or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Battlefield 3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Battlefield 3 - Page 414

post #12391 of 16243
Yeah I agree, I prefer Conquest at 200% and it really is not close. But then you can't put Rush mode in with those matches because 200% tickets ruins Rush. Dice should patch that, so when setting up the server we can dictate ticket count per game mode. I bet Scavenger is better at 200% as well. Just a guess, but I bet if you could slow that game mode down a bit it would be more enjoyable as well. Last night on Epicenter while playing Scavenger I found a PKP, set up high on E flag with the bipod and went to town picking them off coming out of A. With only 100 bullets it was nothing extraordinary but it was kind of cool for that mode.

I'm going to switch up the server, and of course anyone else can as well when your on.

I agree, the more PVR's the merrier!

I want to get in a squad in a good match where a couple of us are recording. Then have the other guys upload their capture to Google Drive so that I can download it and then make an edited video with split screen and multiple point of views and whatnot. I think the potential there could be pretty nice.
post #12392 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

I agree, the more PVR's the merrier!
I want to get in a squad in a good match where a couple of us are recording. Then have the other guys upload their capture to Google Drive so that I can download it and then make an edited video with split screen and multiple point of views and whatnot. I think the potential there could be pretty nice.



That would be sweet.
post #12393 of 16243
Mph - I think you might be suited for a career in film as a director or maybe an editor. That would be cool to see footage edited together from different angles.

Trail - give the M16A4 a try. It handles likes the M16A3, but has even less recoil and seems to drop people faster. The burst fire was awkward at first, but man that gun is lethal if you're quick with the trigger. For some reason my stats list all my M16A4 kills as M16A3 kills, but I assure you most of those kills were with the A4. Prob the same for Snake... he has like 10K kills with that gun - ridiculous!
post #12394 of 16243
I'm getting a pvr. i swear haha. gonna have over 40 hours of OT this week so I probably won't hesitate quite as much.

I like the A4 more than the A3 as well but I have to switch to the A3 if I'm not able to play very much, have to add a little bit of that spray and pray effect hah. My fav setup is still the A4 with acog but I just can't run it unless i'm back to comfortable with the controller. Running the A3, the A4 seems to be the only gun I come up against that will consistently beat me in a fight. Then again that person is usually hapi so there's no telling haha.
Trail i'd give it a try if you've been playing often, switching to the burst is def a good change up if you want to improve your quick draw. You'd be amazed how you'll fix your aim to compensate the difference. The burst weapon can be night/day with how fast and effectively you'll track a target because you won't get lazy on the trigger.

Hapi you on tonight? Who else?
Lowgn was even on last night, was cracra.
post #12395 of 16243
Shopping PVR's right now. The Roxio one sounds very buggy, so that one is out. I'll let you know if I pull the trigger on one.

Had to sleep last night, but I'll be on tonight.

I only started using the M16A4 because Snake was always killing me with it. Works well in close quarters, and is second only to the G3A3 for long range effectiveness. I run it with the flash suppressor and foregrip.
post #12396 of 16243
The A4 was my go to fun for a long time, I left it only to get the dogtags for the other guns. I fell in love with the F2000. I'll go back to the A4 to try it out again. I am really liking the 3.4 scopes on my weapons.
post #12397 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

Also when you equip the bolt you carry all the bolts you have unlocked. Makes the recon class a little more deadly. Thinking about it this morning I can potentially run around with my SKS for close-medium range. My 93R as a quick backup. Then the xbow which would be all around deadly. Regular bolt for medium range, balanced bolt for long distances, HE bolt to take down choppers and help with vehicles and the scan bolt if I want to scan an area. To change bolts its down on the dpad.

That's interesting. I did not realize the xbow was like that. I started trying to unlock all of it today. Still have a little ways to go.
post #12398 of 16243
I had a lot of fun playing these new maps last night (despite my constant complaining). I find the aftershocks/tremors annoying, but I really enjoyed the way these maps are laid out. They are also a very good size and I never feel like I'm running forever and not finding anyone to shoot at. I like these maps just as much as the rarely played Karkand maps, and I may like then even more just due to the fact that they seem a bit smaller, but not CoD small. It took some time to get used to the quicker pace, and playing the maps against people who knew the spots was tough (I HATE head-glitchers!). I'll be glad when everyone finishes the Silent Assassin assignment so that all of the AS-VALs disappear. That gun is nice, but I need more bullets. Having only 22 just isn't enough. I need to win some more scavenger games so I can unlock the cheese-bow.

