or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › What's Your System Configuration › BrolicBeast's Living Room Theater
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

BrolicBeast's Living Room Theater - Page 26

post #751 of 3167
BrolicBeast, I haven't visited your page for a while and all I can say is OMG!! The room is absolutely stunning! The F2s are incredibly beautiful! You commentary on the set up put me right there in the room. Great Job! As Mike Myers has said, “I'm not worthy!” biggrin.gif JT
post #752 of 3167
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnt29 View Post

BrolicBeast, I haven't visited your page for a while and all I can say is OMG!! The room is absolutely stunning! The F2s are incredibly beautiful! You commentary on the set up put me right there in the room. Great Job! As Mike Myers has said, “I'm not worthy!” biggrin.gif JT

Greetings JT and thank you for the complement biggrin.gif. We are ALL worthy of great bass :-) Achieving it, on the other hand, is quite a glorious journey!
post #753 of 3167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgundy83 View Post

BrolicBeast is my man and let me tell you something...I never thought theater's, big TV's and speakers were important. Well, thanks to BrolicBeast, I have my very own mini theater and I have a brand new Panasonic TC-P55GT50 and I love it! With the help of BrolicBeast, I am going to post some photos of my new mini theater! I love it and I am happy! I'm a lady who can't live without a theater and football!
I am Burgundy83 and you guys are awesome smile.gif

Hey Burgundy83 welcome. I just read your lady brolicbeast smile.gif fantastic!! It good to see you here on AVS. It's nice to see you share the same interests as Matt, that is awesome. My wife understands my enjoyment for HT but I do I get the old "did we really need that?" Lol smile.gif

Anyway looking forward in seeing some pics of your mini theatre and don't become a stranger in this forum. smile.gif
post #754 of 3167
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

Ah, the ULS-15's are great performers acronym what I've read, and the price is out of this world. Its funny--5 years ago, I thought my old Infinity ps-12 was the pinnacle of subwoofers.....then I accidentally stumbled onto SVS, and I've been a subwoofer-head since. What are your favorite films/ music for bass demos?

Yes I have been very happy ULS owner and its a far far cry from my very first sub back in the day Polk PSW100 getting down to 19 hertz (no way lol!!!) Some of my favorite Bass demo films are Cloverfield, Terminator Salvation (The gas station scene to the bridge scene),Monster Inc if you like the toons, Music choices are an artist by the name Hugh Masekela- Hope a live Jazz /African piece recorded at Blues Alley down in Georgetown, Sheila E Writes of Passage. I think you are going to find yourself reviewing alot of your current movie music/material with the recent additions of room acoustics material and subs.
post #755 of 3167
Thread Starter 
Putting the size of the F2 into perspective.

post #756 of 3167
Dude, that's some serious sh!t. Congrats!
post #757 of 3167
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post

Dude, that's some serious sh!t. Congrats!

Thanks a lot bro!
post #758 of 3167
Thread Starter 
Shots of the room treatments.

Front GIK 242 Acoustic Panels (Black)


Rear GIK 244 Bass Traps (Black)


Shot of front GIK 242 and corner GIK Tri-Trap
post #759 of 3167
Thread Starter 
Hey all, here's the Seaton Submersive F2 HP Unboxing Video
post #760 of 3167
lol couldn't wait to get them unboxed huh? Even kept your jacket on the whole time. You needed a light or two on, the video was a bit on the dark side. Even so though man do those subs look impressive. I am definitely jealous my friend. You've moved your sound into a whole different level of awesomeness. smile.gif
post #761 of 3167
Matt they look awesome. Well done my friend your LFE is know going to rock. By the way you might have to pay more on home insurance due to the subs might bring your home crumbling down smile.gif

Btw I love your soprano bit when you unveil the subs. biggrin.gif
post #762 of 3167
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

lol couldn't wait to get them unboxed huh? Even kept your jacket on the whole time.

