or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Battlefield 3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Battlefield 3 - Page 435

post #13021 of 16243
On Tehran, I wasn't doing so bad. At least I was getting kills. It was only us 4 and the rest of or team were noobs.
post #13022 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

Let me know what a good password is. Right if the server is private I think the password is "avsavs". It has to be 6 characters, not sure if numbers are an option if so 123456 might be a better password...idk.

Well tonight I learned one more reason for why I don't like joining servers with rules. The server's first rule was no shotguns. So what does most of the other team run with. That's right...Shotgun slug. Terribly OP on Metro, considering they don't really get suppressed, and pretty much anywhere on the body hitbox, as long as you are not far away, is a kill. They apparently work great when coupled with spawn protection. Of course the dumb admin wasn't there, but the morons that like to go all rebellious were. Our randoms sucked though, so that was our main downfall. Pretty sure they were communicating. So now I have another reason not to join a server with stupid rules.

Tough night, getting flipped on Tehran and then again on Metro several times. Teabagged by shotgun sluggers. Hmmm...maybe I should get a hitlist like that guy in that knife video, and we could have a troll night. I digress.

Pfft. Don't you know that rules only apply to the enemy team? Any "grown-ass man" should know that. wink.gif
post #13023 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Pfft. Don't you know that rules only apply to the enemy team? Any "grown-ass man" should know that. wink.gif


Or the very least a level 100 colonel
post #13024 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

Well tonight I learned one more reason for why I don't like joining servers with rules. The server's first rule was no shotguns. So what does most of the other team run with. That's right...Shotgun slug. Terribly OP on Metro, considering they don't really get suppressed, and pretty much anywhere on the body hitbox, as long as you are not far away, is a kill. They apparently work great when coupled with spawn protection. Of course the dumb admin wasn't there, but the morons that like to go all rebellious were. Our randoms sucked though, so that was our main downfall. Pretty sure they were communicating. So now I have another reason not to join a server with stupid rules.

Tough night, getting flipped on Tehran and then again on Metro several times. Teabagged by shotgun sluggers. Hmmm...maybe I should get a hitlist like that guy in that knife video, and we could have a troll night. I digress.

Last night was horrible for me. Bad lag and hit detection. I fired 3 shotgun slugs into a guy's back (I was ADS and only about 20 feet away, not suppressed) and none of them registered. Then he turns around and shoots me once and I die... nice. Then I was using the PP-19, and it didn't matter if I was silenced or suppressed, I was shooting lillies and marshmallows out of my gun. Guys just refused to die. And the bunny hopping, THE !$% %$#^ *&@#^*! BULL$%*! BUNNY HOPPING!!!!! I was at rage level 10 pushing over into 11. I would have rage quit if Brian wasn't there to talk me back from the ledge. There were time when I put over 10 bullets into a guy and nothing happened. I haven't been that mad at a video game in a LONG time. Was that a west server or maybe Euro? I don't get good connections with west at all.I always stick to east and south since there is no love for the mid-west. I had one good streak where it felt like my shots were registering and got 8 or 9 kills in a row, but there was also a point where I emptied the entire 55 bullet magazine into 2 enemies that I flanked and neither of them died; I only got like 50 and 60 point kill assists. I know for a fact that I'm not that bad of a shot. The enemy wasn't even that good, it was just straight BS for me. I got shot around corners while taking cover and before I even came around corners (which hasn't happened to me since I stopped playing CoD). Oh, and when I was in the locker room on Metro, I tried to take cover behind the lockers and my character was rubber banded from between the lockers and I got killed by two guys. I am still mad about this.

post #13025 of 16243
I looked early on when I joined that server (after I noticed odd happenings) but the server we were on last night was an East Coast Server. Using my suppressed AN-94 I specifically remember a couple times of putting way more bullets in the back of a shotgun slugger than necessary to take him down, but he didn't die. Now it seemed to only happen a couple times for me, that I noticed at least. Maybe the problem is on the other guys end, though I thought I was still getting hit markers in my scenario...just no kill.

Would the other guy being far away from the "East Coast" make it harder to kill him?
post #13026 of 16243
Smoop I feel you, shotgun with slug is gangster strong but I dont hate the game, just the player. I dont know how many of you have shot slugs in real life but they are massively powerful and the game replicates this. It still is a bitch gun though.

I think a private fun server will do a lot of us good. Sometimes it is nice to unwinde and have fun. The "Boost" match I was in the other day was fun and follow the leader with helichopters is halarious biggrin.gif

A couple pics for you.


post #13027 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsacevedo View Post

