or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Battlefield 3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Battlefield 3 - Page 499

post #14941 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Zath, since you have more computer knowledge than myself, I ask you this: If the rumor is true, is 12GB (9GB if 3GB is still used for other stuff) of DDR3 RAM better than 8GB of DDR5?


I am going to use a PC as an example, if those were 2 PC's and both played BF4 on the Ultra settings at 60FPS (yes I know the Video card plays the biggest role on this) and both PC's ran equally to the human eye, would it really matter? Now if both PC gave you the same experience and the the DDR5 is $100 cheaper than I agree I would choose that PC over the other.

I still bring back that for multi-platform games both games will look and play the same on both consoles. This is why on specs havent sold me when it comes to the next gen consoles. For me its the experience and right now MS wins me over for that. I know Sony has mentioned party chat will be an option, and it should be, but its not here yet and we dont know if it will be when the PS4 gets released.

There is still plenty of time from now till November and Sony could release the newer PSN+ and show off party chat, which I think they should do before the PS4 release. Its still to early in the game and with both sides still kind of "hiding" details anything can change.
post #14942 of 16243
Why does GS make the gaming experience so effffen complicated!
post #14943 of 16243
I wish I had seen this sooner, I would of been singing all night long. "I got little birdy legs birdy legs"

Quote of the day "Stupid rubs off"



post #14944 of 16243
freakin' hilarious. Grenade toss FTW

Spyder, size vs speed -

In this instance,more RAM means more stuff can be loaded without the CPU having to work so hard. Faster RAM means data can be loaded/unloaded faster, which is more CPU intensive. As an example:

Say the PS4 needs only 1gb of space for its OS, as compared to the X-Bone (we don't know what it needs because Sony hasn't released that info)

MS Upping the RAM count means we're left with:

X-Bone 9GB RAM
PS4 7GB RAM

Meaning that developers can create games that utilize up to 7GB of RAM.

If Microsoft DIDN'T up the RAM count and the OS requirements were as mentioned, that would mean:

X-Bone 5GB RAM
PS4 7GB RAM

Developers can only create games utilizing up to 5GB RAM

RAM is so cheap that I'm really surprised both consoles aren't running 12GB anyways. As posted many times, devs are going to be creating based on the lowest common denominator, which in this generation will likely be the amount of RAM handy.

That's just one part of the equation. How many processes do each OS use is the other major consideration.





Does anyone else get the sinking feeling that maybe Xbox cloud computing is just their way of having lots of people beta-test the next generation of Windows which uses cloud computing for everything from system clock to start button layout?
post #14945 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Zath, since you have more computer knowledge than myself, I ask you this: If the rumor is true, is 12GB (9GB if 3GB is still used for other stuff) of DDR3 RAM better than 8GB of DDR5?


I am going to use a PC as an example, if those were 2 PC's and both played BF4 on the Ultra settings at 60FPS (yes I know the Video card plays the biggest role on this) and both PC's ran equally to the human eye, would it really matter? Now if both PC gave you the same experience and the the DDR5 is $100 cheaper than I agree I would choose that PC over the other.

I still bring back that for multi-platform games both games will look and play the same on both consoles. This is why on specs havent sold me when it comes to the next gen consoles. For me its the experience and right now MS wins me over for that. I know Sony has mentioned party chat will be an option, and it should be, but its not here yet and we dont know if it will be when the PS4 gets released.

There is still plenty of time from now till November and Sony could release the newer PSN+ and show off party chat, which I think they should do before the PS4 release. Its still to early in the game and with both sides still kind of "hiding" details anything can change.

Thing is, their not equal. PS3 BF3 looks better and that is an honest review. Now that I can actually do a side by side I see the differences as well as compare to a low end PC. PS3 BF looks closer to PC. The particles on bullet ricochets are a lot more present and orangey. 360 ricochets are thin, white blasts in comparison. I noticed the orange gunfire blasts on YouTube vids from PC and as soon as I fired up the PS saw them as well.

So that is a minor thing but it does illustrate that even now, on a two year old game that graphically the Xbox isn't as good. I would liken the PS3 to a low to mid range PC for BF3 PC specs at that time. Saints Row 3 or 4 or whatever is on PSN+ currently is the same though I've not seen the 360 version. Picked it up on the THQ humble bundle and on my PC I have to run it on all low video settings. PS3 runs fine so I'd say its better than my crappy PC.

Your right, most people are not going to notice or care but now that I see, my eyes are open so to speak. You take Killzone 2 and even as an older title it looks amazing. Go back to Gears of War or even Gears 2 and they by far show their age.