I don't blame him. No time for change smile.gif
post #763 of 3167
Yeah I've done the same lol. It's unboxing time, no need for such unnecessary stuff.
post #764 of 3167
Great video. They do look pretty tall with both drivers on the front. I will be intrested in your thoughts on them. I am also assuming that like the "standard" submersive sub, the F2 has the switch for 15Hz and 19Hz. I would also be curious as to what setting you end up with and what difference you can tell between the two settings. BTW, they do look really nice.
post #765 of 3167
Thanks for the video I can't wait to see the next one.
post #766 of 3167
Matthew, I have learned a lot from you…especially in the home theater department! For example, when choosing a subwoofer for your home sound system, you want to get the best value in terms of features and sound quality for the best price. You also introduced me to Acoustic Panels. Initially, I thought Acoustic Panels were a waste of space and money; not the case. I realized that quality acoustic treatments ensure that the sound in your theater reaches you with clarity and great impact. (I sound like you) LoL
post #767 of 3167
smile.gif Thank you very much! This is a whole new world to me and I am excited! Matt is going to help me set up my mini theater and then I will upload some pictures soon. I see that you have an amazing theater…congrats to you too! wink.gif
post #768 of 3167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Hey Burgundy83 welcome. I just read your lady brolicbeast smile.gif fantastic!! It good to see you here on AVS. It's nice to see you share the same interests as Matt, that is awesome. My wife understands my enjoyment for HT but I do I get the old "did we really need that?" Lol smile.gif
Anyway looking forward in seeing some pics of your mini theatre and don't become a stranger in this forum. smile.gif

:)Thank you very much! This is a whole new world to me and I am excited! Matt is going to help me set up my mini theater and then I will upload some pictures soon. I see that you have an amazing theater…congrats to you too! wink.gif
post #769 of 3167
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

Greetings JT and thank you for the complement biggrin.gif. We are ALL worthy of great bass :-) Achieving it, on the other hand, is quite a glorious journey!

rolleyes.gif Yes, and I can't wait to improve my home theater! Movies will never be the same again!
post #770 of 3167
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

lol couldn't wait to get them unboxed huh? Even kept your jacket on the whole time. You needed a light or two on, the video was a bit on the dark side. Even so though man do those subs look impressive. I am definitely jealous my friend. You've moved your sound into a whole different level of awesomeness. smile.gif

lol, No time for changing!!! 'twas time to get to it and snatch those right out their boxes!!! the whole room is dark--I had three different lamps on just to get it this bright! (paint is non-reflective flat black & dark gray).
post #771 of 3167
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Matt they look awesome. Well done my friend your LFE is know going to rock. By the way you might have to pay more on home insurance due to the subs might bring your home crumbling down smile.gif
Btw I love your soprano bit when you unveil the subs. biggrin.gif

Thanks Frank! I really will need to upgrade my insurance to cover foundation fractures and window explosions. lol. Glad you like my singing performance....I'm signing autographs all week! They will be worth two to three hundred pennies one day. biggrin.gif
post #772 of 3167
I may have missed it but is there any reason why you went with the f2 instead of the HP just curious
post #773 of 3167
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post

Great video. They do look pretty tall with both drivers on the front. I will be intrested in your thoughts on them. I am also assuming that like the "standard" submersive sub, the F2 has the switch for 15Hz and 19Hz. I would also be curious as to what setting you end up with and what difference you can tell between the two settings. BTW, they do look really nice.

