or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Pioneer Speakers Setup + BIC F12, My review: Best System for $1000 budget
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pioneer Speakers Setup + BIC F12, My review: Best System for $1000 budget - Page 2

post #31 of 93
Is there any concern with the short size of the 51's not being at ear level? I know other people have commented on this and was hoping you could provide some insight Maybe if you place a small platform under the towers to raise them up a few inches...?
post #32 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaw612 View Post

Is there any concern with the short size of the 51's not being at ear level? I know other people have commented on this and was hoping you could provide some insight Maybe if you place a small platform under the towers to raise them up a few inches...?

It's been done, check them out here.

Also if you're sitting a bit far from the TV you'll be kind of the same level that tweeters so I think you're fine.
post #33 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaw612 View Post

Is there any concern with the short size of the 51's not being at ear level? I know other people have commented on this and was hoping you could provide some insight Maybe if you place a small platform under the towers to raise them up a few inches...?

My bigger concern is the height of rear speakers. I slouch (slump) so deep into my big old favorite chair that the 33" tall towers put the tweeters over my head, reminding me to sit up straight. They're like a couple of skinny black mommies harping at me.
post #34 of 93
My biggest concern would be the one year warranty, as most speakers I've looked at carry a warranty of 5-8 years.
post #35 of 93
Are you still happy with your setup ?

Speakers ? Sub ? Reciever ?


I keep going round-n-round trying to put a surround system together and duplicating yours might just be the best/easiest way for me to go.

Where did you buy your speakers ? I can only find them at BB for 380 + tax..


Thank you,

Steve
post #36 of 93
Amazing looking setup. ^_^ I listened to the Pioneer Towers at Best Buy last time I was there and I was extremely impressed. They were next to much more expensive Klipsch and Polk Speakers and I honestly enjoyed their sound much more. They have a nice, warm, neutral sound to them that sounds great for music. (I didn't get a chance to hear them with a movie. ) lol

For those of you interested in buying a BIC F-12, Provantage has 232 in stock for ONLY $151.57!!!!! The downside is shipping is $30.95. lol But, that brings it to $182.52 which is one of the cheapest prices I've seen and Provantage is an extremely reputable, trustworthy place to buy from.

http://www.provantage.com/bic-america-f12~7BICA003.htm
post #37 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon24 View Post
Amazing looking setup. ^_^ I listened to the Pioneer Towers at Best Buy last time I was there and I was extremely impressed. They were next to much more expensive Klipsch and Polk Speakers and I honestly enjoyed their sound much more. They have a nice, warm, neutral sound to them that sounds great for music. (I didn't get a chance to hear them with a movie. ) lol

For those of you interested in buying a BIC F-12, Provantage has 232 in stock for ONLY $151.57!!!!! The downside is shipping is $30.95. lol But, that brings it to $182.52 which is one of the cheapest prices I've seen and Provantage is an extremely reputable, trustworthy place to buy from.

http://www.provantage.com/bic-america-f12~7BICA003.htm
ShopBLT is the best price... 181.77 shipped
http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop/...BT46359P.shtml
post #38 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrob425 View Post
ShopBLT is the best price... 181.77 shipped
http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop/...BT46359P.shtml
Was just giving an alternative since they are out of stock a lot of the time.

I said it was "one of the lowest prices" I've seen. I can't find shopblt.com right now for some reason? It keeps giving me a "page not found" and error messages even when I google it....Hmm....
post #39 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon24 View Post
Was just giving an alternative since they are out of stock a lot of the time.

I said it was "one of the lowest prices" I've seen. I can't find shopblt.com right now for some reason? It keeps giving me a "page not found" and error messages even when I google it....Hmm....
Its your computer causing the issue works perfectly for me and always has.... They have a great reputation in the Bic F12 thread and the question thread about them here
post #40 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon24 View Post

Was just giving an alternative since they are out of stock a lot of the time.

I said it was "one of the lowest prices" I've seen. I can't find shopblt.com right now for some reason? It keeps giving me a "page not found" and error messages even when I google it....Hmm....

just type in blt.com

or here is the link to the BIC subwoofer
http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop/...er_id=!ORDERID!
post #41 of 93
Hmm, it's working now. I kept getting errors from my Comcast ISP of "page not found" and such. It's very strange.

But yes, I read up a lot on them when I was thinking of buying a BIC F-12 and they are definitely great to purchase from. No worries, whatsoever.
post #42 of 93
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aahhyes68 View Post

Are you still happy with your setup ?

Speakers ? Sub ? Reciever ?


I keep going round-n-round trying to put a surround system together and duplicating yours might just be the best/easiest way for me to go.

Where did you buy your speakers ? I can only find them at BB for 380 + tax..