There are two things that bother me about the new assignments: (1) enemy AT mines do not count as equipment towards the Fire in the Hole! assignment, and (2) double kills are not counted as multi-kills for the Rambo assignment. I want that Rambo tag so bad, but I feel like it's going to be really difficult to get a multi-kill, and now they want me to get 5? I can get doubles, but I'm assuming that if doubles don't count, neither do triples so it would have to be a kill of 4 or more.

I still haven't finished all of the Armored Kill assignments. I may never get the Maverick or Get to tha Choppa tags, just because (a) I stink in the jet, and (b) whenever I'm in the choppa, the pilot never goes after tanks. Usually we go to destroy the other chopper than we chase jets (which sucks if you are the gunner) until the choppa responds. I also need to get 23 more mortar kills (ugh, is it even worth trying to get mortal kills in normal games?) and 23 more kill assists with the laser designator (I am not even sure what the requirements are for this). I light them up, then they get destroyed and I get nothing but damage assists, rarely a kill assist. I also need 5 more mobile artillery kills, but that thing is horrible. I need to just kill my SPM and try to get these done, then play some close quarters during a double XP event to raise it back up. Why do this you ask? Because I hate having uncompleted objectives staring at me, no matter how tedious they are. It's a thing with how I'm wired.
post #12399 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

The A4 was my go to fun for a long time, I left it only to get the dogtags for the other guns. I fell in love with the F2000. I'll go back to the A4 to try it out again. I am really liking the 3.4 scopes on my weapons.

I keep trying out other guns but it's just so easy to kills with that A4 that I can't stop using it. I should try out more guns though... there's a few assault rifles I haven't used yet. The F2000 was one of my favs too, and at one time the M416, ASVAL, G3A3, USAS, FAMAS, SCAR-H, M4A1, and the G36C too. Now I'm using the M16A4 (of course), ACW-R, L86A2, and JNG-90 as my go to guns.
post #12400 of 16243
May be done with Aftermath already. I've not been in the greatest mood the last few days to begin with but both Tuesday and Wednesday I played and both days I got my azz handed to me. Scavenger is worse than gunmaster ever was. GM eventually let you off the hand gun and the maps were a bit more spread out so you could relax a second without raging. Yea there's weapons if you get to one without dying and actually get kills once yyou do get one.

Conquest isn't too bad but there's too GD many angles to be killed from. Rush was both better and worse than Conquest. Better in that its good rush maps worse in that the enemy can circle around way too easily. Again, shot in azz constantly both on offense and defense especially far off the objective towards your spawn.

Trying to work on old assignments and not getting any kills is super fun. The games Wednesday had some lag on my end, enough to notice anyway, whole mags to get no kill at 10 feet. I switched to recon and did better but anything close got me dead. At one point I just gave up and walked around aimlessly and eventually just left.

All in all the maps look great and I want to like it but its too frustrating for me. There just doesn't seem to be a place to get collected back up after a bad run on any of these maps. Spawn-die rinse and repeat. Trail was getting tons of kills in his video and that definitely did not reflect my experience so far.

May try again this weekend may just skip it and go to something else.
post #12401 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

May be done with Aftermath already. I've not been in the greatest mood the last few days to begin with but both Tuesday and Wednesday I played and both days I got my azz handed to me. Scavenger is worse than gunmaster ever was. GM eventually let you off the hand gun and the maps were a bit more spread out so you could relax a second without raging. Yea there's weapons if you get to one without dying and actually get kills once yyou do get one.
Conquest isn't too bad but there's too GD many angles to be killed from. Rush was both better and worse than Conquest. Better in that its good rush maps worse in that the enemy can circle around way too easily. Again, shot in azz constantly both on offense and defense especially far off the objective towards your spawn.
Trying to work on old assignments and not getting any kills is super fun. The games Wednesday had some lag on my end, enough to notice anyway, whole mags to get no kill at 10 feet. I switched to recon and did better but anything close got me dead. At one point I just gave up and walked around aimlessly and eventually just left.
All in all the maps look great and I want to like it but its too frustrating for me. There just doesn't seem to be a place to get collected back up after a bad run on any of these maps. Spawn-die rinse and repeat. Trail was getting tons of kills in his video and that definitely did not reflect my experience so far.
May try again this weekend may just skip it and go to something else.