Thanks Mike! Are you referring to he PGR1&2 buttons? If not, I need to reexamine the amp to see if I missed a feature! There is a white buttoni that says "20" on it, toward the bottom. I
Not yet sure what that's for. as far as PRG1&2, i found that PRG2 is simply great for my room and gives me goosebumps in scenes like the Iwo Jima scene from "The Pacific." <---mindblowing experience!
post #774 of 3167
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mech27 View Post

I may have missed it but is there any reason why you went with the f2 instead of the HP just curious

Greetings! The sole reason I opted for the F2-HP's as opposed to the original HP is primarily aesthetics. i spent a while lusting after the JL Gotham form factor(not the sub, but the form factor!).....and once I saw seaton offered a similar form factor, I made sure its performance was up to par, and then began making plans for the purchase!
post #775 of 3167
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

Thanks Mike! Are you referring to he PGR1&2 buttons? If not, I need to reexamine the amp to see if I missed a feature! There is a white buttoni that says "20" on it, toward the bottom. I
Not yet sure what that's for. as far as PRG1&2, i found that PRG2 is simply great for my room and gives me goosebumps in scenes like the Iwo Jima scene from "The Pacific." <---mindblowing experience!
Yes, that is what I meant. I don't know what the button with "20" on it means. So PRG2. I must be the only guy who has it on PRG1 tongue.gif. Glad PRG2 works great for you.
post #776 of 3167
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post

Yes, that is what I meant. I don't know what the button with "20" on it means. So PRG2. I must be the only guy who has it on PRG1 tongue.gif. Glad PRG2 works great for you.

I'm using PGM1 too. Looks like most prefer PGM1 as well in the PGM1/PGM2 Poll I did a year ago but each room and tastes are different. I tried PGM2 when I had my JTRs after running Audyssey and it worked great better than PGM1. For some reason now I prefer PGM1 with the Triad speakers after Audyseey does it thing. Both the graphs look the same from PGM1 from the JTRs to Triads after Audyssey but for some reason I prefer PGM1 with the Triads and preferred PGM2 with the JTRs. Either way its great to have the choice smile.gif

The white 20 button is actually a 20A breaker. I believe the original SubMersive (1000W non HP) used a fuse but the HP gets a 20A breaker. cool.gif
post #777 of 3167
YAY, I am not the only one in PRG1 smile.gif. But I do agree that it is great to have the choice.
post #778 of 3167
Matt,

I must say that now every time I see your HT i jsut say WOW!

Now let me get this right, you're planning to have 4 of those baies in the room?eek.gif if so, Frank is right, you'll need to review your insurance!!biggrin.gif

maybe I'm mistaking but I believe you did a Audyssey calibration, right? was it the standard one with the mic included with the processor or did you go for the Audyssey pro mic solution as I've heard is way accurate.

I'm planning to buy the pro calibration kit in order to do it at home.
post #779 of 3167
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post


I've had Fathoms, and the Submersives are better subs in the 2 most important aspects... extension and output. Within their limits, the JL's are great and their sound quality is excellent. But the Submersives are their equal for SQ and beat them in every other way. The only reason, (IMO), to get Fathoms is if you absolutely need the form factor of the smaller box.


My $0.02.


Craig

This is the post that started it all. I had never even heard of Submersives before this point. I'd like to officially thank Craig for this.
post #780 of 3167
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldiallo View Post

Matt,
I must say that now every time I see your HT i jsut say WOW!
Now let me get this right, you're planning to have 4 of those baies in the room?eek.gif if so, Frank is right, you'll need to review your insurance!!biggrin.gif
maybe I'm mistaking but I believe you did a Audyssey calibration, right? was it the standard one with the mic included with the processor or did you go for the Audyssey pro mic solution as I've heard is way accurate.
I'm planning to buy the pro calibration kit in order to do it at home.

Thanks Al biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif yup, eventually I'll have 4 of these; however, the idea is that I will have a much larger theater in my next house. Yup, I definitely used Audyssey, but it was the XT32 w/ included mic, not the Pro. Im actually getting ready to get into measuring as well. I may use Ominic or XTZ in conjunction with Audyssey. I'd love to hear your impressions, once you do Audyssey Pro.

BTW, I'm still loving that futuristic rack of yours!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › What's Your System Configuration › BrolicBeast's Living Room Theater