or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Battlefield 3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Battlefield 3 - Page 357

post #10681 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by htskinner View Post

lol the torch is one of my favs. **** sometimes its more reliable than the knife.

Yeah, it actually kills really quick, and the destroy a vehicle one was surprisingly easy, cause people would just jump in a tank I'm repairing and it would just melt them down.

But there must be some primitive part of my brain that these assignments tap into. I was so laser focused on getting that torch kill that I'd basically ended up kamikaze running at people with it, which worked about as well as it sounds. The 50 AT rocket kills was also kind of a PITA too.

I otherwise really like the style and pace of progression in BF3 though. Feels like you have a purpose in playing a particular way or learning a new skill, instead of just getting random stuff every level.
post #10682 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Yep, 2 mines. One strategy I use that works incredibly well is...forget it. I'm not letting any of you destroy my tank! biggrin.gif
j/k. Instead of placing mines all over the place, put ONLY 2 right on the exact same spot. When you put out a bunch, they get spotted. 2 directly atop one another appear as a single one and are difficult to see.

Yeah, if you're going to use mines you have to decide whether you want to cleverly hide them or not.

If you place them out in the open then you might as well spread them out all over the place to slow the tank down.

Otherwise I like Spyder's recommendation or at least to place them close enough to each other so they can't be seen.
post #10683 of 16243
I agree, torch killing is awesome. Sometimes you can sneak right up to a tank and instead of trying to hit it with a rocket just start torching the thing and before you know it that tank is a heap of rubble. You will probably suicide though unless you torch it from the side. Also, it doesn't matter if it's being repaired (as long as there is only one engineer) because the repair tool works much faster when destroying a tank compared to repairing one.

The approach I have been taking towards getting mine kills is the stealth approach - put them in a puddle, shadow, or a pile of crap and cross my fingers. I did take Spyder's advice and to lump them together instead of far apart making them harder to see. I was able to get 7 kills with mines yesterday. It's so much fun getting mine kills because you are just walking around minding your own business then suddenly you get 450 points. the only crappy part about yesterday was that we were killing the enemy team so bad after a while that they couldn't leave their spawn. I got so many rubble kills on Siene Crossing with the tank and RPGs. Those guys hanging back sniping did not like me at all.

Sometimes I feel like I want to let them out so they can grab a capture point and the game can start again, but then I say to myself no, if you want to get out, fight your way out. I never seem to get let out of a spawn trap.
post #10684 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarmelRob View Post

Believe me, tank drivers all around the world rejoiced when they patched C4 remaining on the tank after the support guy was defeated. All he had to do once he was back in the game is squeeze the detonator and your tank was destroyed.

True, but you did at least have the option of removing the c4 or have a teammate blow it up before they respawn.

I would've like to have seen mines, c4, claymores all staying after death, with maybe the exception that c4 cannot be detonated if the person dies, but could still be blown up if a teammate shoots it.
post #10685 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

True, but you did at least have the option of removing the c4 or have a teammate blow it up before they respawn.
I would've like to have seen mines, c4, claymores all staying after death, with maybe the exception that c4 cannot be detonated if the person dies, but could still be blown up if a teammate shoots it.

I agree with this but they still need a limit on how many you can have out there. I do love the C4 idea.
post #10686 of 16243
So I believe I understand more about Aftermath. It will come out after Armored Kill. It will have 4 maps based on a post earth quake Tehran area or something. It sounds like it will be infantry based with a few vehicles.

So to me it sounds like, Grand Bazaar, Seine Crossing, Karkand. All great maps. I'm probably going to like these Aftermath maps a lot, I would guess.
Edited by mphfrom77 - 7/30/12 at 5:01pm
post #10687 of 16243
Um something has gone wrong with the BF3 AVS server. I was playing on Lazy Blica's server last night, and at the end of the round it kicked us all out of the server. I went to our server and it said it was "not yet started". I can't log into it, or join it. Just can't do anything with it. It is very strange. Something changed and I can't figure out what is wrong. It's paid up, that is not the thing. It says it wants me to "publish" the server, but it has an error when I try, and it tells me to try again later. Any ideas? Lazy, is your server experiencing the same problem?
post #10688 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

So I believe I understand more about Aftermath. It will come out after Armored Kill. It will have 4 maps based on a post earth quake Tehran area or something. It sounds like it will be infantry based with a few vehicles.

So to me it sounds like, Grand Bazaar, Seine Crossing, Karkand. All great maps. I'm probably going to like these Aftermath maps a lot, I would guess.

