or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Displays › The Official Vizio 65" Passive XVT3D650SV Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Vizio 65" Passive XVT3D650SV Owner's Thread - Page 3

post #61 of 353
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBoysLandC View Post

Greetings all.

I'm in Northern VA and am interested in this TV. My local Costco (Chantilly) sells it but doesn't have a 3D demo set-up. Anyone know of any stores in the DC area where I can go and see a demo running and specifically see how the passive 3D looks?

Also, everywhere seems to be selling them for retail. I know others have purchased them for ~$3K. I know we can't discuss pricing here so please send me a PM if you know of anywhere offering them for less than retail.

Thanks!

From Engadget:

(looks like they're still hard to find)

Vizio starts celebrating 2010 LCD sales wins early, has bigger plans for 2011

In contrast to lower than expected sales from other manufacturers and retailers last year, especially when it came to 3D televisions and connected TV products, he claims demand was so high for the new Theater 3D HDTV with passive glasses they couldn't keep it in stock. He also attributed much of the sales growth to its strategy of offering higher end tech like local dimming LED backlighting and WiFi built in at lower prices than the competition, and plans to use its position as a market leader to push technology initiatives -- like passive 3D screens, where he echoed LG's claims that it tested far better than active shutter 3D with customers -- rather than follow them. Among some of us there's still, deserved or undeserved, a perception of the company as simply a cheap, low end manufacturer that's not as reliable as others but with results like these its looks like the rest of the market has something to prove in 2011.
post #62 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockaway1836 View Post

Click on the the link to Cleveland Plasma on the header of this page. They are a forum sponser, and Chris is a member of AVS. Right now, I think he has the best price.

Thanks, I'll look into that. Ideally looking to pick one up for $3K as I believe that was the sale price at Costco/Walmart in the last month or so.
post #63 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBoysLandC View Post

Thanks, I'll look into that. Ideally looking to pick one up for $3K as I believe that was the sale price at Costco/Walmart in the last month or so.

I'm sure we will see that price down the road again at Costco and Sams. I think, but am not sure that you will save on the tax ordering from Cleveland Plasma. Which would just about make it a wash.
post #64 of 353
Thread Starter 
Amazon Prime Now Includes Streaming Video Service

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives...eo_service.php

Has anyone checked to see if the widget is now supporting this feature? I'm at work, but will check when I get home.

Not sure I need Vudu and Netflix and Amazon On Demand. I've been really happy with Vudu on my Vizio, but I like the way Netflix can be on so many devices. I'm pretty sure they're all similar as far as this set goes. Time will tell if one outperforms another. I've yet to see a comparison.
post #65 of 353
Hello,
I have been trying like hell to get this TV to give me audio return
Through my HDMI, since it is "supposedly ARC and CEC HDMI compliant,
But after many calls to techs who didn't even know what those features were,
And a few hours of explaining to them that it is CLEARLY listed in the specs on their
Webpage, they have finally told me that those particular features ar not included in the current firmware and I will have to wait for the update...which they say started going out to
The sets last week.
Has any one REALLY received this "update"? I am almost convinced they are just telling me whatever they
Tthink I want to hear. Please let me know if you have more info on this, Thanks
post #66 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsturgis View Post
Hello,
I have been trying like hell to get this TV to give me audio return
Through my HDMI, since it is "supposedly ARC and CEC HDMI compliant,
But after many calls to techs who didn't even know what those features were,
And a few hours of explaining to them that it is CLEARLY listed in the specs on their
Webpage, they have finally told me that those particular features ar not included in the current firmware and I will have to wait for the update...which they say started going out to
The sets last week.
Has any one REALLY received this "update"? I am almost convinced they are just telling me whatever they
Tthink I want to hear. Please let me know if you have more info on this, Thanks
Are you saying you're not getting audio from the optical out from the TV?
post #67 of 353
I just bought a home theater reciever with the HDMI audio return channel (ARC)
capability and would rather just use my 1 high speed HDMI cable. This is what vizio tells me is not available with current firmware
post #68 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsturgis View Post

I just bought a home theater reciever with the HDMI audio return channel (ARC)
capability and would rather just use my 1 high speed HDMI cable. This is what vizio tells me is not available with current firmware

Interesting - I'd be surprised if the HDMI can send and receive full HD audio and video at the same time. I'll have to look up this "ARC"! Thanks!
post #69 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryker View Post

Interesting - I'd be surprised if the HDMI can send and receive full HD audio and video at the same time. I'll have to look up this "ARC"! Thanks!

ARC will send 5.1 audio from TV sources to the receiver over the same cable that sends the video/audio from the receiver. It isn't doing this at the same time though.
post #70 of 353
Thread Starter 
Amazon Prime streaming went live today. I'm home now and immediately queued up the Amazon On Demand widget. After a quick registering of the Vizio (it walks you through), I'm streaming free (as I am already an Amazon Prime member).

At this time, movies which are available to be streamed have a "You own this" beneath the movie's icon. Not really intuitive, but it gets the job done.

I started watching Stripes at the office, came home, and it picked right where I left off on the big 65-incher.

There's a Your Video Library section, but this is only for movies you've paid to rent/own. I do not see anything analogous to Netflix's Instant Que.