As much as I hate to admit it, the PS3 is actually a better console graphically. I expect next gen to be the same and possibly more defined. PS4 is a lean and mean gaming system where the xbone is geared to HBO and that ilk.

I'm not trying to sway anyone so don't take it that way. I'm trying to provide an honest look. Hell I've had my PS3 sitting here for 4 or 5 years barely used for games but now I'm on board. I'm actually looking forward to having only one console to manage.

I would expect faster and more efficient RAM to beat older and slower even if there is more old and slow. That rumor was also a dev machine torn apart and not the final product. More is better but efficiency comes to play and skews things.
post #14946 of 16243
Nexus, how do you feel about the PS3 controller on BF3? How's flying with it?
post #14947 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

Nexus, how do you feel about the PS3 controller on BF3? How's flying with it?

Haven't played that much to be honest. The controller sucks nuts in every way. For COD its fine, point and shoot. For BF the d-pad is in the worst possible place and the spot button hard to get to because of the awful stick placement. That said, the PS4 controller is a redux of sorts and according to someone at Dice its the best controller he's used. Don't remember if that was Kertz or someone else who said it. I think the touch pad will go a long way to fixing my complaints.

Far as flying Ive only played to like level 3 or so and that was ground games pretty much. Wife is cleaning tonight so I will check it out. I just got it last week, Tomb Raider and the Killzone trilogy as well as playing BF with the crew so its been hard to step over to a $%&tty controller, no peeps, and no headset. That is why I'm considering just ditching my 360 so I'm not tempted to stay behind wink.gif
post #14948 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Thing is, their not equal. PS3 BF3 looks better and that is an honest review. Now that I can actually do a side by side I see the differences as well as compare to a low end PC. PS3 BF looks closer to PC. The particles on bullet ricochets are a lot more present and orangey. 360 ricochets are thin, white blasts in comparison. I noticed the orange gunfire blasts on YouTube vids from PC and as soon as I fired up the PS saw them as well.

So that is a minor thing but it does illustrate that even now, on a two year old game that graphically the Xbox isn't as good. I would liken the PS3 to a low to mid range PC for BF3 PC specs at that time. Saints Row 3 or 4 or whatever is on PSN+ currently is the same though I've not seen the 360 version. Picked it up on the THQ humble bundle and on my PC I have to run it on all low video settings. PS3 runs fine so I'd say its better than my crappy PC.

Your right, most people are not going to notice or care but now that I see, my eyes are open so to speak. You take Killzone 2 and even as an older title it looks amazing. Go back to Gears of War or even Gears 2 and they by far show their age.

As much as I hate to admit it, the PS3 is actually a better console graphically. I expect next gen to be the same and possibly more defined. PS4 is a lean and mean gaming system where the xbone is geared to HBO and that ilk.

I'm not trying to sway anyone so don't take it that way. I'm trying to provide an honest look. Hell I've had my PS3 sitting here for 4 or 5 years barely used for games but now I'm on board. I'm actually looking forward to having only one console to manage.

I would expect faster and more efficient RAM to beat older and slower even if there is more old and slow. That rumor was also a dev machine torn apart and not the final product. More is better but efficiency comes to play and skews things.


I agree with you that the PS3 looks better, but if all of us played BF3 on the PS3 from day 1 we wouldnt of had the fun we have on xbox. I know team chat is an option in the game but it still blows when I have to hear a blueberry or keep having to mute players. I am not saying I dont care about graphics but its not my number 1 priority when buying a multiplayer game, maybe #3.

I have owned a PS3 and a 360 since day 1 and I played both systems a lot for years. I played the same game on both systems for a long time and I as well as the team I played with both loved the experience that Live brought us. This was the reason why I always preferred the xbox over the PS4. It provided more fun for me and thats what I cared about. I only played BF3 for Xbox as when we switched our focus from COD to BF we all decided on Xbox. So I cant compare this particular games online experience. But like as I did a few years ago I will still follow the crowd, even though Spyder thinks I shower in the MS fountain of awesomeness. As of right now you PS4 boys only have a small lead and not enough to sway me just yet. For me to make the switch I need the PSN+ to be better and maybe MPH saying he is going over to Sony. My household uses many features of Live and that plays a big role in my decision. My 2 year old just learned how to use the kinect and the controller to play her kinect games so I will always have the XB1s in my house. It all depends if I want to make another investment in adding PS4s.
post #14949 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Haven't played that much to be honest. The controller sucks nuts in every way. For COD its fine, point and shoot. For BF the d-pad is in the worst possible place and the spot button hard to get to because of the awful stick placement. That said, the PS4 controller is a redux of sorts and according to someone at Dice its the best controller he's used. Don't remember if that was Kertz or someone else who said it. I think the touch pad will go a long way to fixing my complaints.