Thank you,

Steve

I am extremely happy with this setup

The more and more I watch movies and listen to music, the more I feel that I am not sure if I will ever be able to match the price to quality and performance of the Pioneer speakers and BIC F12.

My speakers certainly broke in now, and I can't believe the amount of bass I am getting and the clarity of mids and highs I am hearing from them.

I placed my F12 now in the right corner, so I am feeling more output at my seating position, few days ago I watched the new Unstoppable blu-ray, the movie has some serious LFE effects from the trains and explosions, F12 put a grin on my face during the whole movie from the deepness and nice clean seamless integrated bass with speakers.

Watched Cloverfield today (The king movie of LFE effects), and honestly, I was afraid my windows may break from the bass in the bridge scene, the bass was incredibly filling my room and shaking my couch. (gain on sub at 3 and 0db on AVR)

Incredible system for the money, that's all I can say.

And yes, you can only get them from BB or directly from Pioneer, but if you buy the whole set from BB, they will give a good discount, I have heard some people able to get the towers and surround both for $200, you just need to ask manager for discount.
post #43 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannoo View Post

I am extremely happy with this setup

The more and more I watch movies and listen to music, the more I feel that I am not sure if I will ever be able to match the price to quality and performance of the Pioneer speakers and BIC F12.

My speakers certainly broke in now, and I can't believe the amount of bass I am getting and the clarity of mids and highs I am hearing from them.

I placed my F12 now in the right corner, so I am feeling more output at my seating position, few days ago I watched the new Unstoppable blu-ray, the movie has some serious LFE effects from the trains and explosions, F12 put a grin on my face during the whole movie from the deepness and nice clean seamless integrated bass with speakers.

Watched Cloverfield today (The king movie of LFE effects), and honestly, I was afraid my windows may break from the bass in the bridge scene, the bass was incredibly filling my room and shaking my couch. (gain on sub at 3 and 0db on AVR)

Incredible system for the money, that's all I can say.

And yes, you can only get them from BB or directly from Pioneer, but if you buy the whole set from BB, they will give a good discount, I have heard some people able to get the towers and surround both for $200, you just need to ask manager for discount.

I have Hanoo's exact same speaker setup the only difference is that I have the 1120 and man all I can say is wow!!

I have to lower the base due to the fact I'm in an apartment but other than that the speakers are great for the money, I managed to get all the speakers 2 yr warranty on the house, all you gotta do is use your linguistic skills with the managers and you're off to the races.
post #44 of 93
Like Evildude I have the same system with the one exception is I have 2 pairs
of the FS51's. My Pioneer 1020 has more than enough power and the BIC F12
is the perfect sub to compliment this system. I got the 2pr of floor standers
for $299 and with the C21 total was $379, oh..and I got the sub from $183 at
amazon.
post #45 of 93


Thanks for the nudge guys ! I went to BB and bought the Pioneers, they were 370.72 out the door. I also ordered the reciever from Amazon for 368$ shipped, should be here next week and still need to order the sub.

I have to say that the bride is NOT going to go for this center so I will have to find something quite a bit smaller.
post #46 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aahhyes68 View Post


Thanks for the nudge guys ! I went to BB and bought the Pioneers, they were 370.72 out the door. I also ordered the reciever from Amazon for 368$ shipped, should be here next week and still need to order the sub.

I have to say that the bride is NOT going to go for this center so I will have to find something quite a bit smaller.

Something smaller will sound smaller and not match. Look for a different tv stand
post #47 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrob425 View Post

Something smaller will sound smaller and not match. Look for a different tv stand

I agree!!!
That center is awesome man, what about making you own custom TV stand?
post #48 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evildude View Post

I agree!!!
That center is awesome man, what about making you own custom TV stand?

Or find a nice piece of wood and stain it - use it to boost the TV up.

You will gain more sound quality if you move the towers up, to the
front edge of the cabinet - you are blocking some of the sound.
post #49 of 93
You guy's are killin' me...... lol......


TV stand stays. We just picked that out a year and a half ago from Standout Designs and I don't have the cheddar to buy another one. My bride has been good enough with me upgrading my surround, the least I can do is buy a more "petite" center. I am on board with raising the tv an inch or two with something, even with a smaller center. I'll see what I can come up with that looks nice.

I'm sure I can find something that will fit the bill.


I hate to say it but I'm also considering a different sub. I'm sure the BIC-F12 is great but I've read concerns with it's ability with good music reproduction ?
Just a thought, I haven't made up my mind.. Still reading. Newegg has the Klipsch SUB10 for 199 shipped right now and read Klipsch took care of the reliability issues.

