact.
post #4826 of 5570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluescale View Post

Let's say the black crush and green tint are intended. That doesn't change the fact that they exist in this version, and not on others. The studio and/or Jackson commenting on it has nothing to do with that fact.

So, who has has certified it?

If some say that can't see it I would hardly call that a "proven certifiable fact"
post #4827 of 5570
Quote:
Originally Posted by RY35AN View Post

So, who has has certified it?

If some say that can't see it I would hardly call that a "proven certifiable fact"

Photoshop lies! Photoshop has an AGENDA! Keep fighting the man, RY35AN!
post #4828 of 5570
Quote:
Originally Posted by RY35AN View Post

So, who has has certified it?

If some say that can't see it I would hardly call that a "proven certifiable fact"

Look through this thread - the evidence is clearly posted. Look, I'm a firm believer that the reaction to this issue is overblown. That said, I can't deny the problem exists. People have taken color readings, screen captures, etc. I have yet to see 1 person who claims that the EE and Theatrical editions are the same post screen caps to prove the point. The same is not true for the other camp.
post #4829 of 5570
Quote:
Originally Posted by RY35AN View Post

How is it a "certifiable proven fact" if like you have acknowledged above Peter Jackson or the Studio hasn't commented?

LOL, this cracks me up every time I see it. Why someone feels the need to end a discussion (on a discussion forum for Christ's sake) simply because he or she finds it redundant or uninteresting is hilarious.

If you aren't interested in the subject don't click on the link (only a suggestion)

FOTR EE Blu-ray is crushed and green. One need not be able to see it subjectively to prove it's there objectively. Folks like you who deny the technical facts about the disc do nothing to help the situation. My suggestion to lock the thread was only in the interest of forum and its members. The nonstop bickering and misinformation does little to separate AVS from the countless other forums on the internet.
post #4830 of 5570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluescale View Post

Look through this thread - the evidence is clearly posted. Look, I'm a firm believer that the reaction to this issue is overblown. That said, I can't deny the problem exists. People have taken color readings, screen captures, etc. I have yet to see 1 person who claims that the EE and Theatrical editions are the same post screen caps to prove the point. The same is not true for the other camp.

Look, I'm not saying there isn't a slight green tint.

BUT, it's not to the degree some people are making it out to be.
I've watched my copy twice and have yet to be "pulled out of the movie", "shocked" "startled" or whatever other over exaggerated term people have used.

Some of the screen shots posted here look fairly similar to my copy and others are WAY off. I am not the only one who feels that this is the case either, plenty of people report not seeing it or are not bothered by it.

The real reason I posted a remark at all is because of the over reaction -

"I was at a friend's house and couldn't look at it anymore" etc..this leads people to believe that it's completely ruined and there's no reason to buy it, rent it and enjoy it.

This isn't true..it looks fantastic. 90% of people who watch it will not notice anything at all. UNTIL they come on here and read these over exaggerated remarks "it's a proven certifiable fact" etc.. and then they will be looking for something wrong because if they can't see it then there must be something wrong with them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Software
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › The Lord Of The Rings Extended