Far as flying Ive only played to like level 3 or so and that was ground games pretty much. Wife is cleaning tonight so I will check it out. I just got it last week, Tomb Raider and the Killzone trilogy as well as playing BF with the crew so its been hard to step over to a $%&tty controller, no peeps, and no headset. That is why I'm considering just ditching my 360 so I'm not tempted to stay behind wink.gif


Do you want me to join you in the PS3 land so you have someone to talk to?
post #14950 of 16243
FWIW - I am not downplaying the PS3/PS4, I think the hardware is great. Thats what Sony does best but they need to improve on the software end. Instead of hiring a company to make a great game get them to improve your online aspect and the damn dashboard. This isnt 1998 anymore.
post #14951 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Thing is, their not equal. PS3 BF3 looks better and that is an honest review. Now that I can actually do a side by side I see the differences as well as compare to a low end PC. PS3 BF looks closer to PC. The particles on bullet ricochets are a lot more present and orangey. 360 ricochets are thin, white blasts in comparison. I noticed the orange gunfire blasts on YouTube vids from PC and as soon as I fired up the PS saw them as well.

So that is a minor thing but it does illustrate that even now, on a two year old game that graphically the Xbox isn't as good. I would liken the PS3 to a low to mid range PC for BF3 PC specs at that time. Saints Row 3 or 4 or whatever is on PSN+ currently is the same though I've not seen the 360 version. Picked it up on the THQ humble bundle and on my PC I have to run it on all low video settings. PS3 runs fine so I'd say its better than my crappy PC.

Your right, most people are not going to notice or care but now that I see, my eyes are open so to speak. You take Killzone 2 and even as an older title it looks amazing. Go back to Gears of War or even Gears 2 and they by far show their age.

As much as I hate to admit it, the PS3 is actually a better console graphically. I expect next gen to be the same and possibly more defined. PS4 is a lean and mean gaming system where the xbone is geared to HBO and that ilk.

I'm not trying to sway anyone so don't take it that way. I'm trying to provide an honest look. Hell I've had my PS3 sitting here for 4 or 5 years barely used for games but now I'm on board. I'm actually looking forward to having only one console to manage.

I would expect faster and more efficient RAM to beat older and slower even if there is more old and slow. That rumor was also a dev machine torn apart and not the final product. More is better but efficiency comes to play and skews things.


I agree with you that the PS3 looks better, but if all of us played BF3 on the PS3 from day 1 we wouldnt of had the fun we have on xbox. I know team chat is an option in the game but it still blows when I have to hear a blueberry or keep having to mute players. I am not saying I dont care about graphics but its not my number 1 priority when buying a multiplayer game, maybe #3.

I have owned a PS3 and a 360 since day 1 and I played both systems a lot for years. I played the same game on both systems for a long time and I as well as the team I played with both loved the experience that Live brought us. This was the reason why I always preferred the xbox over the PS4. It provided more fun for me and thats what I cared about. I only played BF3 for Xbox as when we switched our focus from COD to BF we all decided on Xbox. So I cant compare this particular games online experience. But like as I did a few years ago I will still follow the crowd, even though Spyder thinks I shower in the MS fountain of awesomeness. As of right now you PS4 boys only have a small lead and not enough to sway me just yet. For me to make the switch I need the PSN+ to be better and maybe MPH saying he is going over to Sony. My household uses many features of Live and that plays a big role in my decision. My 2 year old just learned how to use the kinect and the controller to play her kinect games so I will always have the XB1s in my house. It all depends if I want to make another investment in adding PS4s.

That's why I've been posting so much about the choice I'm making. I prefer people to make an educated choice and know the plusses and minuses. I figure if I put some info out it might help someone else. Holy $%it its only a gaming console but dammit this has been a tough decision :banghead: I think what made it so difficult is that BF4 is being released at the same time so it created 5 systems to pick from to play it on. Fortunately for me I'm the only gamer in the house so it makes things easy and cheaper.
post #14952 of 16243
Yeah its only a game system but it ain't a cheap venture no matter how you cut it..unless we all stayed 360 for bf4 smile.gif Its not going to be quite the same playing bf4 without Zath.
post #14953 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Haven't played that much to be honest. The controller sucks nuts in every way. For COD its fine, point and shoot. For BF the d-pad is in the worst possible place and the spot button hard to get to because of the awful stick placement. That said, the PS4 controller is a redux of sorts and according to someone at Dice its the best controller he's used. Don't remember if that was Kertz or someone else who said it. I think the touch pad will go a long way to fixing my complaints.