I also ordered a pair of the Pioneer SP-BS41-LR's from Vann's for 124$ shipped. I will probably use them in place of the BS21's for a few more bux.

Reading and learning and hopefully won't make any huge mistakes. I have to say thet these speakers sound good even with my crappy old HTIB reciever. I'll never tell the wife that though ..


Thanks guys,

Steve
post #50 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aahhyes68 View Post



Thanks for the nudge guys ! I went to BB and bought the Pioneers, they were 370.72 out the door. I also ordered the reciever from Amazon for 368$ shipped, should be here next week and still need to order the sub.

I have to say that the bride is NOT going to go for this center so I will have to find something quite a bit smaller.

I suggest you keep that center because it is timbre matched with your front left and right. I also suggest you move the front left and right up to the front of your stand instead of being pushed back toward the walls.
post #51 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aahhyes68 View Post

You guy's are killin' me...... lol......

TV stand stays. We just picked that out a year and a half ago from Standout Designs and I don't have the cheddar to buy another one. My bride has been good enough with me upgrading my surround, the least I can do is buy a more "petite" center. I am on board with raising the tv an inch or two with something, even with a smaller center. I'll see what I can come up with that looks nice.

You'd be better off just not using a center at all... "phatom center"
post #52 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aahhyes68 View Post

You guy's are killin' me...... lol......


TV stand stays. We just picked that out a year and a half ago from Standout Designs and I don't have the cheddar to buy another one. My bride has been good enough with me upgrading my surround, the least I can do is buy a more "petite" center. I am on board with raising the tv an inch or two with something, even with a smaller center. I'll see what I can come up with that looks nice.

I'm sure I can find something that will fit the bill.


I hate to say it but I'm also considering a different sub. I'm sure the BIC-F12 is great but I've read concerns with it's ability with good music reproduction ?
Just a thought, I haven't made up my mind.. Still reading. Newegg has the Klipsch SUB10 for 199 shipped right now and read Klipsch took care of the reliability issues.

I also ordered a pair of the Pioneer SP-BS41-LR's from Vann's for 124$ shipped. I will probably use them in place of the BS21's for a few more bux.

Reading and learning and hopefully won't make any huge mistakes. I have to say thet these speakers sound good even with my crappy old HTIB reciever. I'll never tell the wife that though ..


Thanks guys,

Steve

Would a bracket like this be something of use to you?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-2dVNJFv...ter_Stage.html
post #53 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aahhyes68 View Post

I have to say thet these speakers sound good even with my crappy old HTIB reciever. I'll never tell the wife that though ..


Thanks guys,

Steve

LOL
I heard many ppl do this and maybe it's work with you:
When watching a movie with your wife make the receiver sound like crap then let her complain about it, then suggest getting a new one!

Some here claim that has worked maybe it'll do for you!

As for the center, why not raise the TV with some books or something similar just so that the speaker wont look too big, like many here I think you should keep it.
post #54 of 93
I agree with everyone else. Keep the center. You will be very unhappy with
out it. As to the sub... do NOT get the Klipsch... Get the F12.. it is fine
musically.... I have been listening to mine all day, from jazz to classic guitar to
good ol Led Zep.... and it is just fine.
post #55 of 93
I just bought the F12, and the Pioneeer CS21 and 4 FS51's for the room... Amazing sound! I'll post a picture tonight or tomorrow morning... Love it... Probably going to add 2 of the BS41's and another F12 or PL200 to make it a 7.2 system...
post #56 of 93
I'm starting to wish I kept mine pioneers a little longer to test. Especially since I moved up to better receiver. To bad I got nervous due to out if country purchase. The f-12 is nice though and sounds good with old set of kenwoods.
post #57 of 93
Thread Starter 
I am glad that everyone who decide to use the Pioneers are as satisfied as I am with them.

This proves how awesome these speakers are for the money
post #58 of 93
Sorry for the Hijack Hannoo and thanks for the input !

I think I have the bride talked into keeping the center, she calls it the "ugly one". I still need to order the BIC-f12, and an rc cable. I'm headed to BB to see what they have to offer as far as cables go. I put in an order for #12 from monoprice but didn't know I needed a cable for the sub. oh well. I did have to put erasers under the surrounds to keep the glass tables from vibrating and I don't even have a sub yet.. ha...
post #59 of 93
STAY AWAY FROM BEST BUY CABLES/WIRES!!!!

Go to monoprice.com for all your cable/wire needs.

BB jacks up the prices its insane what they think they can charge.
post #60 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelaw612 View Post

stay away from best buy cables/wires!!!!

Go to monoprice.com for all your cable/wire needs.

Bb jacks up the prices its insane what they think they can charge.

+1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Pioneer Speakers Setup + BIC F12, My review: Best System for $1000 budget