Has someone of you done OP Amp upgrade to Oppo 95 with burson or dexa modules ?
I found this information when doing extensive googling in a forum about Burson discrete audio HD OP-Amp upgrades and Oppo was listed also in links. Here the translation:
oppo bdp-95 , eastern electric minimax dac plus (minimax good as such already, but can be upgraded or bought as upgraded from the German dealer; Op Amps are in sockets)
[side note: - the burson opamps are more expensive than the dexa new class D opamps, that are " kicking well but maybe too analytic ones" check them also in case you might like them]
Burson information and what distortion factor is achieved:
- "The distortion is really 0.0007%. Burson just claims less than 0.001%. Not only is the distortion low, but the higher-order products the ones that sound bad are almost immeasurable..."
- as a benefit the Oppo XLR line performance could be improved and by changing all of them the HT analog OUTs also
- Illustration of example installation as video:
- tight installation location with jump wires:
- check also the pic from here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/222596-oppo-s-bdp105-discussions-upgrading-mods-4.html
Does someone know Umberto who added the bursons to oppo 95 for further modding information to know what other mods are needed that the bursons "fit" to the board ?
the oppo 95 op amps:
" Each unbalanced (RCA) channel is driven with a LM4562
The balanced (XLR) outputs use a fully differential audio amplifier LME49724 for maximum performance. "
Burson Direct Replacement For The Following Opamps:
Dual Op-amps: AD8066, AD8620, AD712, AD827, C4570, JRC4580, JRC5532, JRC5532D, JRC5534, LF353, LM4562
, LM833N, NE5532, NEC4520, NEC4570, NJM2068D, NJM2114, NJM2214D, NJM4558, NJM4558D, NJM4560, NJM5532, NJM4558P, OP275, OPA2132, OPA2134, OPA2604, RC4558D, RC4558P, TL052, TL072
Single Op-amps: NE5534, LT1122, OPA627, AD811, AD844, OPA604, AD8610,& etc.
1. All listing are for matched pair of opamps (2 units)
2. their single
opamp can be use to upgrade LME49724.
Key Specifications for LME49724
■ Power Supply Voltage Range ±2.5V to ±18V
■ THD+N (AV = 1, VOUT = 3VRMS, fIN = 1kHz)
RL = 2kΩ 0.00003% (typ)
RL = 600Ω 0.00003% (typ)
■ Input Noise Density 2.1nV/ √ ^Hz (typ)
■ Slew Rate ±18V/μs (typ)
■ Gain Bandwidth Product 50MHz (typ)
■ Open Loop Gain (RL = 600Ω) 125dB (typ)
■ Input Bias Current 60nA (typ)
■ Input Offset Voltage 0.2mV (typ)
■ DC Gain Linearity Error 0.000009%
=> check further opinions in DIY page #11Edited by Tommy_HT - 3/7/13 at 10:43pm