or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Danley SH-50/SH-60 for dedicated Home Theater
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Danley SH-50/SH-60 for dedicated Home Theater - Page 21

post #601 of 700
Crickets
post #602 of 700
Forum bugs?
post #603 of 700
Are you any closer to getting measurments on the DBH218LC
post #604 of 700
TheLion,

Any further insights in the Danley speakers?

Thanks
post #605 of 700
I'm keen on hearing your impressions too, actually. I'm about to buy some SH-50s for my home theatre and have been following this thread with great pleasure but it kind of came to a halt a while back...
post #606 of 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlow View Post

Are you any closer to getting measurments on the DBH218LC

I have been battling major computer problems and moving into a new office and all kinds of work to be done-so I haven't been on top of things as I should be.

If I can get the TEF software to load (and work-fingers crossed) on Monday morning-we plan on doing a lot of various DBH218LC measurements, different configurations etc 1 2 and 4 units.

Wish me luck.
post #607 of 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Beaver View Post

I have been battling major computer problems and moving into a new office and all kinds of work to be done-so I haven't been on top of things as I should be.

If I can get the TEF software to load (and work-fingers crossed) on Monday morning-we plan on doing a lot of various DBH218LC measurements, different configurations etc 1 2 and 4 units.

Wish me luck.

Ty Ive been putting a potential buyer of my DTS 10'S OFF waiting to see what these do on paper.
post #608 of 700
Hey Ivan,

Are you going to measure a DTS-10 as well?
post #609 of 700
Ricci already has did a thorough measurement of the dts-10 on www.data-bass.com
post #610 of 700
Brandon she about to rock! Stick your head out the window you might hear me! lol
post #611 of 700
Kutlow ......did you add some new subs?
post #612 of 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrapladm View Post

Kutlow ......did you add some new subs?

on the verge. Going to try out 2 DBH218LC
post #613 of 700
Awesome!!!

I am unable to try these sort of things but its nice to see someone who can and does. Some people are happy with just a pair of DTS-10's where as I would love to try a pair of DBH218LC's or TH221.

Either way look forward to your impressions.
post #614 of 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrapladm View Post

Awesome!!!

I am unable to try these sort of things but its nice to see someone who can and does. Some people are happy with just a pair of DTS-10's where as I would love to try a pair of DBH218LC's or TH221.

Either way look forward to your impressions.

Prior to hearing the new DBH218LC I thought the TH221 was for me. After I heard this new sub It really impressed me. I think in music and movies it should do a fine job.
post #615 of 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Beaver View Post
I have been battling major computer problems and moving into a new office and all kinds of work to be done-so I haven't been on top of things as I should be.

If I can get the TEF software to load (and work-fingers crossed) on Monday morning-we plan on doing a lot of various DBH218LC measurements, different configurations etc 1 2 and 4 units.

Wish me luck.
Do you have any updates Ivan>?
post #616 of 700
I'm still curious to see what TheLion has to say about them. Any updates by any chance?
post #617 of 700
Thread Starter 
Let me just give you a hint - "out of the box" I certainly prefer the sound I am getting from my Genelecs and Seatons. The Danleys sound very "rough", even more forward and with much less "finesse" in context with these other speakers. BUT they have very good qualities that one can work with. So I try to get the best possible performance out of them. For this I am adding new acoustic treatments to the room, switching from dual SVS PB-13 Ultras to Funk Audio's FW-18s (waiting for Nathan to deliver them in about a month time), and finish all off with a touch of DRC (using Audiolense with convolver VST). There certainly is potential that they will outperform both the Genelecs and Seatons - they just require some work to get there.

The "natural sound" of a speaker gets less and less relevant when you have the means to make it perform just like you want it to (using DRC, adding more room treatments,...)
post #618 of 700
surprised you didn't opt to go with 2 x TH-50.
post #619 of 700
Kutlow did you get your subs yet?
post #620 of 700
Forin, how do you like your SM60Fs in your new place? Have you gotten more Danley boxes now that you have a dedicated listen room? I remember you and I got our SM60Fs at about the same time shortly after they were introduced; it has been a little over a year now and I continued to enjoy them tremendously!
post #621 of 700
Hey jheyau,

I enjoy them every day . A little perspective for everyone, my friends laughed at me for spending so much on speakers. Most of them own bikes, boats, sport cars, etc, and spent a ton more money than I did. I always like to ask them around this time of year if they are enjoying that loan payment while packing their toy away for the winter.

Working on grad school requirements have limited my available OT potential, so I have not bought any other Danley products. My new sub boxes should arrive this week, which will take me a awhile to put together and require another room reorganization. Some time next year I plan on buying 3 more SM60s and selling the 2 micros and sh-100.
I'd like to have the speakers bought before August next year, cause once I start grad school, no more toys for a while

I love the new place its only 1056 cubic feet and everything is powered off of EP4000s. I have waaaaaay to much headroom, haha.


Forin
post #622 of 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by forin View Post

Hey jheyau,

I enjoy them every day . A little perspective for everyone, my friends laughed at me for spending so much on speakers. Most of them own bikes, boats, sport cars, etc, and spent a ton more money than I did. I always like to ask them around this time of year if they are enjoying that loan payment while packing their toy away for the winter.