I'm wondering if it will be a BC2 style onslaught mode?
post #10689 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

Um something has gone wrong with the BF3 AVS server. I was playing on Lazy Blica's server last night, and at the end of the round it kicked us all out of the server. I went to our server and it said it was "not yet started". I can't log into it, or join it. Just can't do anything with it. It is very strange. Something changed and I can't figure out what is wrong. It's paid up, that is not the thing. It says it wants me to "publish" the server, but it has an error when I try, and it tells me to try again later. Any ideas? Lazy, is your server experiencing the same problem?


Dont know. But I can try in a bit to see if I have the same issue.
post #10690 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

Um something has gone wrong with the BF3 AVS server. I was playing on Lazy Blica's server last night, and at the end of the round it kicked us all out of the server. I went to our server and it said it was "not yet started". I can't log into it, or join it. Just can't do anything with it. It is very strange. Something changed and I can't figure out what is wrong. It's paid up, that is not the thing. It says it wants me to "publish" the server, but it has an error when I try, and it tells me to try again later. Any ideas? Lazy, is your server experiencing the same problem?

This happened before I'll see if I can publish it again. Must have had some maintenance?
post #10691 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

Um something has gone wrong with the BF3 AVS server. I was playing on Lazy Blica's server last night, and at the end of the round it kicked us all out of the server. I went to our server and it said it was "not yet started". I can't log into it, or join it. Just can't do anything with it. It is very strange. Something changed and I can't figure out what is wrong. It's paid up, that is not the thing. It says it wants me to "publish" the server, but it has an error when I try, and it tells me to try again later. Any ideas? Lazy, is your server experiencing the same problem?


Same issue on mine as well. Ill ask support to see if they know anything.
post #10692 of 16243
They do know about the issue and are looking into it. I submitted our server info in. Now its just a waiting game. I wont be on tonight so I wont know when it works.
post #10693 of 16243
Cool thanks. Yeah I won't be on for a day or two.
post #10694 of 16243
PS3 AVS sever?
post #10695 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Ended up getting the premium after all. The guides are about as useful as strategy guides ever are....which is to say not very.
It's all about the content though. As long as they keep it flowing, particularly the assignments, I'll be happy with it. But man, they really need to cut it out with the silly requirements on some of them. Get a kill with an EOD bot? Seriously? I'm hoping none of the armored kill ones involve getting a kill by ramming your jet into things.


EOD bot wouldnt be bad if a roadkill counted. You can try driving it around and get the kill or look for a sniper camping and drop it behind him and zap his ass.

I'll probably just end up boosting it with a friend. Trying to legitimately get repair torch and jeep kills was so frustrating. The assignments are pretty fun when they're not encouraging you to play like an idiot.

I think it makes the game drastically more entertaining (greater replay-ability) to do stuff outside your norm. If the assignments didn't make me do off the wall stuff I wouldn't like them as much. I did them all legit it's not that bad and actually rewarding when you do get that pain in the ass EOD bot kill.

I prestiged in the Black Ops for the same reason. Forced me to play/try new weapons.
post #10696 of 16243
Got my support assignment done, C4 star, support star, Saiga star & tags, and almost lvl 75...pretty productive night.

Not sure what all the weird issues are. Can't join on each other because of incompatible versions and other weirdness. Fun games with everyone!
post #10697 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy_racer View Post

I ate one of your torches yesterday.eek.gif
Top 5 guns...M16A4, M240B, M4A1, F2000, M249. Sometimes I wonder how I have so many M240B kills that thing has terrible recoil.
Wish I knew before that If you completed one assignment it would open the last. I have each class about 90% complete. I'm just finishing up the slow parts now...M26 kills, mine kills, claymore kills and MAV spotting.

MAV spotting should take you about 3 minutes, tops. M26? Maybe 10 minutes on Metro. Mine kills? One round of Seine. Claymores? About one round of Cramped Quarters.

In contrast, that PoS L96 assignment (AGAIN) will take me weeks to finish. mad.gif
(Although I did get a legit 467 yard/meter/whatever headshot today on Firestorm...nowhere near my tank headshot distance, however! biggrin.gif)
Edited by spyder696969 - 7/30/12 at 11:56pm
post #10698 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

MAV spotting should take you about 3 minutes, tops. M26? Maybe 10 minutes on Metro. Mine kills? One round of Seine. Claymores? About one round of Cramped Quarters.
In contrast, that PoS L96 assignment (AGAIN) will take me weeks to finish. mad.gif
(Although I did get a legit 467 yard/meter/whatever headshot today on Firestorm...nowhere near my tank headshot distance, however! biggrin.gif)

I have the most trouble when I'm MAV spotting. I don't get credit when I'm actually flying it because for some reason when I press 'back' to spot someone, they never light up. The only time I get the MAV spots is when I just drop it somewhere. Otherwise I get nothing.