Last night was horrible for me. Bad lag and hit detection. I fired 3 shotgun slugs into a guy's back (I was ADS and only about 20 feet away, not suppressed) and none of them registered. Then he turns around and shoots me once and I die... nice. Then I was using the PP-19, and it didn't matter if I was silenced or suppressed, I was shooting lillies and marshmallows out of my gun. Guys just refused to die. And the bunny hopping, THE !$% %$#^ *&@#^*! BULL$%*! BUNNY HOPPING!!!!! I was at rage level 10 pushing over into 11. I would have rage quit if Brian wasn't there to talk me back from the ledge. There were time when I put over 10 bullets into a guy and nothing happened. I haven't been that mad at a video game in a LONG time. Was that a west server or maybe Euro? I don't get good connections with west at all.I always stick to east and south since there is no love for the mid-west. I had one good streak where it felt like my shots were registering and got 8 or 9 kills in a row, but there was also a point where I emptied the entire 55 bullet magazine into 2 enemies that I flanked and neither of them died; I only got like 50 and 60 point kill assists. I know for a fact that I'm not that bad of a shot. The enemy wasn't even that good, it was just straight BS for me. I got shot around corners while taking cover and before I even came around corners (which hasn't happened to me since I stopped playing CoD). Oh, and when I was in the locker room on Metro, I tried to take cover behind the lockers and my character was rubber banded from between the lockers and I got killed by two guys. I am still mad about this.

Welcome to what I experience on the AVS server each and every single time I "HOP" on. mad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

I looked early on when I joined that server (after I noticed odd happenings) but the server we were on last night was an East Coast Server. Using my suppressed AN-94 I specifically remember a couple times of putting way more bullets in the back of a shotgun slugger than necessary to take him down, but he didn't die. Now it seemed to only happen a couple times for me, that I noticed at least. Maybe the problem is on the other guys end, though I thought I was still getting hit markers in my scenario...just no kill.

Would the other guy being far away from the "East Coast" make it harder to kill him?

I can tell you that without a doubt that someone being far away from the east coast does NOT make them harder to kill.

If such were the case, I could still wear my clown suit and not be the only guy that gets one-shot killed (or even shot at) while running in the exact middle of a pack of 6 guys.
post #13028 of 16243
Sounds like I've been missing out on some fun times.

I don't think there's a whole lot of rhyme or reason to the lag issues everyone has been experiencing. Some servers have no lag, others suck monkey balls, and most of 'em somewhere inbetween. I've played on great servers in euro, east, south, west, and ****** ones in all of those same places. For some reason I always find the AVS server moderately laggy, which feels like only 80% of my bullets hit. That's why I jump servers often until I find one that's workable.
post #13029 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

Sounds like I've been missing out on some fun times.

I don't think there's a whole lot of rhyme or reason to the lag issues everyone has been experiencing. Some servers have no lag, others suck monkey balls, and most of 'em somewhere inbetween. I've played on great servers in euro, east, south, west, and ****** ones in all of those same places. For some reason I always find the AVS server moderately laggy, which feels like only 80% of my bullets hit. That's why I jump servers often until I find one that's workable.

this is 100% accurate and what happens with me
post #13030 of 16243
I know this isn't a fair comparison, but it seems like playing on Xbox is nothing like playing on PC. I watch some of these PC guys play and they are taking guys out in 4 or 5 shots, what kind of internet do they have and how can I get it. Oh, just to make us all feel like scrubs, you remember that video I posted about the guy with the epic Xbow shots? Well, here he is showcasing just how "easy" it is to get the Rambo tag. I don't think he realizes just how hard most of that stuff is to do for most players (including me).

post #13031 of 16243
Shmoop,

I think it is way easier on PC. You have double the people to kill. And I didnt see him shooting (Because it annoyed me he randomly throws a grenade and gets 4+kills) so I would say it is LOTS of hours and just a few good clips.

I have never PC gamed but I have heard KB&M>controller every time so that adds to the ease.

Stay warm out there I will be golfing in shorts and 78 degree weather but will hop on after, hope to see you all on.
post #13032 of 16243
I saw that video earlier today while waiting for someone. I was going to post it up when I got back to my laptop. He does it make it look easy but he must be the luckiest player on xbox. There is never 4+ guys around when I throw a grenade and the LAV is never packed full for me. Also the rumble kills, whats the team spawning there? Maybe rush mode is easier to predict where the players will be. Not sure but I will have to give it a shot next time.
post #13033 of 16243
Oh, THAT'S all I had to do! PPffftt.

Is that a premium dogtag anyways? Don't remember seeing it on my list of Assignments...
post #13034 of 16243
All you got to do is shoot down helicopters with RPG's... I don't see what's so hard about that.

That video does make me want to play some Rush tho.
post #13035 of 16243
Agreed. I'm on tonight and definitely up for some rush!
post #13036 of 16243
I'll be on soon
post #13037 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

All you got to do is shoot down helicopters with RPG's... I don't see what's so hard about that.

That video does make me want to play some Rush tho.

I was thinking the same thing earlier. Going to load up the server with Rush mode. 15 maps 2 rounds a piece. Looks like I just missed you. Getting on now.
post #13038 of 16243
Good games last night. Definitely enjoyed the change of pace and playing Rush!
post #13039 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

Good games last night. Definitely enjoyed the change of pace and playing Rush!


