I've been away from this (and the 93 owners) thread for quite some time and even so I did some quite extensive "cross-reading" I need some help from you guys.
Reason I came is basically that I stumbled upon the android oppo media control.... and the need for up-to-date firmware for this app to work.
I'm on the last iso-fw - I didn't back up all my discs in iso, just those where I love the menus or some extras, most of my backups are m2ts (due to the mkv problems with highdef audio). Since I also have backed up most of my audio library something like Oppo Media Control would be REALLY nice!
...but I would have to upgrade...
...so here are my questions:
1. From what I found there is still no way to hack firmware, just a way to roll back using a special modkit?
2. So far 93/95 still allow to use bdmv-folders to replace iso-functionality, but judging from recent 103/105 fw this might be not much longer?
3. BDMV is a decent alternative to retain menus etc? Of course the folder structure is "messier" but from what I read problems are rare and most of the time harddisk related (old, fragmented, slow)???!
4. Are there any other benefits from upgrading my FW? So far I had no problems with blurays, just some mkv/mp4 file play problems (mostly no audio playback)?
5. Oppo Media Remote works like it should and I won't need my secondary display for audio playback and it also adds comfort to browsing my 8TB film backups?
6. Someone is working on a similar app using rs232 but just for IOS?!
Thanks for your help - like I said: I spent quite some hours reading, but I'm still a couple of hundred pages behind on the different forums....