Also, the BF3 claymore is the most inconsistent piece of junk on the planet. I have ran straight past many claymores and not even triggered an explosion. I got 12 claymore kills last night playing CQ, and I need 13 more. I witnessed enemies running through my claymores and Nexus' claymores on many occasions.
post #10699 of 16243
What's so bad about the L96? Seems like a solid rifle to me, I've nailed people on the carrier from the crane on Sharqi with it. Probably has the best gun sound I've ever heard too....I just like firing it for the hell of it. tongue.gif

I absolutely love sniping in this game though....so satisfying when you pull off a long shot aimed way above their head, and watch the bullet drop and catch them in the face.
post #10700 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsacevedo View Post

I have the most trouble when I'm MAV spotting. I don't get credit when I'm actually flying it because for some reason when I press 'back' to spot someone, they never light up. The only time I get the MAV spots is when I just drop it somewhere. Otherwise I get nothing.
Also, the BF3 claymore is the most inconsistent piece of junk on the planet. I have ran straight past many claymores and not even triggered an explosion. I got 12 claymore kills last night playing CQ, and I need 13 more. I witnessed enemies running through my claymores and Nexus' claymores on many occasions.

Try Tehran Highway. I get about 50-100 MAV spots per round on that map, along with about 20-30 MAV kills. Also, be sure to pause between spots/spot attempts for a second or two. I hear you on the claymores...I got kills mostly on stairwells by putting one and then another a few feet past, since it seems that a single one very rarely gets the full kill now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

What's so bad about the L96? Seems like a solid rifle to me, I've nailed people on the carrier from the crane on Sharqi with it. Probably has the best gun sound I've ever heard too....I just like firing it for the hell of it. tongue.gif
I absolutely love sniping in this game though....so satisfying when you pull off a long shot aimed way above their head, and watch the bullet drop and catch them in the face.

It's not that the L96 is a bad gun, per se, it's just that I abhor camping snipers. I don't like being forced into being one of them....AGAIN. I played over 3 hours yesterday and only got 29 kills with it. mad.gif Granted, I would get either frustrated or bored and hop in a jet or a tank once per map to keep me from falling asleep or cursing but sniping is not fun to me at all. On one map with 500% tickets, I had 5 L96 kills in about 40 minutes, yet got 13 kills in the jet in less than the last 5 minutes! Next map, same thing; 7 L96 kills in an hour, then18 kills with the tank in under 10 minutes. It's also incredibly frustrating for me to sit back and not PTFO while my team goes down in flames. frown.gif

I know everybody says, "Oh, just go on Metro and use iron sights," but every single time I try that I get the shot off, it does 80% damage and the other guy obliterates me with spray-and-pray. In BC2, I could get kills at distances of 300-500 yards/meters with ease, but in BF3, I can't hit shyte. I'm thinking I should use it on Rush instead of Conquest, since the attackers are forced into one to two places.

Still, it's beyond annoying that DICE decided to give out this last set of assignments that use the exact same weapons that the last set used, particularly just to get some crappy camo on crappy guns...not exactly my idea of "Premium Content." rolleyes.gif
Edited by spyder696969 - 7/31/12 at 8:40am
post #10701 of 16243
Spyder is there a requirement for the assignment to be a camping wookie outside the long range headshot?

Since you already got it run with 4X scope and straight pull bolt. Focus on headshots and it is one hit kill. On maps like Metro obviously you are f'd if it's a 2 on 1 but even 1 on 1 long distance against AR you can win if you go for headshot. You shouldn't be getting in that situation anyway if you run with a good squad makes it much so easier since that 80% turns into a kill or a big kill assist.
post #10702 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsacevedo View Post

Also, the BF3 claymore is the most inconsistent piece of junk on the planet. I have ran straight past many claymores and not even triggered an explosion. I got 12 claymore kills last night playing CQ, and I need 13 more. I witnessed enemies running through my claymores and Nexus' claymores on many occasions.

Claymores are a camper's binkie. It pains me to use them and it pains me even more when they don't work. Tried using them in the Metro buildings the other day and sat and watched everyone run right through them. It's one assignment that I'll probably take a year to complete and I'm not sure if I care that I do. Next round of assignments will probably have 50 mortar kills.
post #10703 of 16243
Yeah, I feel you. Even though I find the actual sniping fun, I know I'm not really contributing. Thats battlefield for you though...in a public game, only half the people playing are actually playing the game proper.

