or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › PlayStation Area › Battlefield 3 For PS3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Battlefield 3 For PS3 - Page 53

post #1561 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

All the cool kids have anyway cool.gif

I'll be part of the cool club before bf4 gets released.
post #1562 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Double XP this weekend for us newbs.

http://mp1st.com/2013/08/06/double-xp-hits-battlefield-3-this-weekend/

Thanks for posting Nex. Good to know.
post #1563 of 1615
What are ps4 people supposed to do about bf4? I guess wait a month frown.gif
post #1564 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge2 View Post

What are ps4 people supposed to do about bf4? I guess wait a month frown.gif

Why? Have a release date been set for PS4?
post #1565 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Why? Have a release date been set for PS4?

No, there's still not a release date. As far as we know the PS4 could come out before BF4 is even released. What's it matter though, you'll still get to play it at the same time as everyone else on the same plaftform.
post #1566 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mounta1n View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Why? Have a release date been set for PS4?

No, there's still not a release date. As far as we know the PS4 could come out before BF4 is even released. What's it matter though, you'll still get to play it at the same time as everyone else on the same plaftform.

Doesn't matter to me. December is good, October better, today = best wink.gif actually restarting BF3 for PS3 just brought the addiction back full circle. Where I was been there done that on Xbox I'm now a doe eyed closet colonel and back to ignoring my game stack...

Was mostly curious what Verge was referring to.
post #1567 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post


Was mostly curious what Verge was referring to.

I think what Verge meant to say is that BF4 for the PS4 will be released before the console itself is released. Basically current-gen folks will be playing it on October 29th while us PS4 guys will physically have our BF4 game sitting around the house for at least a month or so waiting for the PS4 to launch so we can play it.
post #1568 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post


Was mostly curious what Verge was referring to.

I think what Verge meant to say is that BF4 for the PS4 will be released before the console itself is released. Basically current-gen folks will be playing it on October 29th while us PS4 guys will physically have our BF4 game sitting around the house for at least a month or so waiting for the PS4 to launch so we can play it.

Maybe. Rumors are circulating of an October 21 release...
post #1569 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post

I think what Verge meant to say is that BF4 for the PS4 will be released before the console itself is released. Basically current-gen folks will be playing it on October 29th while us PS4 guys will physically have our BF4 game sitting around the house for at least a month or so waiting for the PS4 to launch so we can play it.

So you have a release date?
post #1570 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mounta1n View Post


So you have a release date?

No but I wish I did. I was simply interpreting what the member Verge was stating a few posts behind. However, there is a post after mine by Nexus stating a rumor that October 21st may be the release date.
post #1571 of 1615
Not so sure I'm buying an October release. These are usually before or just after thanksgiving.

If you buy the ps3 version of BF I think you should get a ps4 version as well !!!!!!
post #1572 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge2 View Post

Not so sure I'm buying an October release. These are usually before or just after thanksgiving.

If you buy the ps3 version of BF I think you should get a ps4 version as well !!!!!!

From a tactical sales standpoint, its in Sony's interest to launch with BF & COD and before Microsoft. At least that is what I'd be shooting for.
post #1573 of 1615
Dice said today your stats would transfer to a new system, STRONGLY implying it will be out well before the systems.

No word on pricing to upgrade. I'm not buying 2 copies, I'll just wait for the ps4 launch.
post #1574 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge2 View Post

Dice said today your stats would transfer to a new system, STRONGLY implying it will be out well before the systems.

No word on pricing to upgrade. I'm not buying 2 copies, I'll just wait for the ps4 launch.

We know Microsoft is launching after BF4 releases, and EA is in a money hat deal with Microsoft so they won't say anything that makes Sony look like it may have an edge. That statement says nothing about when Sony might launch.
post #1575 of 1615
post #1576 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

We know Microsoft is launching after BF4 releases, and EA is in a money hat deal with Microsoft so they won't say anything that makes Sony look like it may have an edge. That statement says nothing about when Sony might launch.

I think it was very telling.