Sounds like rust since you've been mostly playing other games. Couple that with a laggy connection, and I'm not surprised by your reaction.

Scavenger is tough, it forces you to use guns & scopes you're not familiar with which makes it difficult to get kills. I think that's a great equalizer tho, because you rarely see anyone getting more than 15 kills and most players under 10.

You're right about the getting hit from multiple angles... they could be coming from behind, left, right, front, above, below, several levels above... really forces you to stay with your squad and cover their flank because alone you're a sitting duck.

Think I'm going to purchase this: http://www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-Edition-Definition-Capture-Passthrough/dp/B008ZT8QKO/ref=pd_cp_pc_0
post #12402 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

You're right about the getting hit from multiple angles... they could be coming from behind, left, right, front, above, below, several levels above... really forces you to stay with your squad and cover their flank because alone you're a sitting duck.

Doing this helped me a lot when I was getting upset, I just started making sure I was running with at least one teammate. It made such a huge difference. Me and Captain Blica we were around on a scaveneger map and were able to get some good caps because in scavenger numbers are a must. You cannot go lone wolf on scavenger.
post #12403 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

Sounds like rust since you've been mostly playing other games. Couple that with a laggy connection, and I'm not surprised by your reaction.
Scavenger is tough, it forces you to use guns & scopes you're not familiar with which makes it difficult to get kills. I think that's a great equalizer tho, because you rarely see anyone getting more than 15 kills and most players under 10.
You're right about the getting hit from multiple angles... they could be coming from behind, left, right, front, above, below, several levels above... really forces you to stay with your squad and cover their flank because alone you're a sitting duck.
Think I'm going to purchase this: http://www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-Edition-Definition-Capture-Passthrough/dp/B008ZT8QKO/ref=pd_cp_pc_0


They finally released an HDMI version. I still have the first one, I no longer use it though. For a MAC user it wasnt the greatest experience for me. The software doesnt support Macs so I had to get another program that would let me use it. The program was decent but I have enjoyed the software that came with the Elgato GameCapture much more. Plus if I forget to hit record and something great happens where I missed it I can always rewind and record it.

If you pick it up let us know how you like it. HDMI is a huge improvement just for the fact you use less wires.
post #12404 of 16243
Happi and Snake - I may try the a4 out. Sometimes my snap aim is off so I tend to shy away from burst or semi rifles. I've been playing another fps on ps3 the last few days so that doesn't help with switching to a burst rifle either. Maybe one day.

mph - let me know next time and we can try and get a squad going with pvrs. It usually helps if we can plan in advance so I can make sure I get the game time in, or else I'll end up doing a cheesey Christmas sweater pub crawl, like I am tonight.

Agree its more important to stay together, especially in scav. I've also found that the ammo crate is huge in sustaining a good kill streak if you can make it there with a good gun. Overall I'm liking the maps and would enjoy them in a rotation with vanilla and karkand.
post #12405 of 16243
I found success on Scavenger by camping flag areas and knowing where the nearest 2 weapon spawn locations are so I could easily refresh my weapon, or simply camping a weapon spawn area. Normally I'm on the offensive, but in that mode it seems easier to just let the action come to you. And as a general tip: don't run down the middle of a courtyard or street... always keep a couple of walls to your back or side by running along the edges.
post #12406 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

They finally released an HDMI version. I still have the first one, I no longer use it though. For a MAC user it wasnt the greatest experience for me. The software doesnt support Macs so I had to get another program that would let me use it. The program was decent but I have enjoyed the software that came with the Elgato GameCapture much more. Plus if I forget to hit record and something great happens where I missed it I can always rewind and record it.
If you pick it up let us know how you like it. HDMI is a huge improvement just for the fact you use less wires.