Far as flying Ive only played to like level 3 or so and that was ground games pretty much. Wife is cleaning tonight so I will check it out. I just got it last week, Tomb Raider and the Killzone trilogy as well as playing BF with the crew so its been hard to step over to a $%&tty controller, no peeps, and no headset. That is why I'm considering just ditching my 360 so I'm not tempted to stay behind wink.gif

I posted this in the PS3 BF3 thread, but not sure if you saw it. The Cronus Device works like a charm if you want to use a 360 controller on your PS3. I ditched my 360 a few weeks back and started playing BF3 on PS3 but was extremely underwhelmed with the the controller (looser sticks, awkward stick placement, awkward D-pad placement, R1/L1 for aim shoot, R2/L2 for grenade knife.....). Picked up amazon gift cards with my gamestop credit and ordered the device and haven't looked back. If your serious about BF3, which all of us obviously are, I highly recommend it.

It is $10 more dollars on amazon as opposed to the actual company website ($59 vs $69).

I'm not too sure why people are raving over the PS4 controller. The only improvement I can tell is that its a little bigger and rounder, fitting bigger hands better. Most of the other "problems" that currently exist are still there:

  • Parallel sticks vs offset sticks on the 360 controller
  • Awkward D-pad placement
  • Use of L1/R1 for aim shoot (hopefully this will change)

For BF3 and future BF4 play-sessions, the overall feel and button/stick design and placement of the 360 controller is what my hands and brain have been programmed to for upwards of 270 hours. That is the main reason I'm sticking with BF4 on the XB1.
post #14954 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartig View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Haven't played that much to be honest. The controller sucks nuts in every way. For COD its fine, point and shoot. For BF the d-pad is in the worst possible place and the spot button hard to get to because of the awful stick placement. That said, the PS4 controller is a redux of sorts and according to someone at Dice its the best controller he's used. Don't remember if that was Kertz or someone else who said it. I think the touch pad will go a long way to fixing my complaints.

Far as flying Ive only played to like level 3 or so and that was ground games pretty much. Wife is cleaning tonight so I will check it out. I just got it last week, Tomb Raider and the Killzone trilogy as well as playing BF with the crew so its been hard to step over to a $%&tty controller, no peeps, and no headset. That is why I'm considering just ditching my 360 so I'm not tempted to stay behind wink.gif

I posted this in the PS3 BF3 thread, but not sure if you saw it. The Cronus Device works like a charm if you want to use a 360 controller on your PS3. I ditched my 360 a few weeks back and started playing BF3 on PS3 but was extremely underwhelmed with the the controller (looser sticks, awkward stick placement, awkward D-pad placement, R1/L1 for aim shoot, R2/L2 for grenade knife.....). Picked up amazon gift cards with my gamestop credit and ordered the device and haven't looked back. If your serious about BF3, which all of us obviously are, I highly recommend it.

It is $10 more dollars on amazon as opposed to the actual company website ($59 vs $69).

I'm not too sure why people are raving over the PS4 controller. The only improvement I can tell is that its a little bigger and rounder, fitting bigger hands better. Most of the other "problems" that currently exist are still there:

  • Parallel sticks vs offset sticks on the 360 controller
  • Awkward D-pad placement
  • Use of L1/R1 for aim shoot (hopefully this will change)

For BF3 and future BF4 play-sessions, the overall feel and button/stick design and placement of the 360 controller is what my hands and brain have been programmed to for upwards of 270 hours. That is the main reason I'm sticking with BF4 on the XB1.

I saw that. Not sure what to think. At first I was all yay 360 controller then I saw a hack package and it pissed me off. I get that some people have to deploy less than 100 cheats but seriously?

I do still stand by the 360 controller its just natural over the DS3. That is my only reticance about PS4. I bet I've played a good 5000 hours on my 360 so it is engrained in me now.
post #14955 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartig View Post


I posted this in the PS3 BF3 thread, but not sure if you saw it. The Cronus Device works like a charm if you want to use a 360 controller on your PS3. I ditched my 360 a few weeks back and started playing BF3 on PS3 but was extremely underwhelmed with the the controller (looser sticks, awkward stick placement, awkward D-pad placement, R1/L1 for aim shoot, R2/L2 for grenade knife.....). Picked up amazon gift cards with my gamestop credit and ordered the device and haven't looked back. If your serious about BF3, which all of us obviously are, I highly recommend it.

