So put in about 3 hours so far and I'm liking the game quite a bit. There are goods/bads.
- You are rewarded (or more rewarded) for: squadmates spawning off you, disarming/arming MCOMS, reviving, various teammate things.
- I enjoy the leveling up of the guns. The customization is really nice.
- Animations are very sweet. Though I did have difficulty hopping a fence.
- Health meters now above everyone. As a medic, this is nice.
- When going to revive someone, you can see who you are about to revive. MUCH APPRECIATED.
- Leveling up is very fast. Maybe it's because of the beta and they want to see how people use perks over time.
- Suppression fire is really sweet. It's a nice addition.
- There is some music that plays if the MCOM is lit with 5 tickets left. Kill everyone and the game is still not over. That's right - you still have to disarm the MCOM or the base is lost. I really like this as it yields some nail-biting endings.
- The landscape feels more dynamic. Anti-air missiles are launched and take out approaching Hercules aircraft. Kinda like Atacama Desert but the missile wake is huge - wonder if I'd get burned in it.
- Fires cause damage to you. Neat!
- K/D is now shown on scoreboard throughout the match. So if you're having a bad match, everyone knows it. I pissed off Lowgn by asking him how his game was going after noticing he was having an abysmal match (after getting my tags - jerk!). Sorry, Lowgn - I honestly did not mean to offend you. After the initial jabs at the end of the match, this last time wasn't meant to be a jab or anything negative. I'm not Link! I was figuring you were going for my tags again or using the SMG at range which seemed to not be the same as BC2, so I was curious to know if that wasn't working well or something. I guess this just illustrates how it can be a negative. I personally like it just so I can see how I did with everyone else, but I'm sure if Link was calling everyone out in the party it would get old fast.
- The game feels very much like I'm playing COD. No vehicles, no destructible buildings. That said, I don't mind it. I don't play COD (just the demos and didn't like them), but I do enjoy the game. I find myself having to tear myself away from the game even though it's 1.5 hours past my bed time!
- Still getting disconnected from games. UGH.
- Joining in as a group is a real PITA. So far it's just the 4 that can join in like BC2, but a lot of times you're split up on teams. Once we even got split up into 3 separate squads. This really needs to be fixed.
- I really wish they kept explosive damage to MCOMS. At current BC2 levels it's a nice option if the enemy team is doing a good job of disarming.
- The knife is still really weird. Animations are great, but I have failed to knife someone in the front, yet got knifed myself when I was at 100% (someone in the party said I should've been taken down to 50%). I failed to knife someone from behind a couple times, too. Ugh!
- Killcam is still in the game. I got teabagged for the first time tonight.
- A couple times I felt like the earth was shakin' or I was makin' love to the ground. A few times a squadmate spawned and was half underground/half above.
- Sometimes looking around you get white flashes.
- Medpacks blow through walls. Seriously - concrete walls, aluminum walls, whatever. Want it out of the way? Throw a medpack on it! Oddly, trees cannot be broken by medpacks. If you guys like, I'll get this on video tomorrow for the LOLZ.
- If you aren't sure about this game, do try it out. It is fun and addicting and still does have a battlefield feel to it.
- When you do join, you will die and die a lot. You'll learn quickly to duck to prone every now and then just in case someone sees you. Running out in the open gets you killed much faster than in BC2.
- If you don't have the beta but want to know how it's going, by all means join my/our party and ask away. I joined RaZoR/Smokiee/etc's party afterwards to answer some questions and I hope that was OK with them (seemed they appreciated it).
- The beta is 1.3 GB in size, so be ready to wait a good 20-30 minutes or more.
- Thank you Sal for giving me this opportunity (though I did curse your name a few times while we were all trying to get into a game for a good hour!).
- If you want me to take some video of something, I certainly can. Not sure what I can take that is different from other footage already posted, but let me know if there is something you want to see