Or this one: http://www.amazon.com/Elgato-Capture-PlayStation-Recorder-10025010/dp/B00840353W/ref=pd_cp_pc_0

About the same price with good feedback...
post #12407 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

Or this one: http://www.amazon.com/Elgato-Capture-PlayStation-Recorder-10025010/dp/B00840353W/ref=pd_cp_pc_0
About the same price with good feedback...


Thats what I use and I love it. Some minor issues in if I forget to start the program it will turn the screen black for a few seconds. But besides that its great.
post #12408 of 16243
Cool. Any lag with the hdmi pass thru?
post #12409 of 16243
None that I notice.
post #12410 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

Cool. Any lag with the hdmi pass thru?
This has been my main hold up on the hdmi pass through versions but most seems to say they don't notice it, why don't you find out for sure wink.gif
post #12411 of 16243
Ok, ordered the Elgato HD. I'll get it tomorrow cool.gif
post #12412 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by htskinner View Post

This has been my main hold up on the hdmi pass through versions but most seems to say they don't notice it, why don't you find out for sure wink.gif

Seeing as I play on a few different TV's, 2 of them being the same model, I have never noticed lag on the one with the GameCapture. Now maybe you are more of a videophile than I am and if there is you would notice it. But as far as I can tell I dont think there is any.


Now that Hapi is picking it up we can have our 4 in a squad while recording.
post #12413 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

Seeing as I play on a few different TV's, 2 of them being the same model, I have never noticed lag on the one with the GameCapture. Now maybe you are more of a videophile than I am and if there is you would notice it. But as far as I can tell I dont think there is any.
Now that Hapi is picking it up we can have our 4 in a squad while recording.
Yeah, maybe thats it. rolleyes.gif
post #12414 of 16243
Awesome, happi. Can't wait to see some vids. Ive been saving a few clips here and there if I ever plan to do a montage. Got some explosive bolt kills and a couple RPG v chopper shots last night.
post #12415 of 16243
I forgot that I got an RPG v chopper shot last night and when I turned around to cap a flag snake was checking to see if the xbow bolt was stuck in some dudes a$$ he just killed with it. biggrin.gif
post #12416 of 16243
Yeah lots of fun playing with the old crew last night really miss it. Inital impression I like the DLC so far just need to learn the maps some more.

I will be on and off tonight but planning on getting on 830-11 and then probably 1230-3 if things go according to plan but I'm taking care of the baby so we'll see how that goes
post #12417 of 16243
Even Rocky had a montage. My first will be nothing but me shooting down helicopters with a tank.
post #12418 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post

I forgot that I got an RPG v chopper shot last night and when I turned around to cap a flag snake was checking to see if the xbow bolt was stuck in some dudes a$$ he just killed with it. biggrin.gif
Lmao Ya a guy bailed out of it, landed on the power pole and just sat there so i xbow'd him, glanced over to see you blow the chopper up then back as the guy ragdolld off the pole. His damn C4 trigger fooled me, was sticking through. Kinda disappointed they don't stick in. I dunno if they go through, I had 2 guys lined up a couple times last night but only got 1 kill.
post #12419 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by htskinner View Post

Lmao Ya a guy bailed out of it, landed on the power pole and just sat there so i xbow'd him, glanced over to see you blow the chopper up then back as the guy ragdolld off the pole. His damn C4 trigger fooled me, was sticking through. Kinda disappointed they don't stick in. I dunno if they go through, I had 2 guys lined up a couple times last night but only got 1 kill.

I thought the same thing till I saw a double headshot with xbow. Maybe it only goes through the head.


I'll be on tonight. Around 10 or so, east coast time.


Just noticed double xp starting tomorrow till the 10th. When will they get it right and start it on a friday
post #12420 of 16243
Nexus I'm sure a little bit is rust. But I'm sure the rest of us are kind of feeling the same things. I mean these maps are crazy and we just are not familiar with them yet. Trail may be on to something there with using a suppressor on these maps. And I suspect when we go to our usual 200% ticket count we will have more time in the match to be tactical. I find the 100% ticket matches to not be as fun because it can become such a mad crazy rush like running around with your head cut off. Wtf. Larger ticket counts should play more to our advantage when there is a group of us on, I would imagine. I pretty much agree with Snake there.

I'm excited about you getting a recorder Hapi. I've got a nice clip of you shooting a Jet out of the sky with your Tank from a couple weeks ago.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Battlefield 3