Working on grad school requirements have limited my available OT potential, so I have not bought any other Danley products. My new sub boxes should arrive this week, which will take me a awhile to put together and require another room reorganization. Some time next year I plan on buying 3 more SM60s and selling the 2 micros and sh-100.
I'd like to have the speakers bought before August next year, cause once I start grad school, no more toys for a while

I love the new place its only 1056 cubic feet and everything is powered off of EP4000s. I have waaaaaay to much headroom, haha.


Forin

OMG, that's another pair of DTS10s, making it FOUR total in your room, you are wild! You better have a SPL meter permanently installed by your armchair!
post #623 of 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheyau View Post

OMG, that's another pair of DTS10s, making it FOUR total in your room, you are wild! You better have a SPL meter permanently installed by your armchair!

He's not doing more DTS-10's. He's going with 4 sub boxes with two 15 inchers in each box dual opposed. Should be interesting how they compare to two DTS-10's.
post #624 of 700
Tom nailed it Here is the link if you are interested. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1344530

The boxes should be here sometime this week. My guess is Friday before I head off to work for the weekend .


Forin
post #625 of 700
So is there any more news on the DBH218LC?
post #626 of 700
Guys, what about speaker stands for the SH50? I was thinking of something like this:

http://www.wayfair.com/VTI-RF-Series...FC-VI1048.html

-Jim
post #627 of 700
Am about planning to get the JTR Triple 12 LCR , already have 2X Triple 8 !

Could any of you guys who've made the upgrade from JTR please , pm me... if u wish to refrain you views publicly..
I'd really appreciate knowing the difference or would love to know your recommendations or ratings between the two interns of clarity , sound stage , effortlessness , impact , separation , lower noise floor , vocals , overall mid range etc (Most of which I believe the JTR's do amazingly but if the Danley's take everything a level further then , wow)
I do admit the JTR's may lack in the bass department if that's your thing but on the most part it doesn't bother me..
Also to buy Danley , only way is to contact them right , these SH50's aren't readily available or listed else where right ?


My Dream would actually be to beat the local cinema here , these swines have awesome speakers , using JBL's , the mids and the effortlessness between explosions , music and vocals , balanced smoothness all at the same time clearly distinguishable is what I want to compete with or beat in my own small way.. ;P
I know I need a really awesome amp to be able to achieve that but speaker wise , I wish to be on the right path incase if I am not already !
But again if the Danley's aren't really of a higher league vs JTR's , I could quiet actually go all JTR instead of paying huge amounts for the Danley..
I love my JTR T8's but I have to be realistic and believe that there might be more options out there..

In other words...
The kind of sound I want , I think I'm in most ways confused about then sure..
But while watching movies , I want my entire front wall to sound like a giant speaker without adding fatigue , I want the mids to be easily distinguishable..
I want to feel like captain kirk inside the starship enterprise cockpit.. while under attack for better or worse..
If my english isn't clear enough , sorry for that..

thanks alot in advance.. wish you all the best..
post #628 of 700
DBH218LC...........updates?
post #629 of 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marri View Post

Am about planning to get the JTR Triple 12 LCR , already have 2X Triple 8 !

Could any of you guys who've made the upgrade from JTR please , pm me... if u wish to refrain you views publicly..
I'd really appreciate knowing the difference or would love to know your recommendations or ratings between the two interns of clarity , sound stage , effortlessness , impact , separation , lower noise floor , vocals , overall mid range etc (Most of which I believe the JTR's do amazingly but if the Danley's take everything a level further then , wow)
I do admit the JTR's may lack in the bass department if that's your thing but on the most part it doesn't bother me..
Also to buy Danley , only way is to contact them right , these SH50's aren't readily available or listed else where right ?


My Dream would actually be to beat the local cinema here , these swines have awesome speakers , using JBL's , the mids and the effortlessness between explosions , music and vocals , balanced smoothness all at the same time clearly distinguishable is what I want to compete with or beat in my own small way.. ;P
I know I need a really awesome amp to be able to achieve that but speaker wise , I wish to be on the right path incase if I am not already !
But again if the Danley's aren't really of a higher league vs JTR's , I could quiet actually go all JTR instead of paying huge amounts for the Danley..
I love my JTR T8's but I have to be realistic and believe that there might be more options out there..

In other words...
The kind of sound I want , I think I'm in most ways confused about then sure..
But while watching movies , I want my entire front wall to sound like a giant speaker without adding fatigue , I want the mids to be easily distinguishable..
I want to feel like captain kirk inside the starship enterprise cockpit.. while under attack for better or worse..
If my english isn't clear enough , sorry for that..

thanks alot in advance.. wish you all the best..

You can contact the rep in your area to see what is available in your area

http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/wheretobuy.html

A quick listen between the different cabinets you are talking about would quickly revel the differences.

There are reasons the Danley is more expensive.
post #630 of 700
Look around for some used JBL cinema speakers. They pop up occasionally. I got mine off of ebay for $405 each. My entire AT screen is like a giant speaker. Hey I'd love some SH50's, just not in the budget right now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Danley SH-50/SH-60 for dedicated Home Theater