or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Danley SH-50/SH-60 for dedicated Home Theater
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Danley SH-50/SH-60 for dedicated Home Theater - Page 6

post #151 of 699
Mark,

That's just being cruel man, you know I can't get those cabinets down into my basement HT

btw - check your PM...

Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlow View Post

No Ive only got one Crest 9200. I have to order the rest. I just sold my Dennon 4308CI and am looking at a Marantz AV7005. It has xlr balanced outs and all the latest movie decoding. DTS, Dolby True Audio. I didnt want to go unbalanced rca to xlr to all 7 channels. This usually creates that dreaded hummm noise.

I just found out Im going to have to replace my screen since the SH 50 are too wide to fit between the screen and the wall. So its getting rather expensive. These speakers impressed me so much that I havent gotten them out of my mind since I left. Thats how good they are. I know where someone can get 3 pristine DTS 10'S if anyone is looking. Im thinking of that TH221
post #152 of 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhisafa View Post

Kutlow,

Where did you hear the F -15 side by side 10 deep. Did you feel like Maverick???

Dhahran Air Base Saudi Arabia during Desert Storm in 1991. It was the largest ever Composit Wing ever assembled. Thats a Group of many different aircraft from all military branches. If anyone else has been there they can tell you how large that base was. It was very easy to get lost on base. The aircraft were lined up two abreast 50' apart one set after the other taking off. At that point I had never seen two fighters taking off together other than the Thunderbirds Airshow.
post #153 of 699
Im about to place my order as soon as my funds have been transferred. Right now Im getting my electrical done. Its due to be finished tomorrow.
post #154 of 699
Thread Starter 
My trio of SH-50 have landed safe and sound in good old Europe. Sadly I am still waiting for my Parasound JC-1s to be delivered - so no first impressions about the performance yet.

What I can say: They are big. The custom finish (Black Walnut stained) is really well done. I think they are beautiful - and that was one area I was actually pretty concerned about.
post #155 of 699
Lion,

Please post some images; I'd really like to see the finish on these.

Regards,

Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLion View Post

My trio of SH-50 have landed safe and sound in good old Europe. Sadly I am still waiting for my Parasound JC-1s to be delivered - so no first impressions about the performance yet.

What I can say: They are big. The custom finish (Black Walnut stained) is really well done. I think they are beautiful - and that was one area I was actually pretty concerned about.
post #156 of 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04FLHRCI View Post
Lion,

Please post some images; I'd really like to see the finish on these.
+1

It's really cool to see these in finishes other than the standard flat black.
post #157 of 699
Kutlow or Ivan,

What amps does Danley run in their demo room?
post #158 of 699
Ivan will have to answer this one. Trust me 4 hours of demo went by like it was only 10 miniutes. Just so much to see on a first visit and so many subs, mains etc. I took a camera with me and forgot to snap pics too.
post #159 of 699
Doesn't Danley have their own brand of amps ?
post #160 of 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhisafa View Post

Kutlow or Ivan,

What amps does Danley run in their demo room?

The subs are run off of a single channel of our 6.5K amp. The power is 2200 watts@4 ohm.

The rest of the system (L/R/Cent/surrounds) are run off of a 6 channel amp that I built-that we are discussing on whether to market. The power is 700 watts @ 4 ohm.

So we are not running huge amounts of power on the cabinets. It is also all run off of a single 15A breaker-so no dedicated power-sub panesl and so forth.
post #161 of 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Beaver View Post

The subs are run off of a single channel of our 6.5K amp. The power is 2200 watts@4 ohm.

The rest of the system (L/R/Cent/surrounds) are run off of a 6 channel amp that I built-that we are discussing on whether to market. The power is 700 watts @ 4 ohm.

So we are not running huge amounts of power on the cabinets. It is also all run off of a single 15A breaker-so no dedicated power-sub panesl and so forth.

omg so your telling the the TH 221 and the TH812 was on a single channel of the Danley 6.5k ?

Guys let me tell you what that is insane.
post #162 of 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlow View Post

omg so your telling the the TH 221 and the TH812 was on a single channel of the Danley 6.5k ?

Guys let me tell you what that is insane.

Looking at the sensitivities of both subwoofers, it would make sense. It would not take alot of power to get the two boys to sing loud.

1.21 Jigawatts!!!
post #163 of 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlow View Post

omg so your telling the the TH 221 and the TH812 was on a single channel of the Danley 6.5k ?

Guys let me tell you what that is insane.

Yes. THe TH812 is a 4 ohm load, there was about 2200 watts "available" to it. The TH221 is a 2 ohm load so there was around 3200 watts "available" to it.

There is also no limiting in the system. It is a very raw and unprocessed system-no eq-only a highpass on the full range boxes and a high and low pass on the subs. No signal delay etc. So with alignment the "meshing" of the different boxes would be better.
post #164 of 699
My order goes in tomorrow. Will post pics upon arrival and installation. I do have one simple question though.

