I have lost track how many movies we watched over the past two or three months. The family loves the theater which is great...the kids are fighting over time to play Wii or PS3 games as well.
However, the theater is not finished....this is something the wife doesn't seem to understand. In her eyes, everything works and we can watch movies so the theater is done.
I could not disagree more....last night I stood dumbfounded looking at tangled mess of wires thinking...wow!
So here is my "to do" list:
1. Build a rack for the AV equipment and cable organization (I'll post a pix of my current mess on Saturday)
2. Build grills for the columns hiding the surround speakers
3. Build acoustical treatments / test room acoustics with SPL meter
4. Repair/install final panel in false wall
5. Install new projector ceiling mount (existing one is junk - sell it on ebay)
6. Run WOW video calibration
7. Reprogram remote for lights and AV equipment
8. Purchase additional DirectTv receiver
9. Install crown molding and led rope light in ceiling
Building grills for the columns to hide the surround sound speakers has been a challenge. First, it needs a double layer of fabric because of light entering the column from 3 sides. Second, it is not easy to build a grill to fit on the column that will have a low profile and still be rigid.
This weekend I'm going to start on the rack and grills for the columns!!!!!