That thought would of changed had you stayed for Caspian Border. We were dominated by the skies which didnt help the ground game. Couldnt get close enough since there tanks were sniping us across the map and the transport chopper couldnt make it since the jet would take me out in a few seconds. Wasnt pretty at all.
post #13040 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsacevedo View Post

I know this isn't a fair comparison, but it seems like playing on Xbox is nothing like playing on PC. I watch some of these PC guys play and they are taking guys out in 4 or 5 shots, what kind of internet do they have and how can I get it. Oh, just to make us all feel like scrubs, you remember that video I posted about the guy with the epic Xbow shots? Well, here he is showcasing just how "easy" it is to get the Rambo tag. I don't think he realizes just how hard most of that stuff is to do for most players (including me).


Shmoop,

Remember that there are nearly 3X as many players on PC. Ever thrown a grenade and got 2-3 kills? Double or triple that on PC. Also, this is a montage, so it's not like he's getting 4+ kills every few seconds.

Additionally, I find it amusing that he claims that dropping C4 (Nexus style) is somehow "trolling," yet he places C4 or mines all over an objective, then tosses a grenade on the whole mess. rolleyes.gif
post #13041 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

That thought would of changed had you stayed for Caspian Border. We were dominated by the skies which didnt help the ground game. Couldnt get close enough since there tanks were sniping us across the map and the transport chopper couldnt make it since the jet would take me out in a few seconds. Wasnt pretty at all.

I had a feeling that would happen. The other team did have a decent jet pilot.
post #13042 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

Good games last night. Definitely enjoyed the change of pace and playing Rush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

That thought would of changed had you stayed for Caspian Border. We were dominated by the skies which didnt help the ground game. Couldnt get close enough since there tanks were sniping us across the map and the transport chopper couldnt make it since the jet would take me out in a few seconds. Wasnt pretty at all.

Yeah, ridiculousness ensued as soon as you left Zath. A party of 8-10 guys joined and all were on the other team. Before I had time to plan an attack or really try we had 10 tickets. Then Defending went even worse. I mean these guys were owning us. Then out of nowhere as I am trying to kill a tank (on foot) while defending I get shot in the back by his protectors and teabagged. I was surprised at that because there was no history that called for the teabag...so I booted him immediately. I was just like, "You know what...see ya."

So then he invites me to the party. I invite him to ours but he doesn't come, so I do go to his. There were 7 other guys in their party (and they had others they were talking about who were not in the party, but who were in the match). None of them would shut up long enough to let me talk and it was basically pointless. For what it is worth they did seem to call the one guy that teabagged me an idiot after I told them why I kicked him...and like an hour later that guy invited me back to their party saying, "He wanted to apologize". I didn't go, but wondered it he was serious or not.

I wonder if this is why I have been turned away from Rush mode. It just seems like you get these massive parties together and they completely roll over an uncoordinated team, like we had last night with our 3 man party. And there is not too much you can do about it. I mean...you can die. IDK...I was all for trying to have some good competitive Rush games...but it just wasn't meant to be.

I think, honestly, what the problem here is the fact that BF3 has a terrible balancing system. There just seems to be no way to get a good even match. You either roll the other team, or they roll you. Only every now and then do the matches seem to be truly divided down the middle. It's just a shame that the balancing system on xbox doesn't do much because when matches have evenly balanced teams, they are incredible.

BTW, those guys in that party did not want to get balanced.
post #13043 of 16243
Yeah a good group of people playing together dominate rush. It's been that way since Bad Company 2 and earlier. Defending is usually easier if you have a map with an MCOM that you can camp like Seine Crossing B crate 1st base. You just can't go off and lone-wolf in Rush, and I hate to say it, but you need to camp objectives in order to succeed. I'll be on for more later today - Rush/Conquest/Scavenger/TeamDeathmatch/whatever smile.gif
post #13044 of 16243
On now
post #13045 of 16243
I think I might try to get some games in before football starts. Getting on now.
post #13046 of 16243
I remember seeing some Rambo tags last night and wondered what that was.
post #13047 of 16243
I'll be on after the games. I might squeeze a quick halftime game in
post #13048 of 16243
Well planned to get back on but got sidetracked, uploaded a scout chopper run earlier. thnx to zath, mph and hapi. We were a multi-kill waiting to happen, but didn't! And sorry zath, I have the 2nd of you flying too but not really any good views to see whats going on.
post #13049 of 16243
I just watched that chopper run, very nice Snake. Hopefully I will be on tonight after a bit of a hiatus.
post #13050 of 16243
Yeah super nice run Snake. The clip seemed longer than just 10 minutes. It was just non stop action. I would have hit 20 buildings half way through.

BTW a guy messaged me after that game. He was on the other team and said that I was stacking my team in my favor, and that he was going to remove the AVS server from his favorites' list. At the end of your clip you can see his name on the other team...SSK TUG and he was 1-1...so maybe he just joined. I went like 2-6 that whole game mainly trying to repair the chopper...6000 point game though for me. Guess I'm the admin that just loads my team up and watches it win...just along for the ride!

I think I will try to send that guy a link of your video and tell him that I don't stack teams, and that when I am playing with friends I always try to make sure our team has less players and that our randoms are worse than the opposing team.

And I will be on after the game.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Battlefield 3