Does Danley have a "brick" warranty? I mean that TH221 might knock off the bricks on the exterior of the house.
post #165 of 699
I really hate all of you people I had a clear picture in my head what I wanted in my new HT until I heard the name Danley :P
post #166 of 699
Kutlow,

What if any differences did you hear with the sh mini, micro and sh 100 for surround duty.

I know Ivan recommends the micros alot. What made you go with the 100's.
post #167 of 699
The difference is sensitivity and low Freq extension. With mains and a sub as sensitive as the SH50 and TH221 you need surrounds that can keep up and the SH100 is the way to go

Mike Hedden
Danley Sound Labs
post #168 of 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhisafa View Post

Kutlow,

What if any differences did you hear with the sh mini, micro and sh 100 for surround duty.

I know Ivan recommends the micros alot. What made you go with the 100's.

I recommend the SH Micros a lot for several reasons.

The biggest-being-well the biggest-physically. In most normal HT, the SH100's would be a bit "large" physically. The Micro is much smaller.

It is also less expensive.

The Micro doesn't get anywhere near as loud as the SH100, but is more than enough for most situations.

If size is not an issue-then the SH100 would be a much better choice-if nor no other reason-headroom.

I was just thinking about the WAF. Which matters to some and not to others.
post #169 of 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedden View Post

The difference is sensitivity and low Freq extension. With mains and a sub as sensitive as the SH50 and TH221 you need surrounds that can keep up and the SH100 is the way to go

Mike Hedden
Danley Sound Labs

I went with the 4 SH 100 because I wanted all four surrounds to match when Im playing music. During movies there really isnt much coming out of the rears. So the first reason I went with them is for music.

With that said if you were blindfolded and heard the SH MICRO'S you would NEVER suspect such a wonderful sound to come out of the Micro's. They have it all really. Nice full mid bass and treble. With that said, If I was smart I wouldve went with 4 Micro's BUT I promised myself that this upgrade was a no compromise upgrade. This is my 3rd complete theater upgrade in 2 years and it gets expensive. This time im sure the speakers ive chosen will do me for many many many years. So dont let the small cabinet size fool you. The SH Micro design is a master piece.
post #170 of 699
Lion, throw us a bone man!

A pic of anything would do:
-The skid.
-An opened carton.
-Some packing material.
-A SH50 in the buff...
post #171 of 699
My order is going into Danley right now. I will post pics of the skid, un packing etc. If I wouldnt get banned id post a pic of a neekid hunny sitting on a SH50. LOL
post #172 of 699
Anyone wanna play a game? Its called my sub is bigger than your sub. lol
post #173 of 699
^^^^^
Oh No you didn't!!!!

You ordered one.... did you
post #174 of 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlow View Post

Anyone wanna play a game? Its called my sub is bigger than your sub. lol

So you have ordered your th221 too? That monster is nearly 500lbs, you'll have lots of fun in moving that thing around to find the best spot for it
post #175 of 699
Wait to you see what Mark and DSL are coming up with

I'm gonna start planning the road trip now...LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jheyau View Post

So you have ordered your th221 too? That monster is nearly 500lbs, you'll have lots of fun in moving that thing around to find the best spot for it
post #176 of 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhisafa View Post

^^^^^
Oh No you didn't!!!!

You ordered one.... did you

Not yet but I will say it is in the cards. After I get my system up and running Im going to go back to Danley this time focusing on the subwoofer. My last trip was to here the trio SH 50 SH50 SH69. But I must say the TH 221 and the TH812 are great cabinets. It would be easier in my room to fit a TH812 since it is basically a DTS 10 with 60 inches on all 4 sides and 28 inches deep verses the 16 on the dts 10. So I could move my screen 12 inches closer to the seating area and it would fit. The TH221 is just sexy though.
post #177 of 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLion View Post

My trio of SH-50 have landed safe and sound in good old Europe. Sadly I am still waiting for my Parasound JC-1s to be delivered - so no first impressions about the performance yet.

What I can say: They are big. The custom finish (Black Walnut stained) is really well done. I think they are beautiful - and that was one area I was actually pretty concerned about.

TheLion,
Congrats on your new speakers! Please post some pictures. I would love to see them.

Jason
post #178 of 699
New speakers at home. Sounds like really extra special. I like it a lot.

post #179 of 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferenc_k View Post

New speakers at home. Sounds like really extra special. I like it a lot.

Ferenck,
Can you please give us your impressions of your new system? I am very interested in your exact setup. Thanks
Jason
post #180 of 699
Hi Ferenc,

It's so good to see you posting here! Hey guys, here's some one who has extensive experience with many different models in the Danley lineup.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Danley SH-50/SH-60 for dedicated Home Theater