It is $10 more dollars on amazon as opposed to the actual company website ($59 vs $69).

I'm not too sure why people are raving over the PS4 controller. The only improvement I can tell is that its a little bigger and rounder, fitting bigger hands better. Most of the other "problems" that currently exist are still there:

  • Parallel sticks vs offset sticks on the 360 controller
  • Awkward D-pad placement
  • Use of L1/R1 for aim shoot (hopefully this will change)

For BF3 and future BF4 play-sessions, the overall feel and button/stick design and placement of the 360 controller is what my hands and brain have been programmed to for upwards of 270 hours. That is the main reason I'm sticking with BF4 on the XB1.

When I first started playing one the Xbox, I had incredible difficulty with the controller. I was like, "What the hell, what's up with these crappy offset sticks?!? What's up with these concave thumbs!?!" Having spent thousands of hours on the PS1 and PS2, it was no surprise that there was a learning curve. I modded many Xbox controllers to use PS sticks, which fixed the concave aspect, but the placement was still the same. The awkwardness changed quickly, however. After years of play, now having spent equal time on both consoles, I can now use either controller without hesitation or the slightest difficulty. Some games play better for me with one, some with the other. The new PS4 controller will have far better sticks with more accuracy and less to zero drift, and the R2/L2 buttons will slope out instead of in. I wish I would have found out about the R2/L2 extenders (a mere $5 at GS) for the Playstation controllers earlier than I did: http://www.runaroundtech.com/2011/04/19/review-dual-triggers-for-ps3/

I can certainly see how some people would have problems at first, but rest assured any difficulty goes away rapidly. I do think that it's likely easier for someone like myself that plays a myriad of games (thus using a plethora of different button configurations) to adapt more quickly than someone that only plays Battlefield or a couple of games here and there. That said, after a long Borderlands session, I'll still toss a grenade instead of knife once in a while or try to run with a different button after playing Dead Space, even with the exact same controller...but that's not the controller's fault, it's my old brain trying to relearn. wink.gif

One can be certain that some overseas company is already making an adapter to use on next-gen for $1.50 that they'll sell to us Americans for a tidy profit. Even if that never comes to fruition, there's always 3rd party controllers like this: http://www.target.com/p/ps3-pro-elite-wireless-controller-playstation-3/-/A-13217769?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=%7C13217769&CPNG=Electronics&kpid=13217769&LID=PA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=13217769&gclid=CLPwi8yKt7gCFcdxQgodmw0AWA
post #14956 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post


Does anyone else get the sinking feeling that maybe Xbox cloud computing is just their way of having lots of people beta-test the next generation of Windows which uses cloud computing for everything from system clock to start button layout?

Windows 7 was designed to utilize cloud computing, so it's well beyond beta. That's the thing, this current cloud hype amounts to nothing more than saving your basic preferences to a dedicated server. It's not the magical remote super computer that will make your MP game run 5X better with no lag. All the infinite cloud things they're touting are things that "could/possibly" happen in the future, not anything real right now Dedicated servers are nice don't get me wrong, but BF3 has dedicated servers and I wouldn't say they run like butter.

Sorry for all these off topic rants, just trying to shed some light.

BF3 related:

Trail is a true level 100 beast.

mph and I were being vehicle whores last night, first with jets, then with helicopters. Got this message when we were playing Armor Shield and dominating with the chopper (mph flying):

Rurik The Vred wrote:
"u r really good with that mod! my clan pilot doitch wants to know what its called---we want 2 get it! best flying we seen :>) KOOL BRO ;-] "
Edited by Spanglo - 7/17/13 at 11:14am
post #14957 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

One can be certain that some overseas company is already making an adapter to use on next-gen for $1.50 that they'll sell to us Americans for a tidy profit. Even if that never comes to fruition, there's always 3rd party controllers like this: http://www.target.com/p/ps3-pro-elite-wireless-controller-playstation-3/-/A-13217769?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=%7C13217769&CPNG=Electronics&kpid=13217769&LID=PA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=13217769&gclid=CLPwi8yKt7gCFcdxQgodmw0AWA

Agreed, problem with most of those 3rd party controllers is they all have bad dead zone issues, I tried 2 different ones out for the PS3 (the Power A you linked and the Afterglow) and playing a FPS was not fun, and you were still left with the aim/shoot R1/L1 issue.

