or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Terra Nova' on FOX HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'Terra Nova' on FOX HD - Page 42

post #1231 of 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by danc8379 View Post

Interesting that after tonight's episode they referred to next weeks episode as the "finale" and not the "season finale". They also said "see how it all ends.". Has there been an announcement about this being cancelled?

I heard "see how it all ends" for next weeks promo and was wondering the same thing.
post #1232 of 1423
I don't know what's customary when it comes to announcing a renewed show, however, I would think they would have made an announcement if the show was being renewed .. ??
post #1233 of 1423
Last I heard Fox was waiting until the beginning of the new year to decide whether to renew or not. Probably why it's so vague. Notice they didn't actually say "Series" finale. I remember NBC doing the same to Chuck one year when it wasn't certain if it would be back or not.
post #1234 of 1423
Normally the networks don't make final decisions on bubble shows until the May upfronts. Given the rather soft (but not terrible) ratings, and the expensive production costs, the final decision will probably will probably be made by the bean counters later rather than sooner. Although, this does seem to have a slower production schedule, so perhaps they will want to decide sooner if they want it ready for next fall. Who knows?
post #1235 of 1423
Although it was a 'lead-in to the finale' episode...I liked it. A few nice gratuitous dino shots too. TN has been on a nice, gradual upswing in revealing the show's mythology. Really looking forward to next week's finale. I hope Fox/Spielberg push for renewal as this show although sci-fi lite fills a dearth of interesting programming for the family audience.
post #1236 of 1423
anyone know if FOX will be replaying last night's episode?...I forgot to record it
post #1237 of 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post

anyone know if FOX will be replaying last night's episode?...I forgot to record it

Sorry, no scheduled encore on the network or over a Fox owned cable outlet. Either watch online if you can, or check on demand.
post #1238 of 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westly-C View Post

Sorry, no scheduled encore on the network or over a Fox owned cable outlet. Either watch online if you can, or check on demand.

Not yet. On 12/24 episodes 107 and 108 are being repeated. If you hang in there, the remainder should get repeated on a Saturday night in the new year.
post #1239 of 1423
Fox better not prove that they are A-holes by canceling the series.

I'm ready for new adventures that await the Terra Nova bunch.
post #1240 of 1423
With all its faults, it just needs more time to mature. I hope it wont be cancelled.
post #1241 of 1423
yes, it can be corny at times, but it's kinda grown on me and I would like to see it renewed as well ...
post #1242 of 1423
To me, it's just not interesting. The characters are mostly cartoon cutouts and the stories are ridiculously plotted. There is the germ of a good show hidden in there, but the writers/producers/actors are doing their best to hide their light under the proverbial bushel.
post #1243 of 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post

Fox better not prove that they are A-holes by canceling the series.

They've canceled far better series... Firefly (2003)
post #1244 of 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

They've canceled far better series... Firefly (2003)

a sad day indeed ..
post #1245 of 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint350 View Post

To me, it's just not interesting. The characters are mostly cartoon cutouts and the stories are ridiculously plotted. There is the germ of a good show hidden in there, but the writers/producers/actors are doing their best to hide their light under the proverbial bushel.

Hopefully Monday's 1.5 hrs (without interruptions) will change your mind. But, somehow I doubt it. There is always hope

The problem is getting the Nielsen families to tune in so that there will be ratings numbers.
post #1246 of 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post

Fox better not prove that they are A-holes by canceling the series.

I'm ready for new adventures that await the Terra Nova bunch.




Agreed I want to see more adventures and find out more about all the characters
post #1247 of 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by taffyrose123 View Post

Agreed I want to see more adventures and find out more about all the characters

Agreed
post #1248 of 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltownsend View Post

Agreed

You get to learn a little more about Lucas
post #1249 of 1423
From what I read what might save this show is the worldwide audience. It is broadcast in quite a few overseas markets and kind of popular there.
post #1250 of 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argee View Post

From what I read what might save this show is the worldwide audience. It is broadcast in quite a few overseas markets and kind of popular there.

NBC's 'The Event' was supposedly sold in 200 foreign markets. Didn't save it from Nielsen annihilation. Shows still live or die based on the luddites who watch them, and the commercials, in real time.
post #1251 of 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argee View Post

From what I read what might save this show is the worldwide audience. It is broadcast in quite a few overseas markets and kind of popular there.

The only way I can imagine overseas markets saving the show is if they pull a Baywatch and start funding the production.
post #1252 of 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

NBC's 'The Event' was supposedly sold in 200 foreign markets. Didn't save it from Nielsen annihilation. Shows still live or die based on the luddites who watch them, and the commercials, in real time.

Are we being called Luddites .. ??

In modern usage, "Luddite" is a term describing those opposed to industrialisation, automation, computerisation or new technologies in general..
post #1253 of 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Are we being called Luddites .. ??

In modern usage, "Luddite" is a term describing those opposed to industrialisation, automation, computerisation or new technologies in general..

The point being that the greater portion of Nielsen ratings come from those who watch live TV and haven't upgraded to the year 2006 and the DVR, where the numbers are not as important. Even after they started including all the Live+7 stuff it still doesn't hold the same weight as the live viewer count.
post #1254 of 1423
I may watch another season if they bring it back, but I would say it is less than 50/50. Lucas's hatred for his father was just to much. Get over it. Although maybe he was supposed to be representative of the pampered generation who complain if they don't get new Iphones and Ipads.
post #1255 of 1423
Best comedy of the week!
post #1256 of 1423
Young white ta-ta's look great in the jungle! It's like Jurassic-pheremones!
post #1257 of 1423
The family & I enjoyed it. Hope it's back for another season.
post #1258 of 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post

Best comedy of the week!

Ouch!
post #1259 of 1423
OK. So I guess this series is done now?
Looks like they saved a major part of the FX budget for the last.
post #1260 of 1423
Too bad the other episodes weren't as good as this one. Other than a few silly moves, I thought it showed promise, just too little, too late.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Terra Nova' on FOX HD