I'll still keep my Netflix account for now, but if Amazon comes out with an iOS streaming app, then Netflix may be gone for me.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #71 of 353
Thread Starter 
Hey, just went to the Widget Gallery and it had me run an update. Anyone know the details?

---

Addendum: It looks like Amazon On Demand has been renamed Amazon Instant Video. The Learn More icon now works. "You own this" has been replaced with "Included with Prime" - makes more sense.
LL
post #72 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBoysLandC View Post
Thanks, I'll look into that. Ideally looking to pick one up for $3K as I believe that was the sale price at Costco/Walmart in the last month or so.
I live in Northern Virginia also and bought my Vizio from Sams Club at the old 3k price but had to pay 5% VA tax. Not paying any tax the set will cost you about 100 bucks more with shipping from Cleveland Plasma which is about the best you can find at this time.
post #73 of 353
My local Sam's club (Monroeville,PA has the 65" passive 3D tv but not set up to display 3d. The 2D picture looks soft to me as they did have the set hooked up to a blu-ray player. No one there seem interested in setting up the display for 3D. There comment was, well we have the Sony and Samsung set up for 3D. My comment was "that's fine" but I'm not interested in those sets; getting nasty in my old age.

My suggestion by the set ,charge it to your credit card and you will have 90 days to review it in your home.. Not satisfied; return it for full credit, no questions asked.
post #74 of 353
Anyone received that firmware update yet? I'm still at xp1.28.02 an have no HDMI ARC capability. Any info regarding this would be great thanks
post #75 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsturgis View Post

Anyone received that firmware update yet? I'm still at xp1.28.02 an have no HDMI ARC capability. Any info regarding this would be great thanks

Yes, I would love to see how to get ARC working. Don't like that I have to change inputs on my receiver to hear netflix
post #76 of 353
i saw this tv as sams club this morning. awesome picture imo, they had a blue ray player hooked up. without a doubt this would be my next tv EXCEPT for the glossy screen. that's a deal breaker for me. wonder why they decided to put this glossy screen on this otherwise awesome led.
post #77 of 353
I took my fuji w3 and then a few days later my ps3 to test the tv.
i always take my own stuff in to test any tv i am about to buy.
post #78 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by brg606 View Post

i saw this tv as sams club this morning. awesome picture imo, they had a blue ray player hooked up. without a doubt this would be my next tv EXCEPT for the glossy screen. that's a deal breaker for me. wonder why they decided to put this glossy screen on this otherwise awesome led.

The polarization will not remain intact with a matted screen.
post #79 of 353
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsturgis View Post

Anyone received that firmware update yet? I'm still at xp1.28.02 an have no HDMI ARC capability. Any info regarding this would be great thanks

I'm on XP1.24.0.2

What was the firmware update supposed to do?
post #80 of 353
The new firmware , according to Vizio, will enable HDMI CEC & ARC capability and is version 3.2.3_RC3. Anyone received it yet?
post #81 of 353
I am in the NYC area. Does anyone know where I may be able to demo the 3D. If not I guess I would have to buy and take back if I do not like it. Judging from the posts here I see that most are happy with it though.
post #82 of 353
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by grod777 View Post

I am in the NYC area. Does anyone know where I may be able to demo the 3D. If not I guess I would have to buy and take back if I do not like it. Judging from the posts here I see that most are happy with it though.

The 3D is great. The thing to judge is if the 2D is right for you.

But I understand where you're coming from.
post #83 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc8nka View Post

The polarization will not remain intact with a matted screen.

Tell that to LG, their new passive sets have a matted screen,
post #84 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by OconRecon View Post

The 3D is great. The thing to judge is if the 2D is right for you.

But I understand where you're coming from.

I am not all that particular on 2d as long as my non 3D Blurays look good. Local TV is only as good as the signal they are sending. You can have a top of the line TV but if the local TV company sucks it won't matter much.
I have a 52" 60hz Sharp Aquos now and I am happy with it, so as long as it looks as good or slightly better I'm a happy camper.
post #85 of 353
That's great. Have you actually seen it and if so, how matte is it? Best news I have heard. Just wonder if it will affect ghosting.
post #86 of 353
Not to hijack this thread, just answering kc8nka's question.

Plenty matted, there is no ghosting on my 47" LG passive. That and it has 2d to 3d conversion. I watch everything converted. 65" I believe is, or will be shortly, available.
post #87 of 353
Great! Thanks Bill. And now back to the quest...
post #88 of 353
Thread Starter 
Hellooooooo fellow owners. Anyone picking up Crysis 2 on Tuesday?

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/cr...01103043632061

I have plenty of shooters for my Xbox, but I'm a sucker for a game with praised graphics. Add in the 3D slobbering in this article and it seems to be a must-buy for gamers with 3D TV's.
post #89 of 353
It's really frustrating not being able to try out passive 3D at SAMS/COSTCO.

Maybe Best Buy (what a funny name for a rip off company) will have an LG passive to try out.
post #90 of 353
Upgraded my wireless router over the weekend (from G-band to N-band), and now I can't get the Vizio to connect to the new router. It finds the SSID just fine, but when I enter the key i get a spinning icon for a few mins and then "Unable to connect". Anybody else having same issue? Plenty of other wireless devices (ipad, laptop, PS3) have connected but the Vizio is being stubborn...

Thanks in advance.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Displays › The Official Vizio 65" Passive XVT3D650SV Owner's Thread