You are right, spend enough time with the PS3 controller, and you will get used to it. Problem is, my game time is at a premium with a 2 year old running around, and with another rugrat set to pop out in a few months, it will get even premiumer (ya, I just made that word up). So when I sit down to play, I sit down to play. I am eventually going to get both consoles, so I really do hope the new PS4 controller is the bees knees.
post #14958 of 16243
Yea, I have a ps3 and hate the controller. I like the xbox one much much better. It's more comfortable and easy to hold. I don't like the PS3's trigger buttons at all. As spyder pointed out, the stupid concave sticks. It doesn't make any sense. The D-pad on ps3 is in a awkward position. I don't know if I can play BF4 on PS4 with the same controller. I guess, Im buying the console just for BF4.
post #14959 of 16243
PS4 is also rumored to allow mouse and keyboard for BF so that is a possibility at least. I personally don't want lean over my coffee table like that though.
post #14960 of 16243
The PS4 controller is a new design, and has been well received in a number of articles.

In one of the Cerny interviews I watched, he talked about how they let FPS developers decide on the button layout and form. He wanted a controller that catered to the shooter crowd because of the negative feedback on the PS3 controller, so he went to the game designers. Sounds like they got it right this time around.
post #14961 of 16243
Still don't know why we cant remap to our own liking yet.
post #14962 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post

Still don't know why we cant remap to our own liking yet.

That would be way too easy.
post #14963 of 16243
apparently i need zoom optics or moar skillz. I imagine HK had his hand on his forehead after witnessing my poor tanking. Hapi was so unimpressed he hopped out and took the jet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L03-zUSy_zY&feature=share&list=UUq9AVfIuo1Sv3xxDa9TW-EA

Edited by hsv - 7/17/13 at 8:20pm
post #14964 of 16243
Quick report in on PS3, flight controls take getting used to like everything else but are not bad. Graphically I noticed additional sparks when an mcom explodes.

Somebody posted on the PS4 forum that Dice is testing 70+ players....sweet hopefully will balance out 5 man squads.
post #14965 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 View Post

Yea, I have a ps3 and hate the controller. I like the xbox one much much better. It's more comfortable and easy to hold. I don't like the PS3's trigger buttons at all. As spyder pointed out, the stupid concave sticks. It doesn't make any sense. The D-pad on ps3 is in a awkward position. I don't know if I can play BF4 on PS4 with the same controller. I guess, Im buying the console just for BF4.

I actually prefer the convex sticks the PS3 controller has to the concave sticks the Xbox one does and put PS sticks in a ton of Xbox controllers for myself and many others. The trigger buttons on the PS3 were also convex, which was terrible, while the Xbox ones were concave...at least until I bought the trigger attachments and that was nice. For as much as the D-pad on the PS3 controller is badly placed, at least it works! I've had nothing but issues with the Xbox D-pad, even with the new "twist and it comes up" type. frown.gif
post #14966 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Quick report in on PS3, flight controls take getting used to like everything else but are not bad. Graphically I noticed additional sparks when an mcom explodes.

Somebody posted on the PS4 forum that Dice is testing 70+ players....sweet hopefully will balance out 5 man squads.

I read this a few days ago.

http://bf4central.com/2013/07/battlefield-4-player-count/


These guys were the first to post it. Solid site for BF info.

They are only adding 4 players if they do so I dont think it will bog down the games any worse.
post #14967 of 16243
post #14968 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

I wish I had seen this sooner, I would of been singing all night long. "I got little birdy legs birdy legs"

Quote of the day "Stupid rubs off"




Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

I got little birdie legs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYPPYxuHFfw&feature=youtube_gdata_player



Its ok, you miss these things when you hang out on the Sony side biggrin.gif
post #14969 of 16243
That's ok Trail, I'm not good with a tank either. It was funny though watching you miss every shot. Any slower the jet would have lost lift. LOL
post #14970 of 16243
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post

apparently i need zoom optics or moar skillz. I imagine HK had his hand on his forehead after witnessing my poor tanking. Hapi was so unimpressed he hopped out and took the jet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L03-zUSy_zY&feature=share&list=UUq9AVfIuo1Sv3xxDa9TW-EA


No worries Trail, everyone's hit percentage with the tank is like 5%, except for Spyder who is freaky good. Although if you run Zoom Optics, then your percentage will jump to 15%, but you'll lose Spyder's respect.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Battlefield 3