Nov 15 launch. Ps4 version will be discounted if you buy on ps3 but they didn't say how much. Dumb IMO, I'm not buying a game twice.
post #1577 of 1615
So how are jet pilots in BF3 on PS3? I might just have to find me a copy if it goes on sale somewhere wink.gif
post #1578 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

So how are jet pilots in BF3 on PS3? I might just have to find me a copy if it goes on sale somewhere wink.gif
Its free for PS+ members.
post #1579 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokenAshes View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

So how are jet pilots in BF3 on PS3? I might just have to find me a copy if it goes on sale somewhere wink.gif
Its free for PS+ members.

That was July only its off now.
post #1580 of 1615
Zath if you really want a copy, BF3 is like $18 at Gamestop for vanilla and $40 for premium. With EA dropping the online pass a used vanilla would suffice. Hell might even score a cheapo used copy from CL or a pawn shop.
post #1581 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

That was July only its off now.
Damn time flies
post #1582 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokenAshes View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

That was July only its off now.
Damn time flies

No $%&*, just found out Labor Day is a week from today. Last I paid attention summer was starting....on the plus side, November 15 will be here very shortly biggrin.gif
post #1583 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

No $%&*, just found out Labor Day is a week from today. Last I paid attention summer was starting....on the plus side, November 15 will be here very shortly biggrin.gif
Right? Seemed like yesterday my daughter was getting out of school. And now its her second week of being BACK to school.
post #1584 of 1615
This episode is great. So great I decided to share with my old buddies. T-bagging is old news. This makes me want to play BF3 right now and pull this off.


post #1585 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

This episode is great. So great I decided to share with my old buddies. T-bagging is old news. This makes me want to play BF3 right now and pull this off.

I vote to call it the "Burt Reynolds"
post #1586 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Zath if you really want a copy, BF3 is like $18 at Gamestop for vanilla and $40 for premium. With EA dropping the online pass a used vanilla would suffice. Hell might even score a cheapo used copy from CL or a pawn shop.

Really? Didn't know EA dropped the online pass. Is that already in effect or is it coming up?
post #1587 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Zath if you really want a copy, BF3 is like $18 at Gamestop for vanilla and $40 for premium. With EA dropping the online pass a used vanilla would suffice. Hell might even score a cheapo used copy from CL or a pawn shop.

Really? Didn't know EA dropped the online pass. Is that already in effect or is it coming up?

They ditched it a month or two back across the board. No EA game requires a pass now and it was retroactive for at least the biggest titles not sure how far back it goes.
post #1588 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

This episode is great. So great I decided to share with my old buddies. T-bagging is old news. This makes me want to play BF3 right now and pull this off.




Bwahahahaha I just saw this on my kill cam last night after watching this
post #1589 of 1615
First time playing in about 8 months.

Spawn camping, massive disadvantaged teams, sniper feasts. When did bf3 turn into call of duty. No strategy at all, just button mashing. I didn't have any fun.
post #1590 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge2 View Post

First time playing in about 8 months.

Spawn camping, massive disadvantaged teams, sniper feasts. When did bf3 turn into call of duty. No strategy at all, just button mashing. I didn't have any fun.

tons of noobs playing these days, that's what happens when the games are no longer a premium price, @ $20's everyone starts playing, but it's a lot of fun with friends, but as you said very often, the other team is full of noobs with out mic's and they get their buts kicked, even the few colonels they have are no help, even being on the winning team, is not a lot of fun. it's just time to BF4 to come out, and we'll start the cycle all over again. It will be great the first year, and for a month after each new map pack is release, but really, when you get can the BF3 premium for $20's, you going to get the COD crowd, fun and gun.

I played 1750 tickets Gulf of Oman, the other day, over a 2 hour match, my mic was dead, which was fine, these really annoying guys were playing it up on my squad, not very good. I kept asking for ammo, you know via the select button, "I need some F$#$@%# ammo here". and you know I have the big ammo icon over my head, and not once did those idiots ever drop any ammo. I came in 3rd on the team, ended up being a very close match, we just pulled it off, and then those moron's send me a fried request, really, drop some ammo you dumb@$$, this ain't cod.

recall I said it was a two hour match, I asked for ammo many, many times.

also, just a thought, since the adults don't have to wait for their parents to buy them a PS4, I would think BF4 on the PS4 should be great for some time to come, only the serious gamer on a new game on a new platform.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PlayStation Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › PlayStation Area › Battlefield 3 For PS3