I also thought it was kinda ****** that the assignments make you use those specific guns again....I have like 3 LMGs I haven't even touched cause I still need so many PKP kills.
post #10704 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

Claymores are a camper's binkie. It pains me to use them and it pains me even more when they don't work. Tried using them in the Metro buildings the other day and sat and watched everyone run right through them. It's one assignment that I'll probably take a year to complete and I'm not sure if I care that I do. Next round of assignments will probably have 50 mortar kills.

haha yeah I focused on them hard and you HAVE to be a camper with a bipod to get any kills since if you die and even are revived your claymores go away. You saw the spot on Bazaar that I like it's guaranteed a few kills per round if you're content with setting up shop with a bipod outside the kitchen and then watch one of the two other alleys. Agree though that's it is really annoying to get.
post #10705 of 16243
Man i thought I was going to hate the PKP but I'm having some pretty good luck with it. I just left the iron sights on. The key seems to be to make sure you don't start your fire before being on the target. Once you have your cursor on the target you can hold down the trigger and go to town. Don't try to aim with the right stick while firing, either strafe or stop fire and readjust. I've been cleaning house with it using this method.

Side note-- Seems like the only thing i've been getting killed by recently is the Scar-L.

And I hate the l96 at distance. I didn't have any problem with the kills, but the headshot has been giving me problems. I hate how its bullet path starts left/right of target at any range. At least the sv is a straight drop. With the l96 you have to adjust from the get-go for the bullet starting left (maybe right.. can't remember now) of target.
post #10706 of 16243
Try Close Quarters maps for claymores, got all 25 in an hour or so there. Op 925 bathroom camping works well, plant one on each door and hide in a stall. Anybody gets through just mow em down. Bury them in the flags and people will run right in unknowingly. Doorways and stairs are good but don't put them in plain sight. Also don't go too nuts and move your tent every few kills or they will start avoiding you or swarming.
post #10707 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by htskinner View Post

Man i thought I was going to hate the PKP but I'm having some pretty good luck with it. I just left the iron sights on. The key seems to be to make sure you don't start your fire before being on the target. Once you have your cursor on the target you can hold down the trigger and go to town. Don't try to aim with the right stick while firing, either strafe or stop fire and readjust. I've been cleaning house with it using this method.

Side note-- Seems like the only thing i've been getting killed by recently is the Scar-L.

And I hate the l96 at distance. I didn't have any problem with the kills, but the headshot has been giving me problems. I hate how its bullet path starts left/right of target at any range. At least the sv is a straight drop. With the l96 you have to adjust from the get-go for the bullet starting left (maybe right.. can't remember now) of target.

Really? I never noticed that. L96 feels like a straight shot to me, at least when you're holding your breath.

I always use the LMGs with the bipod. Set up a good spot and just unload indiscriminately in their general direction, especially with the 200 round box. Doesn't always get the kills but you surpress like crazy and rack up tons of bonus points.
post #10708 of 16243
Yeah, the only reason I really notice it is because of how much I run the sv98/acog. Especially with l96 acog you can notice that you better put the triangle high right if you want to hit the head. It made/makes it a little more complicated to defend yourself up close with that first shot.
post #10709 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by htskinner View Post

Yeah, the only reason I really notice it is because of how much I run the sv98/acog. Especially with l96 acog you can notice that you better put the triangle high right if you want to hit the head. It made/makes it a little more complicated to defend yourself up close with that first shot.

Hmm, I guess that's unique to using the ACOG with it then? I always use the 12x scope with it, shoots like a laser over really long distances.

It does seem like it was a bit easier to get a OHK in BC2 though.
post #10710 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by htskinner View Post

Man i thought I was going to hate the PKP but I'm having some pretty good luck with it. I just left the iron sights on. The key seems to be to make sure you don't start your fire before being on the target. Once you have your cursor on the target you can hold down the trigger and go to town. Don't try to aim with the right stick while firing, either strafe or stop fire and readjust. I've been cleaning house with it using this method.

THIS X 1000000. You better be able to kill your target before he starts moving left to right. If you don't, you will die when he turns on you and the terrible spread on that gun is shooting a circle around the enemy. If you can get a straight shot the PKP is amazing, I've gotten some very good shots with it, but once you start moving that thing is useless. How do you use the PKP's iron sights? I can't see anything through them - I use either the KOBRA or HOLO.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Battlefield 3