Originally Posted by atlienzz
So Zath, can you give a tip or two on how to properly take on a jet pilot who immediately goes into toilet bowl mode? Do you break off the opposite direction get some distance and come back? I'm pretty good at maintaining the proper turn speed to keep up but rarely can I actually get on their tail if they are any good at it.
I hate toiletbowling. SO. MUCH.
1. Try to out-turn him. Keep speeds at 280-300. Use throttle and brake to constantly change your speed, forcing your jet to power slide (drift!). Keep the nose pointed down using the rudder. Keep at it until the enemy gives up. Be prepared for him to change directions or attempt to just exit the circle. If he exits the circle, get on his tail and BOOM.
2. Circle over your base. With luck, one of your teammates will pull out a stinger. Two teammates working together can take down a jet that's circling right over them.
3. Find terrain to help you. Circle around mountains, the tower on Caspian, smokestacks on Kharg and Firestorm. Fly low and attempt to get him to hit a pole.
4. Change up your turns. Think of what a circle looks like on an X-Y plane. Remember you're three-dimensional. What does it look like on an X-Y-Z plane? Yup, the same. Use the rudder and start making a sideways circle - at like 45 degrees. It becomes more difficult to gauge speeds and altitudes if you're circling at 45 degrees. You can also go 90 degrees - doing loops and the like. Immediately after pulling a loop, rotate your jet and pull into another loop. With luck, your enemy won't realize you've switched directions.
5. Pop ECM, hope the guy is watching his radar and not your smoke, and try to exit.
Personally, I do 1. If 1 fails, I go to 3. I have the best luck with 4.