Last weekend we made some significant progress.
I've been fortunate to have the help, guidance, and mentorship of the masterful Mr. BigMouthinDC.
Last week I believe we came up with good plans for wiring and HVAC - and we were able to get the majority of the Romex run for the room including
- 2 15amp supply lines to the primary lighting switch location
- Wiring in place for all major lighting zones (Room, Stage, Riser, Specialty)
- 1 20amp supply line in place for the subs
- 1 15 amp supply line for projector
Everything on the wiring front is running to the location of the future sub-panel which should be getting put in this weekend.
Here are some pics of the wiring (I know, not too sexy, but i do like the cobra like line we ran for the projector)
Also completed during the week: the framing for the room is now complete with the double stud wall for the left side now framed with the door opening and the rear staggered stud wall completed
This weekend/week I hope to
- At least get started on the gg/dw/gg/dw dampening on the subfloor above
- Install the whisperclips on all four walls
- Get the sub-panel installed
I'm really dreading doing the ceiling work - just seems like its going to be a huge pain and I've even questioned how effective it will be - I think thats just me being intimidated though.
I was hoping to have all the 14" drywall panels ready by tomorrow, but 14x20 feet of ceiling x2 layers all in 14" strips just wasn't going to happen. In fact I got next to nothing done w/ work and the whole family catching a nasty cold.
here's the start
Feeling better today - so hopefully will have a good base to work from starting tomorrow afternoon